test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adjournon wrote: »
    Same here. Says "Retrieving List of Characters..." and two minutes later I get "Failed to Log on for Unknown Reasons."

Help me J.J. Abrams; you're my only hope... wait... sorry. This Disney TRIBBLE has me all mixed up... Huh... Does that make Thanos a member of the Q Continuum?
    Hell no.

Q don't need an old workman's glove with some trinkets on it to warp reality, they just snap their fingers and warp reality.

And Q flipped off death and she still went out with him.
    "Some bugs only appear when you get a massive influx of 100 thousand people all attempting to do the same thing at the same time."

That's why it's been being tested on Tribble for the past month or so.

Well to be fair, nowhere near the whole population of the game ever plays on Tribble even on reward weekends.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, a theory: Maybe what's going on is really an overloaded login server? HINT HINT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Login failed for unknown reason.

FFS cryptic, take the god damn server down and fix it already! What...have you got interns working on your servers now!?

have you considered they don't know what the problem is? It sn't happening to everyone.
  • Options
    onetonebruteonetonebrute Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Go to https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame for updates on them solving the issues with logging on. Please refrain from repeating unless posts. Thank you and have a nice day.
  • Options
    behem0th01behem0th01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This stinks been looking forward to playing a rommie since this game came out. Now I cant login :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Woot! Finally after an hour of trying it manages to not fail to load the characters for the select screen...

Then disconnects me back to login after trying to load the maps. TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im in, retrieving list of maps.

Bahahahaha... been there.... 3x now.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    m1993maestrom1993maestro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After continuously attempting to log in, I was eventually able to get in. The problem is with the server and too many people trying to log in all at one time. It should resolve itself over time as more servers go online.
    "Music is the single most powerful force in the universe"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    infinitespacesinfinitespaces Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still happening here...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    inertialdampersinertialdampers Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stardate 2013.05.21: After months in space dock for a major overhaul, the crew were relieved to be finally back aboard the Enterprise. But whilst the Chief Engineer was busy tinkering with our new Warp Core and the Doctor admiring sick bay's new desktop pattern, many of the crew have been reporting problems entering their quarters or reporting to their stations. Two crew members were seriously injured when the turbolift dropped six decks and spontaneously turned into a grand piano, and the replicators on E deck sing "Daisy, Daisy" when asked for anything other than blue Kool Aid. Holodecks 1 and 2 will only show re-runs of I Love Lucy, and our new Quantum Torpedos arrived in Ikea flat packs with instructions that the Universal Translator is unable to decipher.

When asked what is causing these problems, the computer just says "unknown error".

I suspect Starfleet has been outsourcing to the Ferengi again to cut labor costs.

Nevertheless, we must leave space dock on schedule as I fear the Romulan situation is becoming grave. We'll have to take our chances with the ship as it is and hope that Engineering can work out the bugs en route. I just hope the new Warp Core is as good as they promised, or we may all be space dust by the end of the day...
  • Options
    skyywalk3rskyywalk3r Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No luck here. And im on the fence about going lifetime :(
  • Options
    dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same thing here, can't retrieve character list.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • Options
    demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You know, I would reply to some of these comments directed at me, but when I click on 'quote' I get someones comments from 14 PAGES AGO!!!
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, because 100 thousand people all went to Tribble to help stress test it didn't they. Oh wait, no they didn't. Reading comprehension isn't required here, but it can save you from from looking silly when you don't actually bother to read a comment before hitting the reply button. Here, have a hug and a stack of pancakes :)

Oh wait, didn't they have a open beta test on tribble a couple weeks ago to gather data on how the new expac will stress the servers???

By Jove! they did!
  • Options
    diamondback1diamondback1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm having the same issue, I probably haven't been playing as long as some of you, but I am an old treky. I hope they get the issue resolved soon, but take my word for it this isn't the only game server that has this type of problem, try World of Tanks, youll see what I mean.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can add me to the long list of "login failed for unknown reason" happy campers. I can't even be mad, cause I fully expected launch day SNAFUs. Just sadly disppointed.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im in, retrieving list of maps.

I got as far as the retrieving list of maps too a minute ago and then got booted... It's a step in the right direction... Hopefully it's a sign that the issue will be resolved Soon?? :D
  • Options
    jornadojornado Member Posts: 918 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Force verify doesn't help. However, if you keep on trying, eventually you will get in. Selecting a character and getting in game on the other hand is still not working for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My guess is "hope" keeps people not playing but posting on the forums. For others, its a path of sad realization and closure. Grieving takes time. The worst "haters" here love the game, or did at some point.
  • Options
    skymage00skymage00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bah this sucks...Hope its fixed soon. :(
    Vice Admiral Krotus Ka'thelan
    Andorian Starfleet Engineer
  • Options
    captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    It sn't happening to everyone.

Yes it is.
  • Options
    hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No kick out, but I'm zoning as slow as hell. No other nice way to put it. Figure its probably in part due to the increased traffic, and perhaps part of this as well.
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Participating in this thread is almost as much fun as checking out all the new shiny I got from my brand new LTS today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now at 34.9% on the fresh pc install .. the laptop gave up after one try ... must be one smart machine ...
    woohoo 57.4 % ... the laptop said nuh uh ...
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its a bad day for STO when the regular trolls aren't getting any notice.
  • Options
    teshultzteshultz Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All system working, Communication between Bridge and engineering then nothing. We know they are there the light are on. I hope the It people get it fix I have 5 accounts to update, again and again, again.

Captain Database for Bridge personnel not responding.

I have to make light speed of this or I would be crying.

See all on the other side

5 to Beam upside
  • Options
    martagonmartagon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well... After several attempts... I actually got to teh Character screen... Looks Awesome! ... BUT... got to "Retrieving maps" or whatever then BOOM Back to having to put password in and getting stuck at retrieving character list again :p
  • Options
    vulcanclippervulcanclipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well gee, I logged in. It's lagging very bad so you guy s are missing nothing.
  • Options
    picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great launch, A+++
This discussion has been closed.