test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    lawferiuslawferius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its just so frelling unfair.. first time i login im 3000/3000, i wait like a good boy, i get into the game and after 3 min i get disconnected.. i try again..5000/5000 i wait and again after a moment in the game i get disced.. I want to log in again.. its 9000 que.. so i quit
  • Options
    archer8472archer8472 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    over 10.000 people waiting to get in right now and i'm 3609th in line... and have been for the last 10 minutes ^&$&*%$ NO PROGRESS!! :mad:

Cryptic.. What's the deal here???
  • Options
    lorddoominatorlorddoominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blunted74 wrote: »
    I can't see silvers getting kicked from the servers, but they definitely do get pushed aside for GOLD/LTS while in queue. Membership has it's benefits.

Unfortunately silvers get kicked out after a very short amount of game time! :(
    I managed to login 2 times, but got kicked out after ~5 minutes, and ~30 minutes... :mad:
  • Options
    gabrielinwestmingabrielinwestmin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cant wait to be able to play once again....
    Last night after being gone for a week, tried to load and was greeted with a 1,901 login que
    Now today its 10,366

At this rate I will never be able to play:mad:

Anyone know if Cryptic/Perfect world is going to increase the server capacity a little to help alleviate these issues? At first I was thinking the servers are overloaded from all the updates being pushed out but heck if I really know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So your brilliant solution to queue times that limit some from playing is to stop everyone from playing because you think a game that's taken offline entirely will suffer from less negative reaction than a game with a queue time?

Okay. I disagree.
  • Options
    kaineauskaineaus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Waiting for the downtime announcement....
  • Options
    crasymcrasym Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    waited 30 minutes for the login que, took 10 steps on ds9, lagged, disconnected and now back in que....

The word frustration simply doesn't cover it.
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is not good waiting 1 hr to play a game
  • Options
    cpttristancpttristan Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :O im waiting a long time to well i think this is PVE lol the system is already very bad but now it's even wurse :O well welcome to IMperfect World...
  • Options
    kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Queue Is Not Moving At All!!! Sort It Out...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a good thing I had no interest in trying their Neverwinter MMO, or all these login issues would be giving me second thoughts.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok you're a monthly subscriber but the server is the same for everyone, I guess

Exactly, you really think the servers or people waiting for hours care that your a monthly subscriber? I think not. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    erikthered907erikthered907 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My position number doesn't seemed to have changed for about 10 minutes now... but the queue number is just growing at growing.

That's it... club's closed... last call everyone!
    Dammit J'mpok! I'm a warrior... not a PETA tagger!
  • Options
    kezzinkezzin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why was this Log In Qeue Added? Sometimes it takes way to long to get into the game. I thought the game was fine with out it, was this a way for them to keep control of the servers better?

You spelled Queue wrong. But, it was not added. They always had it. They normally do not need it. But, is you may have noticed they released new content and a lot of people want to play it. So, many people that normally are not playing want to log on. Hence, the queue. :eek:
  • Options
    sollac70sollac70 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so im in a queue 9592 out of 11353

problem is i was originally 9592 of 10652 the wrong number is moving.

either njo one is in game or pw/cryptic have screwed the pooch on this one
  • Options
    yeoman85yeoman85 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :( Stuck in the queue 1177 of 11271 - it was moving until 20 mins ago - now there is even more of a backlog - the mistake I made was changing character :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It's always been in there it happens to a lot of MMO's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jacrelljacrell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well since its easier and quicker to perform server adjustments on servers that are offline yes I do think thats a resolution. But of course if your idea is to let the minority play whilst the majority sit in queues that go on for 12 hours + and often crash thus driving those people away then sure go ahead. But when people rant on about how there is such little Klingon content there is or how few resources are put into balance issues ect and the Devs reply that they have limited resource due to finances then remember how many customers they basically threw away.
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is not good waiting 1 hr to play a game or more
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This queue is really getting me very angry.

You zone, get kicked out of the game, and then having to get back in the stupid Queue in a long line!

How the heck are we supposed to do Events?
  • Options
    hellzcatzbrhellzcatzbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don?t know about everyone, but I think one of the most frustrating aspects right now is that even changing characters throws you at the queue. My suggestion is that the queue to be BEFORE we even see our characters. After we been through the queue, we could create as many characters we have slots to, play, change characters without be bothered about getting at a queue again. Is that possible?
  • Options
    kaineauskaineaus Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time to watch Undiscovered Country again.

Let's see if it logs in before Rura Penthe....
  • Options
    x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Think its obvious the game is broke, i was stuck at 5208 i disconnected and was put back to 11,000+ so.. TRIBBLE it im off play another game thats que free and well works. :rolleyes:

Cryptic/perfect world obviously dont have a clue what they are doing.
  • Options
    defiance12defiance12 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why was this Log In Qeue Added? Sometimes it takes way to long to get into the game. I thought the game was fine with out it, was this a way for them to keep control of the servers better?

if they wanted to better control the servers and have a better and more stable game they should invest in BETTER SERVERS.

i have been waiting in the queue now for half hour... im at 8251 in the queue. of 11570.

3000 players have joined the queue since i tried to make my new Romulan character. i havent moved up the queue.

if this was banking you would lose costumers.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dude ... be cool.

I was 755 of 6300+ last night. It took 15 minutes and then I got my turn.

Patience is a virtue.

:)

Yep. (and I'm an LTS here) - I was 1897 of 20,986 last night, and it took maybe 5 minutes to rise to the top, got in, added new traits and did the Romulan Rep T5 workaround to unlock Remans, got disconnected - was back in a queue at 980 of 18,688, got back in after about 3 minutes - and played on that character for the next few hours (there was a fair amount of lag here and there, but didn't get disconnected again.

The expansion just launched less then 24 hours ago, and I have yet to play an MMO that doesn't/hasn't experienced various issues when they finally put an expansion Live (anyone with a few years in EQ, WoW, EVE Online, etc.) can tell you that first hand, INCLUDING stories of long log in queues. Hell, before people saw what a TRIBBLE job EA/BioWare with SWTOR - that game had major login queues; and from what I read still has major issues every time they do even a minor update.

In a week or so, after the major issues have been corrected or triaged; this will just become another, fairly average MMO Expansion launch story that someone will trot out when their other favorite MMO releases a major expansion and it has issues. Welcome to the world of MMOs.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    leonthestrongleonthestrong Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    okay took 5 mins to login change my toon 30 mins passed then It froze now I think I am looking an an hour til I can play just because of the queue and cant just change toons
  • Options
    generaljestergeneraljester Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was in game and was server booted i am now and i am now as a result in queue position 6336 of 11358
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    whoami2 wrote: »
    this is not good waiting 1 hr to play a game or more

People have been waiting a day just to log in...food for thought :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    highteehightee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh queue may be working again lol. just moved down 300 positions, that or 300 ppl gave up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    philfixitphilfixit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well crptic i came home i load up and well guess what . im 10000 in the que. when do you guys get anythign right. I suppose that your going to make room be baning people that are upset with you.

congratualatiosn for amkeing a gaem last week that was nearly working to one that aint even loading.

top marks 10 out of 10.

lord monty

can i have my zen bck that you have in the game and put it in my accoutn as money please.