What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Open Beta and Tribble Test Weekend [Now Ended]

1111213141517»

Comments

• sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    One thing is certain - I am NOT looking forward to the mass crying/complaining/demands for compensation when the 21st comes - trying to log in subsequent to a season update was bad enough, but I dread to see what'll happen when the Great Entitled attempt to log in after the expansion patch is done on the 21st.

The advice that states 'don't bother even trying to log in immediately after a season patch' goes largely ignored.

Hmmm... fair point. Just in case those servers go down again, better get that preemptive whining in...

But I paid so much money for the game, and I have gotten so much Zen!!! Why do I have to wait in line behind 1200 other people who clearly don't love the game as much as me?! Clearly, the devs are just singling me out because they don't understand that as a LTS I should never have to wait to log into this game.

Oh and now it's time to rant about Cryptic's servers while not understanding how servers work. These queues make me so mad! I have to wait like 20 minutes to get into this game! And then it crashes! Don't they understand that you need to run servers off of more than 1 computer/machine! Why don't they just stop trying to take all my money for themselves and buy some more machines to run their servers! RAGE!!!!!!!!!

End satire.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
    edited May 2013
    So satire aside, I really enjoyed the testing weekend. All the devs have really put in a lot of effort to make this update a great one and boy is it paying off. I love the new Romulan designs and story (minus the centurion and subcommander level shoulder pads, which look awkward and awful especially in comparison to the commander and above shoulder pads). I look forward to seeing some of those bugs fixed and then playing it through with (hopefully) no bugs in almost a week.
  • robertusorobertuso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those who downloaded it, can you tell me how big the update is? I need to know if I can download it on the 21st, or if i have to wait till next month for my bandwidth to refresh.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    robertuso wrote: »
    For those who downloaded it, can you tell me how big the update is? I need to know if I can download it on the 21st, or if i have to wait till next month for my bandwidth to refresh.

I believe it was about 1G. It took me about an hour. But, I don't know how much of the 1G was actually downloaded.
  • robertusorobertuso Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bohiap wrote: »
    I believe it was about 1G. It took me about an hour. But, I don't know how much of the 1G was actually downloaded.

well that doesnt sound too bad, I was expecting worse. thanks for the answer :)
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll go play NW for a few days during the massive overload lol...I've been playing LoR all month..another few days to play Officially wont kill me.

Loved the KDF gameplay during the beta testing weekend though :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
    edited May 2013
    That was just for the last patch. From when they first set up tribble for LoR stuff, there has probably been around 14-15 GB of patch downloads. The big issue is that they updated the texturing for everything. By the time it hits LoR my guess is that will get down to 5-8 GB.
  • phillipdvdsnphillipdvdsn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    one thing that i wish STO had is new eye attachments. new visors or reticules for science and tactical officers. Geordi Leforge's retinal implants's from Nemesis would be great. Any thoughts?
  • hesandahesanda Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    Has the beta Rewards ended? Just wondering what the cut-off time is to get the levels in was.
  • saaleksaalek Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi

They are other icon bugs

1- If you gor to your car?cter status, and want to assign officil to your ship stations, the icon are the old ones.

2- When you bean down to a planet and you need you away team, the icons are the old, and, in that screen, you see the ground and space habilities.

Bye
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The both romulan beta tests, the open and the close ones are really nice.

Romulans have a nice and cool design in the ships, uniforms and everything. Is not too dull like FED.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • captrod71captrod71 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played the the beta since late friday night and had made level 50 around midnight last night. i am amazed by the new layout and maps. i love the new episodes and the way they tie in to the old maps. the UI and HUD leaves a little to be desired as they seem to get in the way of viewable play no matter which way its laid out. maybe "shrinking" then a tad will suffice. there are minor bugs/ glitches throughout all maps which is expected but also did not take away from the overall gameplay, i had to drop several missions and re-pick them to complete. the warbirds are awesome by design and should not be disappointing. the powers of the weapons are at times too strong as well as not utilizing all the abilities or giving the Dot to the player.

overall im impressed by the new design and the new faction and cant wait for the release as well as the recent flaws in the servers going down, but im sure with all the monies being vested by the players, you will "fix" whatever the issues are.
  • maicake716maicake716 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so how many bugs were reported that arent going to be fixed before this gets forced live?
    mancom wrote: »
    Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
    Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
    Do you even Science Bro?
  • sva888sva888 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    it's probably a bit late. but i did test in the test weekend and i have seen nothing of rewards. did i do something wrong or what?
This discussion has been closed.