What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck character: server not responding on loading screen [NOW RESOLVED!]

Comments

• Options
    xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, I can now get past the character screen to wait for my queue. But after that I have gotten 2 15 minute and counting "server not responding" trying to load the map for my characters last location??? I had to manually exit the game to get out. I have tried system reboot, normal login, safe login, and I don't know what else to do. I now wish I hadn't DONATED my money to Cryptic, thought I was purchasing something???? Either way, cryptic needs a serious server overhaul, or maybe add more servers? Anyway, did not intend to complain, I am just EXTREMELY ANNOYED!!!
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If have been having problems before the patch, then you may have an issue outside of Cryptic's control. Many issues are a result of non-Cryptic assets (ISPs, etc). Read this thread to diagnose the problem: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

Another thing you could try is to reset EVERYTHING!
    Turn off your computer.
    Turn off your router.
    Unplug your modem.
    Reverse process.

This can sometimes fix log-in issues. I had a ping of 850ms last week and a simple reset of the modem knocked it back down to 65ms.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited May 2013
    Yep, same here on my main character, rest are all fine, but logged him off in Sol yesterday prior to downtime and haven't been able to get past Server not responding ever since that :(
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If have been having problems before the patch, then you may have an issue outside of Cryptic's control. Many issues are a result of non-Cryptic assets (ISPs, etc). Read this thread to diagnose the problem: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

Turn off your computer.
    Turn off your router.
    Unplug your modem.
    Reverse process.

This can sometimes fix log-in issues. I had a ping of 850ms last week and a simple reset of the modem knocked it back down to 65ms.

Stop blaming always the users. The issue wasn't there before the launch of LoR, or at least not in such extend. That issue, that the main, Fed character, got stuck in Server Not Responding while transfering maps was already there on the tribble server, this when the rest, Romulan or KDF side wasn't affected. Same happens now on the Holodeck. I need to have my main character out of this dreadful Server Not Responding void, coz it's holding all my dilithium, EC's, weapons that I have saved up for the LoR launch. :mad:
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    xraytecxraytec Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Turn off your computer.
    Turn off your router.
    Unplug your modem.
    Reverse process.

Thanks, but I tried clearing my modem yesterday with no results. And I have had the server issues even before the release. And have also tried everything tech support has suggested. Ironicly, out of the few MMOs I play the only consistent server issues are with Cryptic Games. Because I also had similar issues with neverwinter. If I wasn't such a big fan of Star Trek I would probably leave this game also.
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    Stop blaming always the users. The issue wasn't there before the launch of LoR, or at least not in such extend. That issue, that the main, Fed character, got stuck in Server Not Responding while transfering maps was already there on the tribble server, this when the rest, Romulan or KDF side wasn't affected. Same happens now on the Holodeck. I need to have my main character out of this dreadful Server Not Responding void, coz it's holding all my dilithium, EC's, weapons that I have saved up for the LoR launch. :mad:
    Well, considering most of the people I talk to have gotten on and played a significant amount (even enough to get one of the Lockbox ships), then the problem is not universal.

But if you don't want my help, that's fine. I can log on and play while you refuse to take simple debugging steps to see if we can localize the problem.

Good luck.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited May 2013
    It's possible that something in your character file, on cryptic's server, is corrupted. I have the same issue with one of my new Romulans. It persists even after I copied that character over to tribble.
  • Options
    locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have tried all those steps repeatedly and have never been able to get to 98%. last night it was working somewhat ok but when i tried to leave nimbus III it got to 97.68 and then just stopped. why are the map transitions soo slow?
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    getting this problem a lot today regardless of which character i'm on. most times it happens while changing maps or changing characters.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Good luck.[/QUOTE]
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    getting this problem a lot today regardless of which character i'm on. most times it happens while changing maps or changing characters.
    it was always bad in the sol system and ds9 but this makes the loading lag there seem fast.
  • Options
    thomas28ththomas28th Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try playing during off peak hours.

I waited until 3am est and everything went smoothly. I had no lag, no rubber-banding, no queues, Switching character was a breeze, no map error. I enjoyed playing until 10:01 am when the user crush got too large and it started affecting server performance.

Theres two issues: Some people are just experiencing extreme lag on map transfers.

