What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus Open Beta and Tribble Test Weekend [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i really love what has been done so far on tribble just hope this is worthy of the test time
    The True King In The North
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They say they will get a special reward, does anyone know what a serious tester is? I found a really old thread where it's basically a secret criteria that you have to meet when playing/testing. Is that basically the same thing here?

They said they wanted people to do more than idle for an hour and log out.

I
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So i tried to patch tribble...

10 Gigabytes of data

I have one of the fastest conectections money can buy (central london 100MB Virgin Media connection). 5 hrs gone and i am at 5%.

Sort it out chaps, the weekend will be over before I get to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just do you best
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So i tried to patch tribble...

10 Gigabytes of data

I have one of the fastest conectections money can buy (central london 100MB Virgin Media connection). 5 hrs gone and i am at 5%.

Sort it out chaps, the weekend will be over before I get to play.

They wont because "in their eyes" its not them :rolleyes:

Yeah by far so slow.. i just hit the 2% mark. The fact I have to redo it all due to some glitchy error by the launcher.. is maken this day even better.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    I haven't heard anything about "serious testers" being rewarded differently for the Tribble Test Weekend.

However, this time around for closed beta, Cryptic invited people who did do serious testing of previous updates. So you could call that a reward for serious testers. Perhaps in the future there will be more of this, players allowed to test updates earlier because they have provided good feedback during the LoR beta cycle. But that's pure speculation on my part.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    They say they will get a special reward, does anyone know what a serious tester is? I found a really old thread where it's basically a secret criteria that you have to meet when playing/testing. Is that basically the same thing here?

I

IIRC one of the devs mentioned, in a podcast, that for the closed LoR beta they looked for players who had previously been on tribble, actively played missions, submitted bug reports, posted bugs & feedback- including images if able/applicable- on the forums.

For the tribble test weekend to get the reward it's usually been play a couple of missions and have fun on test weekend.
  • Options
    zylpha1zylpha1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well my sto just closed down for some unknown reason and I have to start from the beggining.. some sort of error accured and it closed up.. lovely cryptic..

On the same note as you, my computer shuts down altogether right in romulan space combat. wtf LOL. I changed the graphics settings to only show characters as stick-figures; but to no avail. Guess it's time to get anudda computer. Anyone know of a great graphics card?:mad:
  • Options
    fleetadmcassityfleetadmcassity Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Serious Testers"

From the Original Closed/Open Beta Testing .... to the Present, I have always been Serious.
    Fleet Admiral Cassity
    Delta Fleet
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,406 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seem to recall reading that their "serious testers" for this purpose are those who play for at least an hour.

Now, if I can just get it to launch without crashing...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I
    Now the last time there was a Tribble Test Weekend 'Secret Criteria', it was bringing up a character from scratch to Lvl 50... Wouldn't be surprised if it was something similar...
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now the last time there was a Tribble Test Weekend 'Secret Criteria', it was bringing up a character from scratch to Lvl 50... Wouldn't be surprised if it was something similar...

That's a lot to do without Qs help...

Wgat was the super sekret reward?
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013

There is no secret criteria for this Tribble Test Weekend (and I'm pretty sure there has never been anything secret -- we've always spelled out what you need to do to qualify for a Tribble Test Weekend reward). The qualifications are in the original announcement, linked in the OP of this thread:
    Tribble Test Weekend Reward
    Play on Tribble for at least one (1) hour and earn an exclusive reward. The reward will be revealed and available at a currently unannounced date post Legacy of Romulus launch.

Yellow coloring is my own addition, but really, that's it :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013

UPDATE! 5/10/13 @ 1:14PM PDT

We are pleased to announce that the Open Beta and Tribble Test Weekend for Legacy of Romulus is now LIVE! More details can be found through the link above.

Please note that character transfers from Holodeck to Tribble are temporarily disabled.

We look forward to seeing you on Tribble!
    Thank you for making this available. I am currently downloading the patch, and I look forward to testing the new upgrades. If the graphical user interface is any indication, the Legacy of Romulus is going to be an entertaining experience.

Thank you for all the hard work.
  • Options
    linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a suggestion.

When Legacy of Romulus is finally released, I suggest everyone download a full copy. Burn the latest version to a CD or DVD. If anything were to happen to your computer, you will not have to download the whole program again. Patching the game from the upgrade will be easier than downloading the whole game.
  • Options
    jg2112jg2112 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How much more longer until character copying is back up because I didn't copy one right after the wipe.
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Raptr just recorded I played for 3 hours. Done for today.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So where'd all the existing Tribble characters and related stuff (starbases) go? Is that on Redshirt now or are we definitively starting from scratch now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Serious Testers"

From the Original Closed/Open Beta Testing .... to the Present, I have always been Serious.

