What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus Open Beta and Tribble Test Weekend [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    telmacktelmack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the Tribble server downloads at such a slow rate the Beta weekend will be over before my download is finnished.
    As of 1 minute ago, I was getting 0.1KB per 15 secs.

As this Beta weekend was expected and guarenteed to attract a large following, why hasn't
    the server been allocated more bandwidth.

if this is the rate for a Beta test I honestly wonder what the expansion will come down to the general public on release.
  • Options
    aur7aur7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a shame that to even get in that the queue is so long.
    I'm in position 989 of 989 in this queue.
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Whoa! I log out to have dinner and come back to a log-in queue. Lotsa people wanting to look at LoR. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't get all the haters and trolls, if it is so bad why are they playing. I for one love the new graphics and story line and I played for over six hours without having a problem or bug. In the old days trolls were called rabble rousers, their main idea is to spout as much hateful things so they can start a riot. It's like releasing Warp Plasma, it poisons the air and eats at your mind.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "We're sorry, but the game servers are currently full and there is a queue to start playing. Your queue position is 106 out of 106."

10 seconds later this message changed to.
    "Your queue position is 1386 out of 1386."

Erm... 1280 people queue-jumped me? Not likely.

1 minute goes by and I'm at 75 of 105 and now I'm 1424 out of 1424.

"When this message disappears, you will be logged in." ... "but not before we TRIBBLE with you a little" :rolleyes:

OOOOOOH 35 out of 124! no wait, back to 1424 out of 1424..... sigh
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    zachy011zachy011 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I haven't heard anything about "serious testers" being rewarded differently for the Tribble Test Weekend.

However, this time around for closed beta, Cryptic invited people who did do serious testing of previous updates. So you could call that a reward for serious testers. Perhaps in the future there will be more of this, players allowed to test updates earlier because they have provided good feedback during the LoR beta cycle. But that's pure speculation on my part.
    What I did, is I patched most of the LoR Thurs. Night so it had the majority done. It made things a lot smoother! I only had about 950 Mb of data to patch Friday!
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't all those people in Tribble need to go and cut the grass, or something, so the rest of us can get in? :D
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sorry We cut the grass while it downloaded
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    aidy1972ukaidy1972uk Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Keep getting kicked out of join server line.

Says I'm 500+ in queue, wait about 30 seconds and it takes me back to login screen (NOT character select)
  • Options
    garhdogarhdo Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't been able to actually start a new game, but on character creation I noticed that all traits seem to be preset now, depending on race. Is that the case? Or can we still select some traits while having some chosen for us?
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does spending an hour in the queue count? My wife and kid are still waiting and it's been half an hour now :-D
  • Options
    jupiter1122jupiter1122 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    garhdo wrote: »
    I haven't been able to actually start a new game, but on character creation I noticed that all traits seem to be preset now, depending on race. Is that the case? Or can we still select some traits while having some chosen for us?

default traits are chosen for you, you unlock more trait slots as you rank up, great system if you ask me.
  • Options
    garhdogarhdo Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    default traits are chosen for you, you unlock more trait slots as you rank up, great system if you ask me.

That sounds much more improved, allows new players to get more used to their new abilities. I approve.
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems to take the biscuit that with the limited capacity on tribble people are going to be spending 3 days straight on tribble levelling a toon to 50 that they are going to have to remake on holodeck.

Knowing my luck, I won't be able to get on to test for the designated hour and for once, the reward will be something more than a tribble that I won't claim.
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Why do lifetime subscribers have a login Q on Tribble? I've never had this before. Well, lucky I already played some time last night after the patch, so the hour should count already.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,422 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Forgot this was the open beta weekend. It explains why login queue though.
    Wanted to do some more nimbus action.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ive played tribble about 8hrs today (sat) and so far the whole thing seems very solid, there may be a few miner bugs that have been reported by other users and as i said before that little problem with the overlapping audio voice overs making it hard to hear what being said but all in all a very good job, well done all.
    p.s love the graphics and its such a shame you had to blow up that village you start in for the story line. i would have liked to have retired there, it looked very cosy.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    carrowcanarycarrowcanary Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tc10b wrote: »
    Knowing my luck, I won't be able to get on to test for the designated hour and for once, the reward will be something more than a tribble that I won't claim.
    More than a tribble? Doubt it, it'll just be the usual deal of "pet it once an hour for a (most likely Nukura) Mark".
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,422 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Maybe they'll have a preview of the Tribble on Tribble. I'll have to check if i ever make it through the queue.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just came back from the roof. You must have missed it. Shucks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Video or it didn't happen.
  • Options
    crusher332crusher332 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have though about that, do romulans have their own celebrations or are they going to participate in their allies parties. For example, when First Contact Day/Day of Honor gomes, do romulan players participate in First Contact Day if their ally is fed or do they participate in Day of Honor if their ally is kdf or do they have their own separate celebration? This is one thing that i really want to know before choosing my ally :)
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to take part, but I've been sitting in a queue for the last hour and somehow keep getting moved down the queue instead of up it...

I hope being in the queue counts towards the hour spent on the server because at this rate I wont actually have any time to play.

Edit: NVM I just got timed out and booted.... Thanks for the experience, I'm going back to Neverwinter now.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    sehlatkitten01sehlatkitten01 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    damnit cryptic fix the freaking servers im getting sick of this TRIBBLE
    i cant get in or i get kicked out due to damn servers not responding
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, would have to guess that the Tribble Beta is failing.
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the servers are about to go POEF anyway.
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Testing fails... can't wait for the actual launch. I do hope all Cryptic games are down now. Makes no sense that when NW beta is up all is down and now, I guess Tribble overloaded, Holodeck is down.
  • Options
    zachy011zachy011 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zachy011 wrote: »
    What I did, is I patched most of the LoR Thurs. Night so it had the majority done. It made things a lot smoother! I only had about 950 Mb of data to patch Friday!
    Oops wrong reply....
  • Options
    picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cant even log in. LOL
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We were having a tourney and this open beta **** just ****ed things up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    malliciaxmalliciax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guess i will go take a nap... again...
This discussion has been closed.