test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    tombmaster123tombmaster123 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got to the character screen, but maps won't load.
  • Options
    nafeasonto1nafeasonto1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tbarlow wrote: »
    I've been reading some of the post in this topic and it really kinda gets me Guys lets give them a break there working as quick as they can to get us into the game I know how much of a pain servers and stuff like this can be since I run my own servers web, email and so on and I too am working on making my own game and I know it takes a lot of work , time and dealing with the public so again lets give them a break they well get it up asap so we can play thanks

tbarlow

I refuse to give a company a break that charges for almost every little thing in the game, and makes butt loads of money off the ZEN store, and still have crappy servers. NO EXCUSE.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well... I'm giving up for awhile...

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Chalk this one up as a fail. Who running things Dstal there was a reason they asked him to leave the company. Ah I believe it was due to a fubar patch last year.

I poor money into this game, and the service I get back is appalling. You have a test server yet you can't even get your game working.

All I have to say is there 300 pink slips in a booklet start issuing them to people.

Lets be fair here. Since when do they listen to tribble users ? Thats one of the main reason noone tests over there. I hate the new "Indie-dev" UI that looks like somones done it in their dinner break. Most of the graphic updates to the UI are absolutely rubbish and the game is still choked up on many windows showing you nothing.

And I still can't use 16X AA in the game without it crashing. DX11 is still "beta" .. there are many things wrong that I don't like but many of the bug reports that were actual errors seem to fall upon deaf ears. At least, thats how it feels most of the time, so I stopped testing almost a year ago and I've heard nothing good about tribble since.

I mean, a "test server" in which you have to pay full price for everything and can't even test lockbox ships / items unless you pull them? Not really a true test server.
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Double dumbass on the unknown problem...
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I get to retrieve characters, and after 30 seconds of that characters shows up. and press my romulan and press play. it says retrieving list of maps...15 seconds later

login failed for unknown reason
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    She probably forgot to load up Hazard Emitters.

Actually I think that would actually require the EV suit.

At least he didn't try the Eject Warp Plasma...you know the one that sticks to you.:rolleyes:
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    vulcanclippervulcanclipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I stayed on for about 5 mins before I got disconnected again, so I am back with you folks:)
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    zopar1zopar1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got as far as my character list and then it bumped me after I selected my character. Ah well, I been wanting to play all day, guess today is not my day.

They'll sort it out.

:o
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been reading some of the post in this topic and it really kinda gets me Guys lets give them a break there working as quick as they can to get us into the game I know how much of a pain servers and stuff like this can be since I run my own servers web, email and so on and I too am working on making my own game and I know it takes a lot of work , time and dealing with the public so again lets give them a break they well get it up asap so we can play thanks

tbarlow

You're right... we should give them a break for not predicting this... because it's never happened in STO before, or any other MMO out there. I mean who could have predicted that Cryptic would have launch problems on launch day?

No one, this is just shocking... SHOCKING I tell you.
  • Options
    klaazklaaz Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's awesome. Just patched LoR try to log in and BAM, "Unknown Error" I have time to play a bit and what happens? Cryptic drops the proverbial ball. Nice one Cryptic.
  • Options
    jackokasonjackokason Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well theory behind this is that more indians than logins. I'm not sure if my last post about doing a force verify will fix it but I think i'll stick with my theory from my pc bugs post.

"He's dead jim. To many logins"
    Michel "Mic" Nardy
    Fleet Admiral
    Task Force Omega
    United Federation of Planets
  • Options
    papabloodpapablood Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Originally Posted by pwebranflakes
    We're continuing to investigate this error -- I've added it to the announcement at the top of the forums, and it's our top priority to fix all of the items on that list ASAP. We have our top engineers on it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    You need to hire Scotty dang it ... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
  • Options
    scotsman22300328scotsman22300328 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    hygtkilo98hygtkilo98 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem
  • Options
    karcornerkarcorner Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if this thread will beat the Neverwinter thread with all their problems.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?162831-Launcher-issues-Read-the-first-post-for-solutions/page248

I wonder with all their problems we are having problems because of them. Too much of a coincidence.

So glad I waited to buy any packs, I would be pissed if I had paid and others could log on, but not me......
  • Options
    sandmahnsandmahn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just another amazing example of microsoft not being the only company to take a working product and TRIBBLE it up beyond all recognition.
  • Options
    alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    starmutt wrote: »
    Well... actually got to the character select screen. Though it took 2 mins for the "team" to load up and the 'PLAY' button to become clickable...click... OOOoooo supprise supprise "Unknown Error".

Could they at least change that to "server overloaded" or "we could not afford another server for this launch"?

Yea, I wondering where all the money from the Legacy packs went. I had assumed they would use that money to upgrade as to be prepared for a large influx of users. I actually thought about buying it just so that would happen. Glad I didn't make the mistake of assuming people would have good business sense...
  • Options
    neohunter200neohunter200 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting that same error too.

Oh well. Should have expected that the servers would not be able to cope with the sudden surge in players all logging in at once.

Will try later today.
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

tbarlow

You takes da $ you takes da flak
  • Options
    vixenjalynnvixenjalynn Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep down here as well. We know they are investigating. Hubby is on Battle Star and I am looking to download Neverwinter for the shiggles. When things like this happen I just wait to see how many pages acrue, how mature the gamebase is and then scroll through for the fun and count the idiots(refuse to call them trolls) the jerks and the hypocrits.

"A clean house is a sign of a down server or some other error" That is all people. FB here I come!!! LOL

By the way, did anyone realize if you update a server and not the account server, the servers speak two different languages, like japanese and arabic. Time for the support crew to install the virtual universal code translator for updates to automatically read the prior codes like the windows fix it had to do for the millenium mess. LOL LOOLOLOLOLOL
  • Options
    nailer1985nailer1985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alacrityf wrote: »
    Got an update? It's been over an hour since the problem was first reported.

They've got top men working on it right now.

TOP. Men.
  • Options
    martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I wanna do is sort out my doffs, and my rep and then go to bed... :p

Where's Seven, O'Brian and Scotty when ya need 'em?
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I refuse to give a company a break that charges for almost every little thing in the game, and makes butt loads of money off the ZEN store, and still have crappy servers. NO EXCUSE.

Not a Cryptic lover... but ... Really? Charges for everyly little thing? IMO This game has one of the most liberal F2P Models.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got in, did my traits for one toon, got DC'd
  • Options
    matkempmatkemp Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was fine, upto a about 20-25 minutes ago then game stopped responding, went to change character...big mistake, now can't get back online..."Login failed for unkown reason"

To be fair, it is the first day of the new expansion, so these things are unavoidable.
  • Options
    erawra1erawra1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quickly MORE lockboxes this will fix the servers!!!

*chuckle* I bet the acquisition and interaction concerning lockboxes is working perfectly.
  • Options
    mehomiemehomie Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yup looks like my other 6gig steam game will be done downloading b4 this TRIBBLE is fixed so i guess ill go pay that company instead of you ........ fix your crappy network hardware and maby ill buy somthing untill then ill skip the lifer sub or the legacy pack
This discussion has been closed.