What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus Open Beta and Tribble Test Weekend [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    greyfoot7492greyfoot7492 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for opening the teaser of playing a Romulan, The graphics had some problems but a huge kudos and good job on revamping the overall look and feel of the game. A new player will find a story which grabs them into an amazing trip and for the players playing a while, they will find a new look and easier to access options and an expansion to skills and abilities opening up more customization to their characters.
    I liked the choices and felt the big complaints some of the pvpers used to have about the kdf having cloak and hit tactics will have no problem with the romulan warbirds able to cloak and hit added to the federation side equalizing the sides a bit more. I like the added warp core, adds more to customizing the ships.
    Some graphic problems already cited by many fellow gamers are just the few tweaks I observed, over all a good feel and a great job, thanks again.
  • Options
    startrekronstartrekron Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since the whole game is out once again could we please get the test weekend extended to Monday?
    "Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
  • Options
    anhumanhum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After 5 tries i had stoped, client reaches 56% and stops ... and game is dead now... good luck for all tech support and guys who are spending all sat, to bring game back to life...
  • Options
    anubis0sarvouranubis0sarvour Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My Launcher isn't giving me the option of which server to use. Is there a separate registration for Tribble on the pwe-revamped Crytic site i have to use?
    3fe5520084f54ba06a859d0b2c824e771701473049.png
    The Borg Assimilator
    Live Long and Prosper.🖖[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wozronnwozronn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's 8:30am Sunday where I am and I've been trying to download and install the LoR patch for Tribble for 36 hours with no success.

No open beta tester rewards for me then.
    /sigh.
  • Options
    fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I manage to login onto Tribble Test Server, play like a couple of minutes and get the server not responding counter. I've tested the Legacy of Romulus before, but apparently all my copied characters and the Romulan character I had made were all erased? However, getting to create my Romulan character again was okay, so I can enjoy the new tutorial and NPCs voiceovers. I'm trying to login and play and contribute not just to get the reward, but to really provide feedback.

I just hope someone in Cryptic really does read my feedback. Especially, since I', having to login in over and over again just to get some game time and develop some constructive feedback.
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01
  • Options
    capteniceman0047capteniceman0047 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bug on the overload the tranport ship to blow up then I eneryger to the next part of the ship and Im stuck at trying to load up to the next part.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    go to login on tribble and it says sorry server full with

457 out of 457

then jumps to

14061 out of 14061

then

308 out of 474

and then again to

14061 out of 14061

anybody else get this , me thinks the login is broken
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    drakomagidrakomagi Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yea, i've also had the strange bouncing queue. i hope i can login and keep testing LoR. or, if i can't i hope the hours i logged during the closed beta counts toward the reward.
  • Options
    m0peygoffm0peygoff Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I can't get on either. 15438 out of 15438. I'll let it go and see what happens, but this is NOT impressive so far.
  • Options
    goodoleboy01goodoleboy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does not work... getting the "jumping around in queue" error mentioned above. Please fix and either extend the test or try again next weekend.
  • Options
    gabesoutogabesouto Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just a suggestion for the nearest future: please, allow the 'scan particles/material/etc' missions on space and/or ground to be disabled by the player. Not the MAIN scan missions: I mean those that appear randomly on regular missions.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does not work... getting the "jumping around in queue" error mentioned above. Please fix and either extend the test or try again next weekend.
    The jumping around number is meaningless. It's a display error. NWN had it too. The game keeps track of your position, no matter what number is displayed. When someone exits it makes room for someone waiting to enter.

I've not had to wait more then 20 minutes. If you can't wait that long, oh well. Someone else can. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    gothamknight6210gothamknight6210 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im Having issues..

Its states that the Rom Beta is in Tribbles.. Well I re-patched and loaded tribble and I cant find ^%*@..

Where is this Rom Beta located?
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im Having issues..

Its states that the Rom Beta is in Tribbles.. Well I re-patched and loaded tribble and I cant find ^%*@..

Where is this Rom Beta located?

Have you tried to create a new character. The Character Creator is no longer a seperate button for the factions like it is on Holodeck. Create a new Character and you should have the option to create a member of the Romulan Republic.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Have you tried to create a new character. The Character Creator is no longer a seperate button for the factions like it is on Holodeck. Create a new Character and you should have the option to create a member of the Romulan Republic.

No It didnt give me a choice... just my copied character..are you talking about the Redshirt Shard?

I will try again
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It did not give me any Romlulan Option. Just Fed. and KDF but Im so Flustered im not even sure Im in the Right Area...
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It did not give me any Romlulan Option. Just Fed. and KDF but Im so Flustered im not even sure Im in the Right Area...