I'm hardly ever 'Serious'...

Guess They needed a few of us slackers to help in the Closed Beta testing.

:P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hrisvalar wrote: »
    So where'd all the existing Tribble characters and related stuff (starbases) go? Is that on Redshirt now or are we definitively starting from scratch now?

We're starting from scratch. They did a full wipe on Tribble before the test began.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    omg... it did it again "Handler Error", finally caught what this error was. It just shot down my whole download!!!
  • Options
    zylpha1zylpha1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    omg... it did it again "Handler Error", finally caught what this error was. It just shot down my whole download!!!

Let the patch restart after you get the handler error. You'll see that the megs that are left over to download will be less. The game doesn't forget what you have already downloaded. Happened to me several times. Just gotta have patience :D

Lurcita ~ Da Tal Shier Killa
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zylpha1 wrote: »
    Let the patch restart after you get the handler error. You'll see that the megs that are left over to download will be less. The game doesn't forget what you have already downloaded. Happened to me several times. Just gotta have patience :D

Lurcita ~ Da Tal Shier Killa

Yeah i noticed it this time around that the (what i have/out of) was slowing going down. But still.. just one of those little annoying things :P
  • Options
    desannkradodesannkrado Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This coming weekend is a Tribble Test Weekend, as well as the start of our Open Beta! Not only can you test out the new content releasing with the launch of Legacy of Romulus, but you can earn a special reward for doing so. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

UPDATE! 5/10/13 @ 1:14PM PDT

We are pleased to announce that the Open Beta and Tribble Test Weekend for Legacy of Romulus is now LIVE! More details can be found through the link above.

Please note that character transfers from Holodeck to Tribble are temporarily disabled.

We look forward to seeing you on Tribble!

So you said that character transfers are temporarily disabled. Will you enable it before the open beta is closed because i'm actually interested in testing romulans out on my account.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why did they wipe Tribble characters hadgotten quite far with my romulan on closed beta
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,279 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm confused...

You want people to test tribble but you have disabled character transfers to tribble?
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,057 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having been invited to the closed beta test of LoR I have just completed playing the required length of time to qualify for the reward.

Firstly one negative comment and one only. Having patched Tribble I was really annoyed to see that my FED character had been deleted. No worries though I can have it put back on as and when I have the need to. I can understand why it has been removed. Some players had discussed just going on Tribble and playing as their FED or KDF character just to qualify for the reward. This does defeat the objective of being a test weekend to test new content.

But anyway that aside. As I said before. I was invited to test LoR on the closed beta. I was completely blown away by LoR even though the voice files had not been added to it at that time. During the closed test not having those files included did somewhat spoil the experience, but i fully understand why they had not been included. When I submitted my feedback afte, I included a couple of personal changes that I would think would work to the new UI regarding the color schemes. I don't know if Cryptic had already had in mind the same changes that I had suggested in my feedback, but I was overjoyed to actually see what I had suggested be implemented. This proves that the feedback we give is valued.

Anyway back to this weekend. During closed beta the new content (even without full audio) was absolutely amazing AWESOME even, but playing it now with full audio WHOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

The graphics, the voice acting work just blew me away. Although I don't really like the idea of going back to level one with a character being that I have devoted so much time to my existing holodeck character. I will certainly however be splitting my time spent playing between my existing FED character and playing from level one with a Romulan.

As for any glitches etc with LoR. I have found none what so ever. It ran and played as smooth as can be.

Any complaints. Again just like glitches none what so ever.

WELL DONE EVERYONE INVOLVED.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,057 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    equinox976 wrote: »
    I'm confused...

You want people to test tribble but you have disabled character transfers to tribble?

Because it is a test weekend so you can test and review the new Legacy of Romulus expansion.

I had a FED character on Tribble but that has been removed.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have not used any of my characters on Tribble since S7 test. So if I am going to Beta Test this, I need to delete and re-copy my characters. When will I be able to do this?
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    bluegrassgeekbluegrassgeek Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    I have not used any of my characters on Tribble since S7 test. So if I am going to Beta Test this, I need to delete and re-copy my characters. When will I be able to do this?

You won't need to delete them, because they're already gone. Cryptic wiped all the characters from Tribble when this test weekend launched.

I'd expect they'll turn character copying back on during the week, when they have staff on-hand. But, for this test weekend, they want folks trying out the new content. It's also a great excuse to try something you haven't before. I rolled a new KDF character, since I only have one at VA on live, and the new intro missions/tutorial are pretty awesome.
    ____
    Keep calm, and continue firing photon torpedoes.
This discussion has been closed.