test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I disappointed? Yes.

Am I surprised? No. This game has yet to have a smooth launch for anything.
  • Options
    atseearratseearr Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I managed to get in just now. That is, I got past the error and my character list downloaded.

When I clicked a character to try and log into, I got kicked back out to the unknown login error screen.

So if you get past "Retrieving list of characters...", you may get stuck at "Retrieving map list...".
  • Options
    minodanminodan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can't get in either anymore. Not fair!
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stardate 2013.05.21: After months in space dock for a major overhaul, the crew were relieved to be finally back aboard the Enterprise. But whilst the Chief Engineer was busy tinkering with our new Warp Core and the Doctor admiring sick bay's new desktop pattern, many of the crew have been reporting problems entering their quarters or reporting to their stations. Two crew members were seriously injured when the turbolift dropped six decks and spontaneously turned into a grand piano, and the replicators on E deck sing "Daisy, Daisy" when asked for anything other than blue Kool Aid. Holodecks 1 and 2 will only show re-runs of I Love Lucy, and our new Quantum Torpedos arrived in Ikea flat packs with instructions that the Universal Translator is unable to decipher.

When asked what is causing these problems, the computer just says "unknown error".

I suspect Starfleet has been outsourcing to the Ferengi again to cut labor costs.

Nevertheless, we must leave space dock on schedule as I fear the Romulan situation is becoming grave. We'll have to take our chances with the ship as it is and hope that Engineering can work out the bugs en route. I just hope the new Warp Core is as good as they promised, or we may all be space dust by the end of the day...

:D:D:D

Alright, now that was funny. Outsourcing to Ferengi. Ironically, the Ferengi Alliance is run by one of the best engineers in the whole damn Alpha Quadrant.

Rom it's time to invest in proactive QA.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    numar1xnumar1x Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dont see why there is over 92 page's of player's complaining about log in errors, When you know this would happen when you add 6 more gigs to the game. :D:D:D
  • Options
    dfighter1985dfighter1985 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    Can you not read the HUGE GREEN YELLOW AND RED MESSAGE AT THE TOP? Stop spamming this ****, they know, we all know, so be quiet and stop spamming.
    Unfortunately it's not this simple.
    Sometimes you just have no way of knowing what's actually wrong, it just doesn't work.
    Probably this is one of those cases.
  • Options
    thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pull the server down and run some maintenance.
  • Options
    xxbrentisbeastxxxxbrentisbeastxx Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good luck Cryptic and PWE. We are all counting on you.
    "Saddle up. Lock and load." - Data

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those darn Unknown. They messed with Ash Ketchum now they're messing with the server.
  • Options
    wolvenshirewolvenshire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^ Look up at the top of the page, they know about it, it'll be fixed.
    |
    @EremiticWolf - Join Date - Oct. 2008
    [
  • Options
    totalvaughnagetotalvaughnage Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch Day Always Sucks.

Lessons from EvE.
    It Will Get Better
  • Options
    nazutannazutan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think Cryptic is just trying to keep those off us who loved the LCARS in the TV Series' at bay so we don't pass out from the new LCARS UI.

Too much UI nostalgia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    indyv72indyv72 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I guess I'll try this again tomorrow. When I do finally get in, I get stuck between maps with loading, disconnected and go thru the process again. Also when in, cannot turn in missions nor accept new ones.

Hopefully in another 24 hours this might be smoother. Sigh...
  • Options
    dragonseye1138dragonseye1138 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay...now I got "connection to game client has timed out" is that good or bad?
    Q is a Magical Girl.
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    Oh wait, didn't they have a open beta test on tribble a couple weeks ago to gather data on how the new expac will stress the servers???

By Jove! they did!

By thunder you're right! But wait! It wasn't anywhere near the same number of people that tried logging into Holodeck tonight. Reading comprehension, it's a thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stardate 2013.05.21: After months in space dock for a major overhaul, the crew were relieved to be finally back aboard the Enterprise. But whilst the Chief Engineer was busy tinkering with our new Warp Core and the Doctor admiring sick bay's new desktop pattern, many of the crew have been reporting problems entering their quarters or reporting to their stations. Two crew members were seriously injured when the turbolift dropped six decks and spontaneously turned into a grand piano, and the replicators on E deck sing "Daisy, Daisy" when asked for anything other than blue Kool Aid. Holodecks 1 and 2 will only show re-runs of I Love Lucy, and our new Quantum Torpedos arrived in Ikea flat packs with instructions that the Universal Translator is unable to decipher.

When asked what is causing these problems, the computer just says "unknown error".

I suspect Starfleet has been outsourcing to the Ferengi again to cut labor costs.

Nevertheless, we must leave space dock on schedule as I fear the Romulan situation is becoming grave. We'll have to take our chances with the ship as it is and hope that Engineering can work out the bugs en route. I just hope the new Warp Core is as good as they promised, or we may all be space dust by the end of the day...

Now that is a damn good post. I applaud. Might just be the best one yet in the sea of hate.
  • Options
    shredder75shredder75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the bright side..... there are people running around SFA doing the particle event who seem oblivious to the lag issues everyone else is experiencing.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Started patching at 3pm local (When they said it would be live.) and took two and a half hours. Now fail to login. :(

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    minodanminodan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I can see my characters now but the Engage button is grey.
  • Options
    clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add me to this list - AND to the list of folks who did not get their extra character slot.
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • Options
    hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kicked out now and stuck at can't find log in server... Emergency Maintenance time... :P
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's see what she's got, he said. And then we found out, didn't we? :P
  • Options
    kainedexkainedex Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got in and guess what server not responding lol
  • Options
    reinaldor1984reinaldor1984 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem... "Login failed for unknown reason"

I not have received my additional character slot :(
  • Options
    sheerah321sheerah321 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And why does this say I'm an Ensign? I'm a Vice Admiral!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shredder75 wrote: »
    On the bright side..... there are people running around SFA doing the particle event who seem oblivious to the lag issues everyone else is experiencing.

Some people just want to watch the particles burn...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has been the most amazing day to read the forums ever.

Nerds crying into fruit smoothies over JJ Abrams, the maintenance thread, the patch sucking, the free character slot mix up, the game exploding.

It's been great. I'll never have this much fun not playing the game again.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a gold member and i STILL CAN"T LOG IN!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    akalayusakalayus Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I blame Megabyte and his minions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.