test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    inertialdampersinertialdampers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Boldy going... nowhere.

I'm in UK so my next destination is Bed at warp 2. Perhaps by the time I get back from work tomorrow O'Brien will have chased the Cardassian voles out of this update and we can get back to killing each other like the semi-civilised nerds that we are.

By the way Cryptic, if you're looking for head programmers, I'm a whizz at debugging and have industry-recognised qualifications in Monkey Wrangling :D
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not to go off topic but ... has anyone seen my Gamma Quadrant tribble anywhere ? .. I had it when that Klingon General walked in .... :eek:
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,403 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The highly-anticipated Legacy of Romulus expansion launched. Suddenly everyone wanted to log in at once, and effectively executed a DDoS attack on the login server. How terribly surprising. No wonder everyone is up in arms at such an unanticipated event.

You realize, of course, that within the next 24-48 hours, the login rush will return to something approaching normal, logins will proceed as they always have, and any hardware modifications to accommodate this brief rush would become a waste of precious financial resources. Getting all upset about it is pointless.

Maybe give CO a try? If nothing else, perhaps we can get a big enough playerbase to get some love from the Overlords, the way STO has...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    lignum87lignum87 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bet we make 2000 before they fix anything.

I would take that bet, but by doing so I would be lying and helping to reaching that goal
  • Options
    superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    itsfr0s7y wrote: »
    I like how it says "some players", as though the entire playerbase isn't being totally screwed over by this right now.

Someone posted earlier they saw people running around SF academy as if nothing was wrong. What'cha better they're the "preferred customers" EC sellers :P
  • Options
    reichirooreichiroo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got as far as the retrieving list of maps too a minute ago and then got booted... It's a step in the right direction... Hopefully it's a sign that the issue will be resolved Soon?? :D

Same thing happened to me. Furthest I've gotten. I might just go play something else until later tonight.
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I ma getting this to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There are 27000 people viewing this thread alone right now! This should tell you the number of unhappy people wanting the server taken down and sorted so we can all play like we should have been able to in the first place.

Sad bear. :(
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • Options
    saxfiresaxfire Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm also having this issue
    Say the word, it saves the world.
    CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
    Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aidan2092 wrote: »
    Although I would have choose a better way of updating. With each maintenance I would have thrown in a trickle update with the new content into the game along with the faction and had it disabled. Once the day came and most bug's where worked out a quick maintenance to update said content and to activate it. Would have been a smarter move, than to just throw it all out at once and hope it works.

With the little patch's thrown in they would be able to figure for server stability for added content and such along with unforeseen problems that might occur during launch.

Actually prepatching was available. I know, it started on my computer a couple of times.

And for those of us who tested on Tribble, the patch copied the files from our test server. I only downloaded 500 or so Mb today if that much.

I think this is more the sheer volume of people than the patch itself. Which on the one hand is a feather in their caps for the continued popularity and survival of the game. And a mar on their record for not being able to handle it.

But frankly having so many people the server can't handle it is much preferred to no one showing up at all. Better to be sold out writ digital.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    shredder75shredder75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kandorous wrote: »
    Just shut it down

That's likely the next step for an 8 hour patch. That's usually what happens in MMOs in situations like this. ;)
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whatever the problem is its getting worse, twice i was able to login and get ingame after enough tries. Once i'd get to the character selection screen I was good to go. Now even when I manage to get to character selection and select one i can't into the game.
  • Options
    asardetemplariasardetemplari Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got logged in, past the Retrieving List of Characters, got to my characters, only my Fed would load, and then as it went to load the last map I was on last night (Deep Space Nine, I believe), it kicked me back out and now I can't get back to the character select screen.
    latest?cb=20160406061118&path-prefix=en

Dreadnought class. Two times the size, three times the speed. Advanced weaponry. Modified for a minimal crew. Unlike most Federation vessels, it's built solely for combat.
  • Options
    trc615trc615 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ugh. The same problem for me. WHY did this day have to be a bloody expansion launch day? Why not the 23rd after the Master Keys returned to the original pricing?
  • Options
    psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    captaind3 wrote: »
    What the Hell? Charging for heals? Are you serious?

It's not healing but instant resurrections that are a premium feature. Free for subscribers and an extra option as you can resurrect as normal at the last checkpoint, same as with STO. Try it for yourself and ignore the haters.
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    buddha1369 wrote: »
    I GOT IN!!!!

Managed to fly from DS9 to Quo'nos?, doing around 15 DOFF missions along the way, only to time out trying to enter orbit over Quo'nos?.

And that was it. Exciting.
    we stand humbled in your awesomeness .. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    genluckygenlucky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least some of you are even able to log in.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix what?

This is about capacity nothing else.

Fix is going to be less people online... and on that note you should all be spending this time to continue to log on so the people on the server will have the worst time possible and leave the game so we can play :cool:
  • Options
    demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, Im back.
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reichiroo wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me. Furthest I've gotten. I might just go play something else until later tonight.

I had no problems and got to level 10... certainly not an EC seller lol.
  • Options
    cybermortiscybermortis Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Last week I ended up reviewing Star Trek online, ending by saying that the game suffered from technical problems it still was worth checking out.

Currently debating changing the review.
  • Options
    ravagerborgravagerborg Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was able to load my main char just in time to refine my daily quota :):). However made the mistake to try to load the alternate chars and kicked me out.

Anyway at least got some coins out so its not a complete waste
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »
    The highly-anticipated Legacy of Romulus expansion launched. Suddenly everyone wanted to log in at once, and effectively executed a DDoS attack on the login server. How terribly surprising. No wonder everyone is up in arms at such an unanticipated event.

You realize, of course, that within the next 24-48 hours, the login rush will return to something approaching normal, logins will proceed as they always have, and any hardware modifications to accommodate this brief rush would become a waste of precious financial resources. Getting all upset about it is pointless.

Maybe give CO a try? If nothing else, perhaps we can get a big enough playerbase to get some love from the Overlords, the way STO has...

yea but there is a teeny tiny little secret to to actually increasing market share instead of remaining static after a big marketing push that pulls in new potential customers.
  • Options
    rarmstormrarmstorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good, news, Tribble is working faster than ever :D

A suggestion to the competent engineer working on that probnlem: migrate all character on tribble and make holo the test server :cool:

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    sagencesagence Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else think that they should just restart the whole server?
  • Options
    prefect007prefect007 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well for what its worth... I know the after the login fails the game client continues to use about 20% of my proccessors. thats abnormal... must be some sort of looped process or unresolvable argument in the code. oops... *LOL*
  • Options
    crimsonmagnuscrimsonmagnus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jonsills wrote: »

I remember CO fondly. I should go see how my old main The Linebacker is holding up.
  • Options
    newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited May 2013
    Loving it so far(minus the Lag - but that's to be expected)

One thing I love is that after combat you drop red alert after like 3 seconds - that is awesome compared to the 10 seconds - or forever it was before.

Great work - can't wait to see more.
  • Options
    ssgtgumby#3483 ssgtgumby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My god can't even login in....you people ask for **** loads of money...hype up this huge update and on launch day a massive TRIBBLE up....CRAPtic....bunch of ****ing idiots.
  • Options
    mrlongfellowmrlongfellow Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got logged in, past the Retrieving List of Characters, got to my characters, only my Fed would load, and then as it went to load the last map I was on last night (Deep Space Nine, I believe), it kicked me back out and now I can't get back to the character select screen.

Currency smurrency, lifetime and gold members can't get in.
    tumblr_mgsb18cOD71qklviqo1_500.jpg
This discussion has been closed.