test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    nateofborg6nateofborg6 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess ill tryt getting on next week maybe.
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ooh movement just went from 2003 to 847. May get in before my beard grows back :D
  • Options
    milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whoami2 wrote: »
    this is not good waiting 1 hr to play a game

Careful, some people will complain about your complaint of waiting 1 hr or more to get into the game. I already got told i got the patience of a 10 year old as I didnt have more than an hour to play the game today and I wasnt about to wait half a day to get into the game when I was qued at 4,000 out of 4,300.

Its funny how people have certain time constraints to play this game to enjoy themselves but yet they are the ones that have no patience. I just find it funny, I think those that do that probably have no job and they sit at home all day on the computer where other people actually have stuff to do.
  • Options
    markmmaillet1111markmmaillet1111 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    9287 of 11670 and i haven't moved at all. and i have been playing sto since before it was free to play. i am so disappointed in the progress this game has made since pwe took it over. you know what it looks like to me. lets add all this new stuff and TRIBBLE what needs fixing and then take their money. it really sucks. but thats life i guess.
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is not good waiting 1 hr to play a game......
  • Options
    itsthebishopitsthebishop Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1:30PM US ET. 10330 of 11335. Crikey.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Romulan Praetorian Guard
    Original join date:January 2010
  • Options
    markmmaillet1111markmmaillet1111 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    while i was typing i moved yay.
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    THIS IS ABSOLUTLY RIDICULOUS!!!!!! WTF THIS LOG IN QUEUNE LOLZ!!!!:mad:
  • Options
    litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2nd day with no play slow patch now only 9177 ahead of me in the queue.........
    May add another week to the fleet compo I put up, they will never get back to me by Sunday for their prize.:(
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • Options
    gallothrixgallothrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    6659 out of 11277.... moved roughly 3000 in about half an hour.
  • Options
    arctrooper1773arctrooper1773 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a sneaky feeling that many people will be doing what I've just thought of. Stick with one character and keep them logged in. Permanently. Even to the point of sector space, half impulse and something heavy on the A key.

That's what I'm going to do in 9000 players time, anyway.
  • Options
    xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    inb4 server down
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Silvers are not exclusive to getting kicked off the game. Gold and Lifers I know are also getting disconnected.
  • Options
    emiluskalileemiluskalile Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dom1941 wrote: »
    People have been waiting a day just to log in...food for thought :P

Yeah this is ridiculous and I know I spelled Queue wrong the first time lol. I have t be at work at 3:30 PM and I want to play a little before I do. I understand that the new content has been added, I want to play it like everyone else but this wait time is crazy.
  • Options
    ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not even 12 hours ago the queue thing was fixed and its happening again???? WTF Cryptic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    fs130fs130 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They obviously didn't pay attention to the negative press that EA got during the SimCity launch. Overloaded servers is a sign of TRIBBLE poor planning.
  • Options
    xalexkxxalexkx Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They should change
    "When this window disappears, you will be logged in " to
    "If this window ever disappears , you will be logged in"
    To boldly go where no FAWer has ever FAWed before.
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is not good waiting 1 hr to play a game.......after 1hr still waiting
  • Options
    stilletojoestilletojoe Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am an LTS player bought countless stuff from the zen store, bought the legacy pack a few weeks ago, and even I seen a queue even though it was a short queue maybe about 2 minutes at the most. Get over yourselves.

um... 2 minutes?! Yeah, takes 2 minutes for the log in screen to load in order to get to the point where the next message is that there is a queue which hasn't moved at all in the last hour and is now over 11K deep.... and oh, I started well over 2 hours ago, this is the second queue of the day so far. I know there are probably the dregs of people still waiting from when I briefly made it in from the first queue of the day.

Really this stuff should have been easy to forecast and a prepared company would bring extra infrastructure at a major release junction such as this. While I don't know numbers, I'm pretty sure that MMORPG's such as Guild Wars faced larger (vastly) numbers of avid players trying to get in at each of their expansion releases, and I never faced a log in queue there... now, LAG, that is another story, but there were at times well over 100 instances of towns for the major events - that is a mega load of players on at the same time. Seems like Perfect World needs to pay more attention, and with their list of games, they should have the assets available to temporarily shift infrastructure to more readily support increased demand at a major release point.
  • Options
    lurka72lurka72 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is ridiculous! :mad:
    Hu'tegh Cryptic!!!!
  • Options
    ayreon76#1360 ayreon76 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    am back after a long time to try this new update but almost 12k wating list is long XD
    hope they ad some new channels ore servers :)
  • Options
    horridpersonhorridperson Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wait the queue to log in. No problem. I decide to switch characters. Back to the queue. My choice. No problem. I get dc'ed 5 minutes after the said switch. Back to the queue. That's crummy.
    battlegroupad_zps8gon3ojt.jpg

• Options
    deffjurkedeffjurke Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I f there will be a queue EVERY TIME I log on, then I don't think I want to play. Being 11,627 of 11,632 is kinda ridiculous.:eek:
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah this is ridiculous and I know I spelled Queue wrong the first time lol. I have t be at work at 3:30 PM and I want to play a little before I do. I understand that the new content has been added, I want to play it like everyone else but this wait time is crazy.

I take it you weren't around for the Season 5 release?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    fowllanguagefowllanguage Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xalexkx wrote: »
    They should change
    "When this window disappears, you will be logged in " to
    "If this window ever disappears , you will be logged in"

lmao.right on !!
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A 10-20k queue on a triple-A MMO means that there are probably 100k+ people playing right now. Those are incredible numbers. Most MMOs of this scale have multiple shards to distribute the load, thankfully STO only has one so I don't have to worry about being on "the crappy server" or end up on a different shard than friends I induce to play.

There are major MMOs out there that don't have 10-20k players on a single server, ever. With the hype surrounding LoR I expected long waits. It's like when 6 Flags adds a new coaster. The lines are gonna be long. Expect it, and wait your turn. It'll settle down in a few days.

Even Blizzard, in a faux-MMO (Diablo 3) experienced massive failures on day one, and continuously through the first week, and that is a company with virtually unlimited resources.

In even more recent history, EA and SimCity had epic network issues.

Give Cryptic a break.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well I wait for STO to become stable again, maybe i'll actually try the new star trek game for consoles, or even dig out Star fleet academy bridge simulator for my SNES, at least those ships don't have wait lines
  • Options
    emiluskalileemiluskalile Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    I take it you weren't around for the Season 5 release?

I have been playing on and off since then. I have just now gotten back into playing. I know every time they add something new things never go smoothly may I remind you of the 3 year anniversary event.
  • Options
    adamlaw007adamlaw007 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cant even log on, the launcher does not even come up now so look like i not be playing for a few days till all this is fixed.