test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

***The Official Login Queue Thread!*** (Threads about queues will be moved here)

Comments

• Options
    petar1uth1matarpetar1uth1matar Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    What is the point of playing a FTP game if I can't "Actually" play the game? I would rather pay for a game I can actually log on to.

That and lots of hating for cheep owners !
  • Options
    graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    There is no false advertising. Golds get queue preference over Silvers, but they still queue with Golds. That means if you log into the game and there are 6,000 Silvers trying to get in you skip all of them and queue with however many Golds are waiting ahead of you.

There's a third level too, I'm pretty sure, with 'established' silvers getting preference over new players, or something. As a lapsed gold I've been getting dumped towards the back of the queue, but a bit ahead of the back. sometimes by as much as 3000.

The 'gold preference' thing is actually kind of a problem, because it can in theory lead to only golds advancing through the queue, with the silvers being backed up. If I'm right about my 'third level', it's even MORE likely that New Players (the ones least likely to persevere through long queues) are getting stuck unable to get in because of people cutting in front of them.

The real big problem with the queue system though is that switching characters without logging out puts you back in the queue, which is just dumb.
  • Options
    asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is my theory on the login queue... just sit back, relax... knock back a cold one and just chill... like "Shran on Andoria covered in ice cubes laying on the iceberg that hit the Titanic" chill.
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • Options
    displayname707displayname707 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems I cant play today atall.. Tried to log in 1 minute ago, position in queue is 4115 out of 4118... :( Getting worse by the hour.
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    macksynth wrote: »
    While many of you are in here to fill some part of your day with delight at someone else's disappointment, here is yet another for you to get your fill on.

Currently I am in the queue once again after the program crashed and being booted off for going to DS9. During this time I have seen the message "Your program must be verified", then send me back to the launch program and put me in the queue again.

Actually would like an answer and not some lame attempt to be sarcastic.
    See, this is a legitimate question. I haven't seen anyone else post about that one, though. I'd suspect one of your files is corrupted, and it may require wiping the game and re-downloading to fix. :(
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
  • Options
    milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sirokk wrote: »
    That's a sober perspective on things! Thank you.

People... you expected this! Or at least should have. Every season, this happens - a big surge of players hitting the servers to experience the big new thing and then in a day or so it levels out.

It doesn't matter who paid what, it's just too many players at one time hitting the servers.

Sit back, relax, go watch some Star Trek and come back in a day or so.

Sadly I cant come back in a day or so. Tomorrow I have to go pick up a part that comes in and then spend all day installing it. Then friday I have work the next time I will be able to play would be monday maybe tuesday if I am lucky. If I get the car running tomorrow I will have to setup with my neighbor to bring the old car home which would be monday or tuesday so in any case I have a busy schedule so if I cant play it doesnt matter to me I have more important things to do. But what this does do is it makes me reluctant to spend more cash in game. I was thinking of buying more ship slots for instance and just sit on them with the hopes that we will see more ships coming out. But as of now with their lack of expanding the server capacity when they hyped this up for months it tells me that they are not spending the money that they make wisely. They are pocketing 90% of it and using 10% of it to fund the devs to make the content and then they tweak what they have and try to keep it from failing. They've always done this, they claim they solve the server issue but its still crashing and their hardware fixes were apparently not done in my opinion or they have a chimp working on it that dont know what their doing.

Sure I've been in this game for over a year now and have been a gold member before as well. This game in that year has always had its share of crashes and server not responding issues. They always say they fixed it but it still happens because their fix is to make you wait and when the demand drops you think its fixed but the demand drops below the threshold till the next time then the problems arises again.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    See, this is a legitimate question. I haven't seen anyone else post about that one, though. I'd suspect one of your files is corrupted, and it may require wiping the game and re-downloading to fix. :(
    Or you can simply do a Forced Verify from the Launcher. That will go through your files and check for problems. It's an easier first step then delete and redownload.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dixonium wrote: »
    You are one of a great many people eager to play.

Exactly.

I don't understand why so many people seem to be confused by this. There is a boatload of new content, a whole new faction, UI changes, Cryptic/PWE has advertised all over the place AND there's the new movie out (Which likely boosted interest in Trek and got more people to try the game out since it's F2P).

There's a line to get in. It happens.

Be glad. It means the game is currently REALLY popular.

Seems I cant play today atall.. Tried to log in 1 minute ago, position in queue is 4115 out of 4118... :( Getting worse by the hour.

What's it at right now? Because when I lined up two minutes ago I was in the 4k range too and now I'm under 3300.

