test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix what?

This is about capacity nothing else.

Fix is going to be less people online... and on that note you should all be spending this time to continue to log on so the people on the server will have the worst time possible and leave the game so we can play :cool:
  • demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, Im back.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reichiroo wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me. Furthest I've gotten. I might just go play something else until later tonight.

I had no problems and got to level 10... certainly not an EC seller lol.
  • ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to load my main char just in time to refine my daily quota :):). However made the mistake to try to load the alternate chars and kicked me out.

Anyway at least got some coins out so its not a complete waste
  • cybermortiscybermortis Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last week I ended up reviewing Star Trek online, ending by saying that the game suffered from technical problems it still was worth checking out.

Currently debating changing the review.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    The highly-anticipated Legacy of Romulus expansion launched. Suddenly everyone wanted to log in at once, and effectively executed a DDoS attack on the login server. How terribly surprising. No wonder everyone is up in arms at such an unanticipated event.

You realize, of course, that within the next 24-48 hours, the login rush will return to something approaching normal, logins will proceed as they always have, and any hardware modifications to accommodate this brief rush would become a waste of precious financial resources. Getting all upset about it is pointless.

Maybe give CO a try? If nothing else, perhaps we can get a big enough playerbase to get some love from the Overlords, the way STO has...

yea but there is a teeny tiny little secret to to actually increasing market share instead of remaining static after a big marketing push that pulls in new potential customers.
  • rarmstormrarmstorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good, news, Tribble is working faster than ever :D

A suggestion to the competent engineer working on that probnlem: migrate all character on tribble and make holo the test server :cool:

:rolleyes:
  • sagencesagence Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else think that they should just restart the whole server?
  • prefect007prefect007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well for what its worth... I know the after the login fails the game client continues to use about 20% of my proccessors. thats abnormal... must be some sort of looped process or unresolvable argument in the code. oops... *LOL*
  • crimsonmagnuscrimsonmagnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The highly-anticipated Legacy of Romulus expansion launched. Suddenly everyone wanted to log in at once, and effectively executed a DDoS attack on the login server. How terribly surprising. No wonder everyone is up in arms at such an unanticipated event.

You realize, of course, that within the next 24-48 hours, the login rush will return to something approaching normal, logins will proceed as they always have, and any hardware modifications to accommodate this brief rush would become a waste of precious financial resources. Getting all upset about it is pointless.

Maybe give CO a try? If nothing else, perhaps we can get a big enough playerbase to get some love from the Overlords, the way STO has...

I remember CO fondly. I should go see how my old main The Linebacker is holding up.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    Loving it so far(minus the Lag - but that's to be expected)

One thing I love is that after combat you drop red alert after like 3 seconds - that is awesome compared to the 10 seconds - or forever it was before.

Great work - can't wait to see more.
  • ssgtgumby#3483 ssgtgumby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My god can't even login in....you people ask for **** loads of money...hype up this huge update and on launch day a massive TRIBBLE up....CRAPtic....bunch of ****ing idiots.
  • mrlongfellowmrlongfellow Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got logged in, past the Retrieving List of Characters, got to my characters, only my Fed would load, and then as it went to load the last map I was on last night (Deep Space Nine, I believe), it kicked me back out and now I can't get back to the character select screen.

Currency smurrency, lifetime and gold members can't get in.
    tumblr_mgsb18cOD71qklviqo1_500.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You realize, of course, that within the next 24-48 hours, the login rush will return to something approaching normal,

AKA people give up in disgust.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • abradaxabradax Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep.

Same.

Interestingly I got a login error in Neverwinter too. I wonder if it is a global authentication issue?
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit
  • kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game is working now every one :)
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time to reload the BACKUP copy! and try the launch tomorrow, when you got.
    1. Bigger FASTER servers.
    2. Fixed what ever coding that was messed up!
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The login server is not the problem, it's getting your characters to the game server.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't log in and I have tried 8 times. It gets stuck trying to load characters. What fun!
  • ronintenguronintengu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    caldannach wrote: »
    After waiting more than 2 months with barely contained excitement, imagine my disappointment when nearly everything i try and do on LoR has at least a 1 minute delay. It keeps getting worse too. Now after relogging to see if that helps, i cant even log back in. I keep getting the same error as the other people.

Seriously, i am not going to start raging, but really you could have made sure you boosted the servers too compensate, even if that meant having some surplus in there somewhere. I know you have profit margins but this is so disappointing. SO sad now. :(

I just want to play it as it should be. Please fix, if you have to take the server down then get on with it! :)

Unfortunately, just throwing a few additional servers wouldn't cut it. Most likely cause more problems trying to get them integrated with the existing cluster then just trying to deal with the usual launch issues. The only way to stop these problems from happening would be to duplicate the existing cluster and switch to it at launch.

The down side of this would be double the cost of the server equipment, half of which you wouldn't be using except for the next version launch. No company will ever sink that much money into additional computer equipment that would only get used once or twice a year (expect maybe for Google). The cost of their existing cluster could probably buy my house 5 or 6 times over.

Like everything else, this will get fixed. It isn't going anywhere. One more day isn't going to kill you.
  • xxbrentisbeastxxxxbrentisbeastxx Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a race against the pages folks! Will cryptic/pwe resolve the unknown reason before this thread hits 200 pages? Or will they not make it in time. Lets tune in and see. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the problem will be fixed before we hit 200 pages

Lets keep an eye out and see
    "Saddle up. Lock and load." - Data

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    psymantis wrote: »
    It's not healing but instant resurrections that are a premium feature. Free for subscribers and an extra option as you can resurrect as normal at the last checkpoint, same as with STO. Try it for yourself and ignore the haters.

Whew. That was the second time I heard that. It seemed to be a what madness is this type of thing.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • gatsie7gatsie7 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So glad I didn't fall for the New Romulan Packs. For PWE has shown us time and time again that they care only about money and profit TRIBBLE being able to log into the game just buy our **** and F--- off. We will tell you it is all good and you will not disagree cause we never lie. The servers are fine it must be on your end call your internet provider. LOL'n all the way to the bank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the game is working now every one :)
    If it was working you'd not be posting here! Aha! Got you there! :D
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    Fix what?

Fix is going to be less people online... and on that note you should all be spending this time to continue to log on so the people on the server will have the worst time possible and leave the game so we can play :cool:

lmfao ... hehe
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vestereng wrote: »
    Fix what?

Damn you man. This is exactly what has just happened to me. I was playing happily when my game got stuck at a loading screen and I had to force the system to close.

Try to log back in - BOOM. Login Failed.

The unwashed masses are clogging the tubes. Back! Back I say! We must hold the line against the vile peasants!
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well.. I made it all teh way... sorted out all 20 completted doff missions, eventually... some seemed to take a while top collect stuffs... Then got to setting teh 15th one going again and.. boom... back to square one... :p
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a race against the pages folks! Will cryptic/pwe resolve the unknown reason before this thread hits 200 pages? Or will they not make it in time. Lets tune in and see. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the problem will be fixed before we hit 200 pages

Lets keep an eye out and see

Ahhhhhh my eyes are bleeding KHAAAAaaaaannnn
  • travisphoenixtravisphoenix Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ack. I get an unknown error when I try to retrieve my characters ><
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Likewise or failed to log in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers