test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• gojoredgojored Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    too many people trying to log in at once......or.... NOT ENOUGH SERVERS?
    [SIGPIC]tritrophic mutualism: we get a viable game experience, and perfect worlds new ai "ARC" dines on our zen[/SIGPIC]
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has been the most amazing day to read the forums ever.

Nerds crying into fruit smoothies over JJ Abrams, the maintenance thread, the patch sucking, the free character slot mix up, the game exploding.

It's been great. I'll never have this much fun not playing the game again.
    It has been great hasn't it?
    akalayus wrote: »
    I blame Megabyte and his minions.

+1 for the Reboot reference.

I hope it's Sexidecimal, err Hexidecimal though :P
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mikiiy wrote: »
    Wanted to switch toons and now i cant login again seeing the exact same message after it tries to retrieve characters.

I wanted to switch toons and got same!
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spherb wrote: »
    As Cryptic likes to say, new launch "Working As Intended" :P

You go hug your sig panda right now!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    akalayus wrote: »
    I blame Megabyte and his minions.

Hehe, I wonder how many people even get this?
  • scotsman22300328scotsman22300328 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJUhlRoBL8M

Craptic is toooooo much to ask to give us summin that works
  • papabloodpapablood Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL... 1st spent several hrs trying to get the game to patch...Finally got that issue fixed for a 10 min patch ... wow... Now when it gets to loading character select screen it says login failed for unknown reasons so yep add me to the list of it failing and also the list of I'm giving up till they get it fixed ... LOL NW here I come ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
  • z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Chalk this one up as a fail. Who running things Dstal there was a reason they asked him to leave the company. Ah I believe it was due to a fubar patch last year.

I poor money into this game, and the service I get back is appalling. You have a test server yet you can't even get your game working.

All I have to say is there 300 pink slips in a booklet start issuing them to people.
  • alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    1000+ posts achived

New game shoot for 2000 before they fix the issue... THE RACE IS ON NOW PEOPLE!
  • kirkryderkirkryder Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am not going to tell you all I told you, however I posted this a couple of days back, however I said the servers would crash! Does this count?

What makes me laugh is NeverWinter is a game by the SAME company, and they dont have server issues...

I wonder why?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.EliteDefenseStarfleet.com
    Best fleet in Star Trek Online...
    We even have our own merchandise!!! Come join us today...
    www.cafepress.com/elitedefensestarfleet
  • blagormblagorm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    O_O.... A lot of posts!
    R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • firekeeperhufirekeeperhu Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sh*****t. after the 10th attempt, i successfully logged in, selected the first character in the list, pressed "play" like a madman, and stared at a "loading maps 'n sh*t" message, THEN I GOT KICKED OUT, now i get this supermeaningful error message AGAIN. pls do something, it's the middle of the night here in europe, and i really want to try at least some of the truly amazing new stuffs of LoR before tomorrow.
    <3 Defiant <3

RnD and upgrade needs less RNG. Less lottery. Something has to change.
  • iamsaxxxiamsaxxx Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »

got it... lol
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I patched without any problems, it only took about 20 min.

I get to the retrieving Character info and it keeps timing out every time.

I was hoping that most of the server issues would have been worked out by the time I got home........ oh well :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy TRIBBLE I am in . . . we will see how long this will last.

exactly 4.2 seconds!
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
    edited May 2013
    Reading up on Diablo III's launch it appears Blizzard expected huge numbers of people, upped their servers to accommodate, and still underestimated what they were gonna need and got swamped.

That's wild.

What about you guys Cryptic? Did you underestimate the playing Star Trek fanbase? Really?
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,428 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By thunder you're right! But wait! It wasn't anywhere near the same number of people that tried logging into Holodeck tonight. Reading comprehension, it's a thing.

We get it, your a Cryptic apologetic.

Still, you're right, wasn't anywhere near the same number of people, not like the last major patch... or the one before that... or the one before that.

At what point do you say enough is enough. Some are saying after 10 years of MMOs a launch has never gone right... and they're correct.

By why do we suffer this fate? Why is it okay and acceptable? Why is the excuse "Well it's always happened that way, so it's good enough for me?" When are we going to expect better? When have we settled for the Status Quo, and not expecting more.

But I'm wrong, I didn't expect more, or better. In fact we got exactly what the majority of us expected. A horrible launch, with horrible lag, and quite a few players unable to even get into the game, and once they do, they can't do much.

But that's okay because it's ALWAYS been that way.
  • thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmmm minor note and probably not important but is anyone else running Steam ?
  • omegasignasomegasignas Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sparhawk wrote: »

I thought hexadecimal was worse
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My wife has been laughing at me cause I can't get into sto yet. I walked over to her and asked "want to see how my Vent Theta Radiation Console works?". Then I farted in her face. I thought it was funny but she was not amused.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was in then I got disconnected OMG!
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Getting a character list, but unable to get the map. Super slow.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • timm4444timm4444 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By thunder you're right! But wait! It wasn't anywhere near the same number of people that tried logging into Holodeck tonight. Reading comprehension, it's a thing.

By my Aunt Mitilda's blue bustle It looks like someone does not know how metric data actually works. Or how smaller group studies can be used to predict the behaviors of larger ones. . .I mean this is the first time ever that any MMO company in the history of the world had login problems due to server overload right? History, its another thing. . .
  • alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirkryder wrote: »
    I am not going to tell you all I told you, however I posted this a couple of days back, however I said the servers would crash! Does this count?

Predicting there would be issues with a major launch it like predicting the surface of the sun would be mildly warm.

That being said, the servers have not crashed... yet...
  • ursansnowursansnow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OK I was in for about 10 minutes, the lag is as bad as I have ever seen it. But the new interface is good and the graphics are solid.
    edited May 2013
    Wow...we crushed 1000. We Win :D

I wonder if it will be fixed before the thread automatically splits to a new one?
  • madaleinmadalein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i'm in finally :)
  • jimmyjames81196jimmyjames81196 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eh i want to rank up my rommie for GODS SAKE
  • robinoldsrobinolds Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, patching went pretty quickly, but I'm having the same issue as everyone else. Is anyone getting in by continuing to attempt to login every time it fails??
  • alacrityfalacrityf Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We're continuing to investigate this error -- I've added it to the announcement at the top of the forums, and it's our top priority to fix all of the items on that list ASAP. We have our top engineers on it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Got an update? It's been over an hour since the problem was first reported.
This discussion has been closed.