test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    karcorner wrote: »
    I play WOW, WOT, SWTOR, Rft, GW2, LOTRO All of them are functional on patch day or even expansion day. They usually have hiccups but I was able to log in and play. This is now a non functioning game. Not slow downs, not lag, simply not working at all.
    Big difference!
    I used to play WoW. It was never functional on expansion day. When WotLK dropped, the servers were offline for over a week!

And this game is, at least generally, functional on patch day as well. So your selective memory serves you ill.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • cronis10000cronis10000 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the **** cant get there stuff in order. its always like this with cryptic.
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    seems they have turned tribble off now to try and sort holodeck out ? , I could login to tribble but now it says it is offline . no STO for me tonight then lol
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • feyllfeyll Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Then we can write those sites off as useless.
    Critics breed growth, apologists (fanboys) breed stagnation.
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this must had been who trained cryptics engineers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okrK3a2GFPA
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hatepwe wrote: »
    Man, definitely frustrating. The game has, essentially, been unplayable for about 12 hours now for me between this and maintenance.

I thought PWE was investing money in servers for Cryptic?

It's frustrating because very similar problems occur with nearly every major Cryptic launch/update to STO/NW and yet they seem to all have mysterious and new or unavoidable reasons for occurring. Otherwise I would hope a plan and solution would already be on hand for when this happens...

So, I bought a Legacy Pack yesterday and my lifetime sub back before the game launched. So not only do I not have access to the game 5+ hours after maintenance was supposed to be done but my slot for actually creating a character isn't even being rewarded to me as a Gold member when people that haven't supported the game nearly as much as I have (if at all) are getting their slots.

I'm just always confused at how horribly wrong things can go when their code makes the transition from Tribble to Holodeck...

I'm sure Cryptic folks are annoyed and running around trying to fix this but at the end of the day they're getting paid to fix it, we're paying to put up with it.

If I hadn't JUST put up with an all day outage of another game from Cryptic I paid money toward *cough*NEVERWINTER*cough* I might be a little more forgiving...

easy fix, stop paying them until they render a level of service you feel adequate.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    Well my new Reman Sci girl made it to LvL 15 before being DC'd - can't get back in now - oh well good start - come back tomorrow see if things are better - night all.
  • alacrityfalacrityf Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stoneloki wrote: »
    I was one of the first people that posted in this thread, I also posted back on page 50 somewhere, after multiple login attempts I was able to get on, been on for about 45 minutes but the servers are very slow, the game runs smooth besides waiting for level and loot to finaly pop, something is wrong on the inside as well, bet there will be a patch tonight or in the early hours of the morning.

Interesting. Sounds like a back-end database problem, then. Nasty. Anyone remember the launch of Star Wars Galaxies?
  • graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It happens with every game's launch or expansion... It may as well be on the cover of DUH! Magazine.

But with all the entitled whining newbies crying around here, you'd think it was just Cryptic out to GET them! PERSONALLY!

The fact that everyone screws up the same way makes it acceptable...why?

And actually, everyone doesn't. Most of the time it's actually possible to PLAY. It took me about 7 hours to patch because of the download speed issue, and I've now been trying to log in for two and a half.

This is beyond 'Grossly unprepared' and right into 'grossly incompetent', quite frankly, and they'll be lucky to maintain Pre-LOR Numbers Long Term.

Because lord knows, anyone that wasn't really playing this before has probably lost most/all of their enthusiasm for it by now.
  • unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    155... or so... we're near the 200 pages but not near to play...:D
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains!

We're testing a fix for the login errors you've been seeing. Once it passes testing, we'll update you with more information.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

sooner the better ;)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got in and made a liberated romulan yahhhhhhh
  • alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    So your selective memory serves you ill.

My high school teachers used to same the same thing to me :(
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains!

We're testing a fix for the login errors you've been seeing. Once it passes testing, we'll update you with more information.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

If you have an agony booth at the office... it's time to step in it.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good News:
    Hi Captains!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • smtjtsmtjt Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cryptic I can not log in
  • finiesfinies Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sounds like another normal release to me
  • bok249bok249 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I finally got in, but the character creation process is super screwed up right now. All the text boxes that decribe whatever it is your selecting are all misshaped, causing the text to not appear. So I have no idea what I'm selecting except for things that have a picture. And even worse, it continuously roles me as Science despite me specifically selecting Eng. I load into the game, check my profile and it says Sci so I delete the character and try again. After 3 seperate creations of my Romulan, everyone of them ended up being Sci, despite me clicking on a class other than Sci...
  • soundwisdomsoundwisdom Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    I used to play WoW. It was never functional on expansion day. When WotLK dropped, the servers were offline for over a week!

And this game is, at least generally, functional on patch day as well. So your selective memory serves you ill.

Umm.... WOTLK was workable day one. The servers dropped for 2 hours of an unplayable state; after that login queues were high but you would still get in and be able to play.

Good try though.
  • unkoalaunkoala Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are we there yet?
  • tbarlowtbarlow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for the update Brandon I know U Guys are working as quick as U can thanks again look forward to getting on :)
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i think its back now, in space sector for 4 minutes and still no disconnect, hopefully

Hah no. Still unable to retrieve list of characters/login failed for unknown reasons.
  • jackokasonjackokason Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    or wait for tribble to come back up. I gotta say the klingon stuff is pretty intense for new characters.

so close. made it to where I could log into my fed character to update some stuff and then i got kicked out.
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
    United Federation of Planets
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So Brandon... how's your day been?

What a job. If ever there was a man who the words "don't shoot the messenger" applied to, it's you.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thay8472 wrote: »
    If you have an agony booth at the office... it's time to step in it.

They do. It's called "The PC that's logged into the forums" and he just stepped into it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • usmcvenganceusmcvengance Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess we should have expected this, given past experience with STO's patches. Has anyone seen an estimate as to when they expect to resolve the issue?
  • graptorgraptor Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    finies wrote: »
    sounds like another normal release to me

To my mind the fact that it's 'normal' makes it MORE unacceptable, not less.

The only reason it's 'normal' is that people allow themselves to be placated and put up with it.
  • baktokkurbaktokkur Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I give up... this is garbage as usual from Cryptic. They took away my fleet marks farming on Nukara, and now this. Hopefully the situation will be resolved soon.
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep checking:
    Hi Captains!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
This discussion has been closed.