Others, like myself, are completely cut off from using certain characters because they will not load at all. For the second time of day and server load are not part of the equation. Trust me: I've been up all night and my other characters work just fine. :cool:

Occasionally, the effected character will get the "your last log out was bad, pick an option to login in 'safely' or 'normally'" window. The option selected here does not stop the Server Not Responding message from appearing, or, allow the character to actually log in.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wow im at 97.76 after over 10 min
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    got in finally and went from nimbus thru regulus sector and now stuck transitioning to sirius sector
  • Options
    blurrachiblurrachi Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am beyond annoyed at this point,i wasnt able to get on yesterday,okay but now this morning have the same issue. everytime i log on,im stuck at 94% and then a server not responding pops up and time just runs up to the 1000s,whats up with that.
  • Options
    arrowdasharrowdash Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same "server not responding" issue on my new romulan character. My other characters are able to log in with no difficulty. The problem for me started after I transitioned into sector space last night and was unable to move my ship for several minutes. Logged out and then when I got back in... Never ending server not responding. I had transferred a couple of high cost items on to the character already, so I am hoping that tech support can fix it.
  • Options
    turk911turk911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velldun wrote: »
    Same problem on my main Fed character.

Yesterday, I successfully logged him in when the game re-opened. Git his trait respecs etc etc. Was on ESD. When I went to beam to my ship, got a serve nor responding. That went on for 20 minutes until I closed the game and tried again. Same issue.

Interestingly, my rommie seems to work ok. My other fed toons work fine. Just my main is screwed up.

Same issue here, main Fed toon gets forever SNR trying to load Sol system, but other Fed alts and Rommie work fine.
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    94.06 % complete, server not responding (330.00s) and counting...

Just awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    and im still waiting. 92.56 and stuck
  • Options
    thecegorachthecegorach Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    94.06 % complete, server not responding (330.00s) and counting...

Just awesome.

Happening to my Romulan tac. Get to 94.08%, no further. Have waited 10+ mins. a couple of times. Restarted launcher, force verified, rebooted, wash rinse repeat. Other 12 toons load/play fine.
  • Options
    dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Finally got the thing to run 20 hours after launch. WTF? Now I am 1388 in que out of 1401 people waiting to log in?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I just alt-tab to desktop after sixty seconds, close the client, and restart. Sometimes that works. But zoning into Pi Canis definately appears to be a big No-no right now.

See, this is why I don't like Romulans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    lordrezeonlordrezeon Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've got this happening on one of my klingon characters. I went from Qo'nos space to sector space and it got the server not responding message for over 10 minutes, I had to force the game closed, and now when I try to log back onto that character it won't load the map. My other characters don't seem to be having any problems though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lordrezeon wrote: »
    I've got this happening on one of my klingon characters. I went from Qo'nos space to sector space and it got the server not responding message for over 10 minutes, I had to force the game closed, and now when I try to log back onto that character it won't load the map. My other characters don't seem to be having any problems though.

This sounds a lot like what's going on with my romulan character. I wonder if there is something regarding sector space that is causing problems???
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Sadly I've had the problem on that character since last night, today it still won't load the map when I try to log in on that character.
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, considering most of the people I talk to have gotten on and played a significant amount (even enough to get one of the Lockbox ships), then the problem is not universal.

But if you don't want my help, that's fine. I can log on and play while you refuse to take simple debugging steps to see if we can localize the problem.

Good luck.

Tried what you have proposed, but result remains the same. Telling me that I have to clean out my rig won't help either, coz it's a clean install from yesterday. Furthermore, did a speedtest on my connection and it's happily hitting the 60 mbps. Before you start to shift the fault of a bad working server, servers or game toward the users, think twice. Some might have a degree in IT, are certified Cisco holders or are breathing computers, servers, networks already hole their existences. The fault is clearly with Cryptic, a fault that clearly was there by the launch of Season 7. Under capacity of theirt own system, bad coding and so on. Same issue popped up with the launch of the Temporal Ambassador event. Once more and again with the roll out of Neverwinter Night Online Open Beta. As I have already mentioned, the Server Not Responding jam was already presistent on the tribble server, yet they fail to fix it before they rolled out this massive expansion. Getting the point ??? Cryptic has yet failed to see that their equipment is not up to such : a. mass of users together online. b. to hold 2 different games at least on one server. You should expect that they would have learned from previous events that massive updates, changes are leading to massive frustrations. Yet they failed once more to prevent, predict, counteract before it happens.

The solution is pretty simple : I want access to my main character, right here, right now. Every other excuse is an insult.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    zona75zona75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have this problem too. But only with 1 character which happens to be the 1 that I use the most. My other characters all log in without issue.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I was unaware that the server not responding issue was occurring on tribble as well. Were they able to get characters unstuck for users?

I'm starting to get a bit nervous regarding this. I put in a support ticket last night and got a canned response back. I'd feel a lot better if a dev would address the issue here so I would know if I have a shot at getting my character unstuck.
  • Options
    zona75zona75 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh and the fun part is that while I'm stuck on the loading screen I can hear people sending me messages. fun times.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well, it's not Pi Canis as I thought. I logged and zoned others characters into it with no appreciable problems. It's just the one (so far) that got lost in space between zones.

Still want it back, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh, they added the issue to the header on this part of the forum, so hopefully they can get it resolved soon.
This discussion has been closed.