THe line is moving, be patient.
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you went gold for a month, you'd go straight to the front of the queue. If getting into the game is that important to you, subscribe for a month for $15 until things settle, and then go back to Silver. You'd get into the game fast and 400 Zen to boot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    risenxeon wrote: »
    I understand what you are saying that most MMO's have limitations to logging on, but what I am saying is that they shouldn't do queues like this. It is just killing their player base and to fix your little comment about the MMO's, WoW does not have log in queues at all when new releases come out. Granted, it is not Free to Play but Blizz makes this company look like ants in the long run.
    Whoa, full-stop. I have to call BS here.

Maybe you're on a low-pop server, but Stormrage-US usually does have queues when big content patches happen. I sat in queue for 2 hours when the 5.2 Thunder King patch went live. And don't even ask about the Mists of Pandaria launch itself.
    ____
  • Options
    vaibivaibi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they should have thought of this issue and laid on some more capacity it seems odd with a new content they didn't anticipate there being increased demand and therefore increase the amount of hardware to suit after all if this was a shop and you had to queue that long I'd be pissed off by the time i got to the front of it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Or you can simply do a Forced Verify from the Launcher. That will go through your files and check for problems. It's an easier first step then delete and redownload.
    Ah! I wasn't aware of that one. Good call. :)
    ____
  • Options
    mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    4292 of 4611 :o But, I'm glad that there are more players! :D I just have to watch some por-... documentaries to kill the time.
  • Options
    sephirothkirksephirothkirk Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game is only going to be playable to us freebies by June 21st, when the Lifetime Subscription sale is over. Mark my words lol.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vaibi wrote: »
    Maybe they should have thought of this issue and laid on some more capacity it seems odd with a new content they didn't anticipate there being increased demand and therefore increase the amount of hardware to suit after all if this was a shop and you had to queue that long I'd be pissed off by the time i got to the front of it.

They actually DID boost capacity. but it's difficult to properly estimate new content influx on a Free to Play game where anyone can just say, "Hey I'll give this a try today." DL the game and log-in.

With the influx of new players and the Queuing issues Cryptic will have data to take to PWE and say "Look guys the game is REALLY popular right now, micro-transactions are way up, we need some more equipment to get more people on in a timely fashion."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As others have (repeatedly) pointed out, what do you do with those servers once the demand drops back down to normal? They wind up being dead weight, and there won't be enough player-retention to cover that cost (especially on a F2P game).
    ____
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    mn03 wrote: »
    4292 of 4611 :o But, I'm glad that there are more players! :D I just have to watch some por-... documentaries to kill the time.

I was correcting my probe's minmus mapping orbit, but I just finished that and it now needs to run for 3.5 hours in the background with no interaction.

I'm at 453 of 4914.

What bothers me is that it's climbing again, fast. When I first logged in a few hours ago it was about 1k. When I switched characters the first time, it was still 1k. Then it was over 3k. Now it's over 4k and nearly to 5k.

If it keeps going up at this rate it's going to be over 10k again real fast, which makes me afraid the server broke again...
  • Options
    cag8477cag8477 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup

Im stuck at 3579 out of 4*** odd people in the queue...

JOY,,, i know this is a big thing but SERIOUSLY -- 4000 people waiting to play. JOKE!!!!:mad:
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dan did post about hardware upgrades a week or so ago. The problem with FTP games is that you never know if 100,00 new people will show up or 1,000,000. Servers aren't cheap so you don't want to over-buy if you can help it - especially when most launches involve a lot of people leaving the game around 45 days later. That's why all new games go from too full to normal in 2 months.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    glendora1glendora1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bull ; I'm never gonna pay good money to play a game I need to wait 30 mins to log-in to play. Star-trek is a good game but no game is that good!
  • Options
    desertjetsdesertjets Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really, I don't understand all this whining and complaining and primadonnaism. I got on yesterday evening to finish patching (took about 20 minutes), set up my new Rom character and went to log-in. At about 9pm MDT it took me roughly 30 minutes in queue to get in. And you know what it wasn't the end of the world. I was able to empty and load the dishwasher, clean some pots that had been sitting in the sink since Saturday. When I finally got in I got to experience some really cool new content and didn't suffer any lag or gameplay issues at all.

