test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to Log In Due to Unknown Reasons (We're investigating this)

Comments

• Options
    axellightningaxellightning Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second that, canny dog.
    The next issue added to the list: Forum has gone down do to the shear amount of crying fan boys. In order to resolve this issue we have dispatched kill bots to the residences of the most annoying users...

Obama's drones and that... :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Think I'll patch Tribble in my free time now.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We have our top engineers on it.

How can this be if they cannot be logged in :P
  • Options
    alpha8no0nealpha8no0ne Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Disney doesn't own Trek, that's CBS and Paramount. Disney has the -other- big Star franchise.

To be fair Abrams is directing both so the chance for confusion is still fairly high...

120 posts to go till we win dev team... your move
  • Options
    chinky4chinky4 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome, if this is as bad as STO gets...

Trust me, this is WAY BLOODY MORE BETTER than BSGO. You will have to wait for 3 months for a single patch, which always makes new bugs, then a further 7 months for the patch to patch that patch before anymore patches :D

But on a serious note, i have this problem too :(
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone down to go play the neverwinter open beta?
  • Options
    wraithangel72wraithangel72 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The next issue added to the list: Forum has gone down do to the shear amount of crying fan boys. In order to resolve this issue we have dispatched kill bots to the residences of the most annoying users...

I LOLed IRL:D
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got in the game for 30 seconds and then the big ol' BOOT in da booty

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    theolentheolen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »

*!*!*We are investigating an issue where some players are seeing a "login failed for unknown reason" error at the log-in screen.*!*!*

This is an amazing error for those of us trying to make a Reman as primary. Having to create a "temporary Romulan" then claiming the legacy pack, then deleting the temporary Romulan, then creating the Reman.

I look forward to hundreds of log in attempts.
  • Options
    viruzzzviruzzz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have same problem:

99918506.png
  • Options
    sjokruhlicasjokruhlica Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well holy SH!!!t I got in.
  • Options
    vulcanclippervulcanclipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This time I got pass the character select to loading map, then I got booted with "Login failied for unknown reason".
  • Options
    donutsmasherdonutsmasher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How can this be if they cannot be logged in :P

Janeway stole some Iconian magic crystal balls and gave them to Cryptic :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sig by my better half.
  • Options
    nychusnychus Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I remember playing Eve Online when they did a massive overhaul, it was called trinity. It moved the entire game from DX7 to DX9, updated ALL textures in the game, added new content, ships, systems and gameplay mechanics. It basically changed the game from what it was to what it became. Guess what...took about 4 hours downtime and that was it. The patch took 30 minutes to download, the servers DIDNT crumble under the pressure. This is just complete, utter lack of foresight and competence.

They also at one point managed to delete the boot.ini file from windows, Also Trinity didn't really up the load on thier systems much, this is more like when they get massive fleet battles out in 0.0 then you see lag and server failure and all sorts.
  • Options
    philchapphilchap Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jackokason wrote: »
    if anybody is brave enough, try to do a force verify and see what happens.

me did same result. login failed for unknown reason. Back to tor, i was looking forward
  • Options
    scotsman22300328scotsman22300328 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all the craptic hamsters in party mood already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFPLk5mJ1D4

OHHH WHAT AN ATMOSPHERE..... THEY LOVE A PARTY WITH A HAPPY ATMOSPHERE
  • Options
    theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, it worked right when it went live...went to buy some groceries, came back and I get the dreaded unknown reasons error. For a while the forums was dead too...database error. I wonder if they were just TRIBBLE, oh well, I guess no playtime today.
  • Options
    timm4444timm4444 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kregor wrote: »
    Yeah, and EvE didn't have half of the population then that STO has now.

Actually, EvE's current population is still less than half of STO's current player population.

The fact is, STO is getting completely hammered by the sheer amount of people trying to download the patch and/or play. The fault is on the community this time.

The fault is on PWE/Cryptic trying to cut costs on server capacity. . .

. . .Seems to me that another big name game that required you to play online had the exact same problem with having too many people trying to play quite recently. . .

. . . I think it was called "ScamCity" or "SimProductPlacement" or some such. . .

. . .Seems these companies never learn, But why should they when people like you do not hold them accountable. . .
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well holy SH!!!t I got in.

probably won't last.. like my attempt.. 30 seconds and BOOT!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Suddenly BranFlakes shows up in the forums to admit all the blogs and promotions were just an elaborate hoax and that Cryptic and PWE never actually planned to allow us to play as Romulans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1KuGUpHYDc

LOR: It's a FAAAAAKKKE!

Then BranFlakes will say: Thanks to everyone who bought the Legacy Pack that doesn't actually exist ... we'll just give you $130 worth of lock box keys instead. ;)
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was wait over 5 hours to finished patche now I can't accsess to my chracter selection window!!!!!!!

What happened to my characters cryptic!!!!!!
  • Options
    tbarlowtbarlow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah what a bunch of losers, why they don't let us complain about their lack of competence

Ya I agree I know how this Kinda stuff can happen :(
  • Options
    gojoredgojored Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, I rebooted my computer, un-installed and re-installed sto, repatched again, and reclogged in again. the login stalls when "retrieving" characters. it then returns a message "unable to log in for some unknown reason. press support button for help. of course, when I try that I get a "redirect error" in the webpage.....
    anyone out there with any suggestions? even for getting help?
    thanks.
    [SIGPIC]tritrophic mutualism: we get a viable game experience, and perfect worlds new ai "ARC" dines on our zen[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jonascarlsonjonascarlson Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Some bugs only appear when you get a massive influx of 100 thousand people all attempting to do the same thing at the same time."

That's why it's been being tested on Tribble for the past month or so.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would have almost been sad (since I predicted there would be issues) if there wasn't an issue when I tried to log on...
    "login failed for unknown reason"

Kudos to whomever programmed that incredibly useful error message. The wealth of knowledge it imparts is truly staggering.
  • Options
    thehellnbackthehellnback Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    boulot11 wrote: »
    all together : row, row, row your boat....

gently down the stream ....
  • Options
    superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kregor wrote: »
    Yeah, and EvE didn't have half of the population then that STO has now.

Actually, EvE's current population is still less than half of STO's current (as of today) player population.

The fact is, STO is getting completely hammered by the sheer amount of people trying to download the patch and/or play. The fault is on the community this time.

And CCP are alot more competent.

Clearly the people that want to use the product are to blame, not the company that both markets it, builds it and runs it. This should've been expected, after all. How many "Emergency downtime to add stability to the server" did we have before LoR's launch ?

IMHO Cryptic are to blame, I'm a lifer and not proud. I didn't buy the legacy pack because it was both overpriced and contained very little I'd use ( Infact, I don't like crypic's non-cannon ships they've made. No matter the faction ) so for me to pay ?105 for 30 keys was insane.

All this and the servers still aren't up. Yet they refuse to bring the game down for maint once a day. This just smacks of incompetence.
  • Options
    fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *wakes up from hour long nap.... still investigating? still no word from brandon? -.- insert profanities here<.............> was just today i looked at the new lock box ships and couldn't wait to grind out some boxes and open them.... decided to even wait a day to make a new toon or two.... i soooooooo need my star crack please fix!!!!!!
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • Options
    whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    what is going on i cant log in
This discussion has been closed.