test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• indyv72indyv72 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I guess I'll try this again tomorrow. When I do finally get in, I get stuck between maps with loading, disconnected and go thru the process again. Also when in, cannot turn in missions nor accept new ones.

Hopefully in another 24 hours this might be smoother. Sigh...
  • dragonseye1138dragonseye1138 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay...now I got "connection to game client has timed out" is that good or bad?
    Q is a Magical Girl.
  • donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    timm4444 wrote: »
    Oh wait, didn't they have a open beta test on tribble a couple weeks ago to gather data on how the new expac will stress the servers???

By Jove! they did!

By thunder you're right! But wait! It wasn't anywhere near the same number of people that tried logging into Holodeck tonight. Reading comprehension, it's a thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • thegreathibikithegreathibiki Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Stardate 2013.05.21: After months in space dock for a major overhaul, the crew were relieved to be finally back aboard the Enterprise. But whilst the Chief Engineer was busy tinkering with our new Warp Core and the Doctor admiring sick bay's new desktop pattern, many of the crew have been reporting problems entering their quarters or reporting to their stations. Two crew members were seriously injured when the turbolift dropped six decks and spontaneously turned into a grand piano, and the replicators on E deck sing "Daisy, Daisy" when asked for anything other than blue Kool Aid. Holodecks 1 and 2 will only show re-runs of I Love Lucy, and our new Quantum Torpedos arrived in Ikea flat packs with instructions that the Universal Translator is unable to decipher.

When asked what is causing these problems, the computer just says "unknown error".

I suspect Starfleet has been outsourcing to the Ferengi again to cut labor costs.

Nevertheless, we must leave space dock on schedule as I fear the Romulan situation is becoming grave. We'll have to take our chances with the ship as it is and hope that Engineering can work out the bugs en route. I just hope the new Warp Core is as good as they promised, or we may all be space dust by the end of the day...

Now that is a damn good post. I applaud. Might just be the best one yet in the sea of hate.
  • shredder75shredder75 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the bright side..... there are people running around SFA doing the particle event who seem oblivious to the lag issues everyone else is experiencing.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Started patching at 3pm local (When they said it would be live.) and took two and a half hours. Now fail to login. :(

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • minodanminodan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I can see my characters now but the Engage button is grey.
  • hiveman5hiveman5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Kicked out now and stuck at can't find log in server... Emergency Maintenance time... :P
    The Galaxy needs you to fight the Iconians and their Heralds in order to protect our interests and freedoms in the Galaxy. Join the fight in the Herald/Iconian War today! :cool:
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Add me to this list - AND to the list of folks who did not get their extra character slot.
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's see what she's got, he said. And then we found out, didn't we? :P
  • kainedexkainedex Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i got in and guess what server not responding lol
  • reinaldor1984reinaldor1984 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem... "Login failed for unknown reason"

I not have received my additional character slot :(
  • sheerah321sheerah321 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And why does this say I'm an Ensign? I'm a Vice Admiral!!!!!!!!
    edited May 2013
    shredder75 wrote: »
    On the bright side..... there are people running around SFA doing the particle event who seem oblivious to the lag issues everyone else is experiencing.

Some people just want to watch the particles burn...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This has been the most amazing day to read the forums ever.

Nerds crying into fruit smoothies over JJ Abrams, the maintenance thread, the patch sucking, the free character slot mix up, the game exploding.

It's been great. I'll never have this much fun not playing the game again.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a gold member and i STILL CAN"T LOG IN!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • akalayusakalayus Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I blame Megabyte and his minions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Holy TRIBBLE! I see a new screen . . . and I get disconnected.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • likuideathlikuideath Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    martagon wrote: »
    Well... After several attempts... I actually got to teh Character screen... Looks Awesome! ... BUT... got to "Retrieving maps" or whatever then BOOM Back to having to put password in and getting stuck at retrieving character list again :p

I just had the same issue. Took a few tries to get the character screen, loading in from the character screen failed, now I can't get the character screen again.
  • asheistheravenasheistheraven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [QUOTE}This has been the most amazing day to read the forums ever.

Nerds crying into fruit smoothies over JJ Abrams, the maintenance thread, the patch sucking, the free character slot mix up, the game exploding.

It's been great. I'll never have this much fun not playing the game again.[/QUOTE]

Dude you said it. WORD!
  • spherbspherb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    praxi5 wrote: »
    Am I disappointed? Yes.

Am I surprised? No. This game has yet to have a smooth launch for anything.

As Cryptic likes to say, new launch "Working As Intended" :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • woodyice2470woodyice2470 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now i know why they are offering discounts on lif time subs its because no bugger can get into the friggin system
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ggg247 wrote: »
    They've been working 6+ days a week for months trying to put together the best game possible for us to play. I'm sure they're doing their best to get whatever problems have cropped up fixed ASAP.

Let's cut them a little slack, guys.

Cut some slack?...PFFFFT...once you start cutting the Devs some slack, they start taking game content breaks...they knew today was launch day and they have been doing Tribble Beta stuff for a month, maybe an extra server or 2 would help...:(

Gold members, LTS, Legacy pack buyers and Zstore supporters...Why are "WE" still waiting to get into game..."unknown reasons" screen....PFFFT...:mad:

I am NOT buying it...get your trash all in one bag...NOW, does anybody know where I send my "waiting to get into game" booze bill too?

pfffft...:eek:
    "Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
    Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
    Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
    1000 day vet and LTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
  • minodanminodan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And kicked out again. MEH!
  • stepencstepenc Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I checked my firewall, antivirus and tried to run it in compatibility mode windows xp on my windows 7 64 bit and still the same message.
  • voleslovoleslo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    now i get char select screen click a toon then load get retrieving map list then login failed unknown reason.

little closer
  • kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    numar1x wrote: »
    I dont see why there is over 92 page's of player's complaining about log in errors, When you know this would happen when you add 6 more gigs to the game. :D:D:D

they did a 6h "maintanace" ...
    edited May 2013

I couldn't agree more. These forums are hilarious and educational all at the same time! *Shares popcorn, pancake stacks and a nice cup of tea*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2013

fascinating isn't it.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ggg247 wrote: »
    Let's cut them a little slack, guys.

It's like saying you're not ready for the Superbowl, yet you knew it was coming at the end of the season.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
This discussion has been closed.