Now it would have been nice to get in right away of course, but I do understand that everyone else wants to get in and play right away too. I just think some of the complainers have no perspective and a horrible sense of entitlement. I'd like to think they are all a bunch of bratty teenagers, but I know better that many of these folks are full-grown adults acting this way.
  • Options
    cag8477cag8477 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last time I saw this is when the Winter wonderland was launched again,,, no where near as bad as this time ( aprox queue of 300 people -- 4000 this time. )
  • Options
    atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't even log into the game. It either crashes after I press launch or the game client times out when I type in my login information.

Be grateful you can log in, some of us still can't even do that.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    As others have (repeatedly) pointed out, what do you do with those servers once the demand drops back down to normal? They wind up being dead weight, and there won't be enough player-retention to cover that cost (especially on a F2P game).

Problem there is that the ones getting the most shafted by the queues so far as I can tell are...new players.

The ones least likely to stick around if they end up spending lots of time having trouble patching, or logging in, or stuck in a queue. They've got little to nothing invested, and there's very little stopping them from leaving if they get too frustrated.

So yes, the fact that there's a queue is almost certainly going to cost Cryptic money in the form of new players that quit in frustration with it before they're hardly even started playing.

Granted they probably already lost most of them with the disastrous launch yesterday...
  • Options
    emnickemnick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    risenxeon wrote: »
    Don't you think its a little unfair to the F2P players that want to play but membership players have log in priority over us?

No. That's ridiculous. It is already fair. You can spend the same $300 I spent and you will get precisely what I got. No more, no less. If you spent the same amount as me and got less, or more, then it would be unfair. We would not be being treated equally.

In this case, we care being treated quite equally. No one is getting any unfair advantage because no one is prohibited from being a Lifetime member. But they have to pay, just like the rest of us did. Specifically because that's the only way to be fair.

Fairness doesn't mean equal rewards, it means equal opportunities. Everyone here has the same opportunity to purchase a membership. And no "But I don't want to pay for it" doesn't make it unfair. It makes it a choice. Get the membership, and get the rewards -or- Don't get the membership, and don't get the rewards.

Like it or not, it is fair.
  • Options
    generalrhinoxgeneralrhinox Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I was excited to try this game again. I got up did stuff around the house. About 8:30 this morning I go to log on. I was in the queue at rank 4930 out of 5326. So I said "Okay, let's go do something, I'll come back and we'll be good to go." So I go to the store, get some groceries, here I am an hour later and the queue is still going and my place is now "6,761 out of 9, 983." Looks like this game is going towards unplayable if you don't have a gold subscription.

Was looking forward to playing the new expansion pack, sadness. :(
  • Options
    istianisistianis Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Exactly.

I don't understand why so many people seem to be confused by this. There is a boatload of new content, a whole new faction, UI changes, Cryptic/PWE has advertised all over the place AND there's the new movie out (Which likely boosted interest in Trek and got more people to try the game out since it's F2P).

There's a line to get in. It happens.

Be glad. It means the game is currently REALLY popular.

The more reason for them to increase the ammount of players and thus hardware to attract more staying customers. Right now all these new comers see a queue and sod it.

Besides these queues are also affecting their loyal customers.........
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    emnick wrote: »
    No. That's ridiculous. It is already fair. You can spend the same $300 I spent and you will get precisely what I got. No more, no less. If you spent the same amount as me and got less, or more, than would be unfair. We would not be being treated equally.

In this case, we care being treated quite equally. No one is getting any unfair advantage because no one is prohibited from being a Lifetime member. But they have to pay, just like the rest of us did. Specifically because that's the only way to be fair.

Fairness doesn't mean equal rewards, it means equal opportunities. Everyone here has the same opportunity to purchase a membership. And no "But I don't want to pay for it" doesn't make it unfair. It makes it a choice. Get the membership, and get the rewards -or- Don't get the membership, and don't get the rewards.

Like it or not, it is fair.
    So I was excited to try this game again. I got up did stuff around the house. About 8:30 this morning I go to log on. I was in the queue at rank 4930 out of 5326. So I said "Okay, let's go do something, I'll come back and we'll be good to go." So I go to the store, get some groceries, here I am an hour later and the queue is still going and my place is now "6,761 out of 9, 983." Looks like this game is going towards unplayable if you don't have a gold subscription.

Was looking forward to playing the new expansion pack, sadness. :(

Fair isn't going to convince new players to stick around when they can't log in.
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have Gold at the moment and unfortunately I don't get moved to the front of the queue. I wouldn't expect to in all honesty, but it would be nice. :D
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    admiralsvakadmiralsvak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Listen to me Cryptic!, you better do something about this or else your going to get a lirpa up the black hole!:mad::mad::mad: