test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    Speaking of, remember that duping issue in STO awhile back? guess what they oopsied into NW. Some peoples kids I tell ya.

now thats comedy right there :)
  • Options
    shredder75shredder75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had a funny feeling that Tribble (nul) I found was bugged and I should have left it alone. Everything was perfectly fine until I petted it.
  • Options
    aidan2092aidan2092 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only have one problem, the new UI is fugly I hate it. I think the one before was way better in terms of just about everything. Even the first UI at launch I thought was a good UI for character select and character creation. I was totally about to throwup when i got to character select and character creation on login for LoR update x.x.

The other issues, its bound to happen its a pretty big update there introducing not only a new faction but also quest along with ships and new npc dialogues for the Romulan/Reman playable faction. It's not just your every day avg content update where they just added a new episode with a giant wave of new quest for the current factions along with new ranks to get.
    Protecting the Federation since February 2010.
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should believe that after the Temporal Ambassador patch, launch of Neverwinter Nights and so on that Cryptic would have learned a valuable lesson. Wrong, coz this donkey is bumping his head twice at the same stone :mad:
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dessniper wrote: »

Close, but those repairs actually did what they set out to do! :D
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And it was going so well too...

But really did ANYONE here expect any better. ;)
  • Options
    theboominatortheboominator Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest though the Character Selection Screen, when I got to it, looked sweeet

Off to bed now, please be fixed for when i wake up
  • Options
    spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Created a new romulan, went through entire creation, then pressed engage and it loaded the map to 42% and then.... waited a long time, and then got in
  • Options
    kepler11kepler11 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My logon fails at retrieving character list...got to the character list once and failed to load, now back to failing at retrieving character list...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    chiefbrexchiefbrex Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm far from being a Cryptic apologist. I'm in the same boat as everyone here, I can't play either and I've made my feelings clear already. My point is that none of us here are unique little snowflakes, this kind of problem has occurred in almost every major online game ever made and will likely continue.

Behaving as if Cryptic are the single worst company in the history of the world is pathetic, unwarranted and childish. Throwing a temper tantrum and threatening to "take my business elsewhere" is idiotic, inane and pointless.

Whilst I would prefer that the money I have spent on STO was at least partially used to ensure server stability, and whilst I will not accept borderline or outright pathetic excuses from ANY company that I spend my money with, I do at least have the ability to retract my head from my TRIBBLE long enough to understand that I understand almost nothing about how these kinds of systems operate.

How many of the "Throw my toys out of my pram" bunch we have here can honestly say they have even the first clue about running, maintaining and updating a system even 10% the size and complexity of Star Trek Online? Not many at all is my estimate, and yet here they are pitching their stuffed ducks and pacifiers every-which-way they can.

To clarify, I played EVE Online for almost 9 years, during which period I encountered some of the worst and wide reaching patch day issues seen in any online game ever made, and yet I stayed with them because I understood that I didn't understand enough to judge.

I'm frustrated like so many of you. I helped beta test the expansion, and I will say, I was frustrated that the Packs were not available, the Lockboxes not available, and they sure as hell didn't stress test the servers with the Open Beta weekend. However, this statement here is probably the calmest one of all. But I have to admit, some of you guys are making some pretty funny posts.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    noshuffle wrote: »
    You should believe that after the Temporal Ambassador patch, launch of Neverwinter Nights and so on that Cryptic would have learned a valuable lesson. Wrong, coz this donkey is bumping his head twice at the same stone :mad:

Neverwinter Nights always makes me think it's some late night Cinemax movie. :D
  • Options
    cronis10000cronis10000 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is there anything you idiots don't TRIBBLE up? Did you hire all the leftover people to do your content. Neverwinter should be called neverplayonweekends and this game should NOT be having issues like this..seriously sad regardless of release of new content or not bull****.
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Sorry but my sides are hurting from laughing. Somehow I'm in no way surprised that this would happen. They didn't plan ahead, they probably didn't expand infrastructure since once the novelty wears off numbers will drop back down again. And here we are, launch day and things are pooched, this company is so wonderfully predictable.

Oh well, Guess I'm playing Spore tonight.

It's also a self fulfilling phrophesy of a sort. Big marketing push for the next new shiney, season, anniversary. Lack of anticipation and poor load balancing = "login issues" Potential market remains untapped as they say phft TRIBBLE this and we return to the prior state of mediocrity. But at least we can log in.
  • Options
    allanastarallanastar Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Test

seeing if this is working.

ty
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,800 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I went over to Champions Online for a baseline comparison.

No problems logging in over there.

So whatever is happening is for STO alone.

1 hour just trying to login the same character once!
    And no success yet......

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    chrondorrchrondorr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've gotten to the character access screen a couple times now. Still can't load maps.

As a network engineer, I can tell you what I see.

The login server is processing your accounts.
    The database is likely under heavy stress (or more likely, they have debugging logs going crazy and freezing it up, common mistake on database servers)
    Your characters DO exist. When you get to the login screen, if you get there, you click on a character and it slowly will load. I see no evidence to suggest anyone's character is lost.
    There are also likely DoS attacks occurring on the game server from an influx of new and current users. You can't all log in at once. Nothing short of the best possible colocation on an Internet backbone could cope with this. The problem will likely resolve itself when they can shrink and dispose of DB logs, regulate the flow of login requests better (I am assuming there is a forced timeout on the client level), and get it all caught up. Probably will take a long time... oh well, off to play some other games.
  • Options
    etg518etg518 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having the same problem, I'm sure they've know about this problem all day. Seeing I'm on the East Coast, and it's 7:30pm that's 4 1/2 hours with this TRIBBLE! Some of us have paid money for this. They need to get their act together THIS IS BULL !!!! :mad:
  • Options
    llywelallywela Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    And it was going so well too...

But really did ANYONE here expect any better. ;)

I expected worse. :P
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    BRANDONNNNN!!! Any updates pwease? Pwetty Pwease? :P
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not unexpected, but I'm hoping this will be fixed soon.

It is however an unfortunate advert for the life time sale. :(
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    razikhiel wrote: »
    I bet none of you will ever be able to read this post of mine, since the whole thread is moving forward so quickly! Warp...15?
    Rawr. :D
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thumpyecho wrote: »
    ....threadnaught in siege mode.....
    Targeting Spinal Word Lance.
    I used to play SW:TOR they still charging for heals? lol
    What the Hell? Charging for heals? Are you serious?
    aidan2092 wrote: »
    I only have one problem, the new UI is fugly I hate it. I think the one before was way better in terms of just about everything. Even the first UI at launch I thought was a good UI for character select and character creation. I was totally about to throwup when i got to character select and character creation on login for LoR update x.x.

The other issues, its bound to happen its a pretty big update there introducing not only a new faction but also quest along with ships and new npc dialogues for the Romulan/Reman playable faction. It's not just your every day avg content update where they just added a new episode with a giant wave of new quest for the current factions along with new ranks to get.

Well I absolutely adore it. And I kind of hated the old one and saw it as a little bland. I do wish you could've kept the one you wanted, and I get the one I wanted, but apparently the architecture of the game couldn't do both simultaneously.

But at the moment if that's the worst of your problems then you're sitting pretty.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ohh almost got in. Was able to select my character but got hung up with a server not responding before loading the first map. Killed it after about 10 mins, oh well lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is cryptic run by Microsoft because they launch everything prematurely:eek: too.
  • Options
    woodyice2470woodyice2470 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Brandon for god sakes give us an update or something as this is driving all of us nuts you must know the reason by now this is one big c*ck up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    velqua wrote: »
    Wow!!! Cool game! I can't wait to try to beat another log in screen. Just wished my friends could play with me on the log in screen before it fails. :P

:eek::eek: tell them to run and buy a faster 'puter ... :D
  • Options
    lignum87lignum87 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To be honest though the Character Selection Screen, when I got to it, looked sweeet

Off to bed now, please be fixed for when i wake up

Yeah I really liked the character selection screen with my away team posing and stuff. Of course then I could get no further.
  • Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neverwinter Nights Always Makes Me Think It's Some Late Night Cinemax Movie. :d

Im In It Works Now Finaly After Hours Of Waiting Im Playing The Game Go Go Go
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    kepler11kepler11 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah the selection screen was sweet...oh well off to SWTOR...
  • Options
    alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I'm off to play Kirby: Air Ride some, be back in an hour or so to see if we reached 2k+ posts here yet :P gl hf whining like little girls! :cool:
This discussion has been closed.