If it's on the character select screen, it's just a display error. Go to the actual create character screen and you should be able to make a Romulan or KDF character.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    All it gave me was the Careers of that Faction LOL.... Am I supposed to be on Redshirt
  • Options
    wolvegrwolvegr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok time to ENGAGE and test drive it...let the fun begin
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    All it gave me was the Careers of that Faction LOL.... Am I supposed to be on Redshirt

No. If you are on Redshirt, you are on the wrong server. You want the test (Tribble) server.

Redshirt will not have any of the LoR content on it.
  • Options
    l4huz3rl4huz3r Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When I select a character to get transfered I can only pick the Redshirt server. No Tribble in the drop down menu for me. Also, I can't find any other servers to pick in the launcher. Said it should be visible in the bottom, but there ain't nothing there for me at least... :confused: So where is it in the launcher?
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have chance to get into beta tribble. Th download is taking to long.
  • Options
    trekgate0trekgate0 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay, i think i've got it all sorted out for accessing Tribble. Just not happy its taking so long to get my account and my computer set up for it and the server is gonna be out of commission soon for 1hr+.

Hopefully i can get in and get somewhere with it as i haven't been able to yet and monday is back to work. i got up at quarter to 6 to play and couldn't. i'll try to keep positive.

Will both Holodeck and Tribble be down or is 1 still going to be available?
  • Options
    bobogheimbobogheim Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Brandon!

I am right now in Dusseldorf and have visit FED con 22 and I got the Holo Leel a.

I am wondering about th? open beta to play 1 hour as an Romulan or KDF on th? tribble server.

Are you going to have another Open beta access again before 21st May?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    l4huz3r wrote: »
    When I select a character to get transfered I can only pick the Redshirt server. No Tribble in the drop down menu for me. Also, I can't find any other servers to pick in the launcher. Said it should be visible in the bottom, but there ain't nothing there for me at least... :confused: So where is it in the launcher?

Transfering characters is currently disabled on Tribble. You can't transfer a character over there right now.

As for logging on. Assuming you have signed up for Tribble access correctly (I am sorry, but it has been so long since I had to do that I can't help you with that) to the immediate right of the area that says "Live (Holodeck) there should be a button that said something like "Test (Tribble)". If you click that, it should start patching.

trekgate0 wrote: »
    Okay, i think i've got it all sorted out for accessing Tribble. Just not happy its taking so long to get my account and my computer set up for it and the server is gonna be out of commission soon for 1hr+.

Hopefully i can get in and get somewhere with it as i haven't been able to yet and monday is back to work. i got up at quarter to 6 to play and couldn't. i'll try to keep positive.

Will both Holodeck and Tribble be down or is 1 still going to be available?

Yeah, if you haven't run Tribble ever, it is a pretty big download. best advice I can give is let it run for a while. not sure how long it will be, again it has been a while since I had to do tribble from scratch.
    bobogheim wrote: »
    Hi Brandon!

I am right now in Dusseldorf and have visit FED con 22 and I got the Holo Leel a.

I am wondering about th? open beta to play 1 hour as an Romulan or KDF on th? tribble server.

Are you going to have another Open beta access again before 21st May?

I realize I am not Brandon. but Open Beta is open for the duration. Not just this weekend. Technically, it would even be after May 21st, but as everything will be on Holodeck by then, there is little point in running LoR content on Tribble.

The Test weekend is only for the reward. If you have played tribble for at least 1 hour before 10am PDT (there is about 25 hours left from the time of this post) on Monday, you will have qualified.
  • Options
    idontknow200idontknow200 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hope the reward is the scorpion fighter. or better yet the scimitar.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hope the reward is the scorpion fighter. or better yet the scimitar.

There is no way they would reward a Scimitar (or any other ship really) for just one hour of random play.
  • Options
    zebramaniiizebramaniii Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else had trouble getting in?

I was able to get onto tribble fine on Friday night and I think I may have done enough for the reward but I wanted to get on today to have another play around before the test weekend is up and make sure I did the full hour but I have been stuck in queues for ages and the queue numbers keep changing between around 450 and 27000. I am a lifetime subscriber and I must have been stuck in a queue for over half an hour now if not longer and this is probably my fourth or fifth attempt at logging in
    ***Sausages for All***
    Federation - Mirel II, Tala Lyleh sh'Ezlem, Vro'kul, Jahrel, Giweatu, Jhrol th'Ezlem, Katariina Rebane, Eleftheria Palaiologou, Surel, Saimon, TheEfficientSaurian
    KDF -Mirel I, Anirez Norai, Talash
    Romulans - T'Lara, Makath 'The Needle' Ayailat, Mirel III
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive had something like 20 hours of game time, wanted a few more hours today but settled on it. in a week from now its going live so thats good enough progress for open beta weekend of LoR. ive provided as much as i could find within the limited time i had, too bad i didnt get the chance to run through closed beta weeks ago, i could of done a lot more testing then this "surface scan" if you like, including different drivers for the computer and such.

anyway, its all on tribble forum for what little i have seen and found.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
This discussion has been closed.