What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Not Responding (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol, great, thanks, another hourlong downtime because of a game that has nothing to do with STO... fine fine!
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    thomasv6545thomasv6545 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they sure are quick to close threads , only if they could show that dedication to keep the service up and running
    one may not always recieve what one expected
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so the server is down now ? yes or no please :mad:
  • Options
    captainaramdacaptainaramda Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, Cryptic sends all their team on working new content leaving maybe one or two to deal with on-going content issues. Smart move. Over the last month I've submitted numerous bug reports, gotten a ticket number and when I click on View your Tickets, there's nothing there.

With this latest issue we have a serious issue. Many were in the middle of Events only to be dc'ed right in the middle. I was in the middle of an elite STF on my one toon and one by one other players dropped out for no reason. When I decided that 2 people simply could not win I bailed and was promptly given a one hour leaver penalty. My other toon was in the middle of the Tau Dewa Patrol Event when everything went down. No bonus, no drops, no nothing.

When issues like this crop up, I fully understand that it can't be anticipated but, I expect some commiseration. I think Cryptic owes the players at least something for the loss. This simply can not stand.
  • Options
    boyscout1971boyscout1971 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well it's trying to load now slooooooooowly
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no, game crashed
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    stugats187stugats187 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is why it's a _good_ thing that I can watch MLB on my iPod. I can do that, drink a beer, read forums and nap with the pets.

Not a bad way to spend time. Things will crash (less) when open beta traffic is compensated for.

Maybe.

Or I could play "Mass Effect" for a while.
    Marconi

USS Enrico Fermi E
    Engineer
  • Options
    johnharrisonloljohnharrisonlol Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    :)

That's what happens when Brandon and I step on each other. :)

I am sure that's not all you do to each other
  • Options
    elijahriderelijahrider Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was playing regular when I was suddenly disconnected and have been unable to log in since is kind of poo::(

other topic got closed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wasn't meaning to offend, but couldn't pm the guy about an error he made in moderation so...
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chevy7189 wrote: »
    Cryptic Studios Inc
    1640 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025
    (424) 208-8380

ya 500000 people phoning them tying up phones lines might teach them a lesson
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they sure are quick to close threads , only if they could show that dedication to keep the service up and running

They just merge them, so they can be easily deleted later (*waves his hand* there was no downtime today).
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Should be careful about that, cereal's fragile and, I hear cereal killing can land you a death sentence! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regain your patience by doing something else, ffs. There are plenty of other games out there, there's a ton of stuff you could be doing besides getting cranky every time this happens.

Well, no. There's every reason to get cranky when this happens - especially since they're ten days away from launching their biggest expansion to the game. Bearing in mind some people are subscribers here, so every second that the server is offline uneccessarily is their money wasted.

So yeah. I can see plenty of reasons to get cranky when this happens.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so the server is down now ? yes or no please :mad:

Its hard to tell. Most in here seem to think so... so I would say that it is your computer. Try restarting and praising Ra the sun god.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ah, he fixed it, awesome, okay guess this will get closed
  • Options
    snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lor expansion on tribble is popular it seems. they shouldve expected a major jump on tribble and expected to need better equipment for the job before doing tribble test weekend
  • Options
    silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited May 2013

this says all
  • Options
    corjetcorjet Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Well, no. There's every reason to get cranky when this happens - especially since they're ten days away from launching their biggest expansion to the game. Bearing in mind some people are subscribers here, so every second that the server is offline uneccessarily is their money wasted.

So yeah. I can see plenty of reasons to get cranky when this happens.

I second that!
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this says all

Just an FYI, the mods do not work on the servers or game, they just mod the forums :)
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    oracion666oracion666 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad to know I'm not the only one this has happened too, though my problem is over on the tribble server starting yesterday after the patch. . . shame too. I had just unlocked my space whale of doom and wanted to run things over with it :(
    Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
    Member since early 2011

• Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heres a song to listen to while everyone waits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXPkmIwwobA
  • Options
    tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fire your tech support, dev's for incompetence as that might be the only way to fix this game and your company. Players are not going to continue to stick around when the game is becoming more unplayable with each passing week.

Server instability means your tech support guys are useless and have no clue what they are doing when it is only getting worse each week.

Dev's still have bugs in game that have been around since release and ignore them just making new ones with each update and expansion to the game.

No compensation for the TRIBBLE that is going on means CRYPTIC does not give a damn about its customer base. This tends to tell players to go elsewhere and find a different company to play games from.

Also FIRE syberghost, Community Moderator for simply being a useless mod and agitating your customers which means who pays your paycheck.
  • Options
    renomillerrenomiller Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm tired of getting Cutesy explanations from PWE for why the game is going down so very often, lately. It's not cute, and it's not funny.
  • Options
    innerphoenixinnerphoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stop blaming cryptic for these server errors , cryptic made the game but perfect world entertainment manages it so blame them , don't blame the awesome cryptic people for an awesome game that they made.
  • Options
    alesiaralesiar Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol I was just looking forward to getting the Tachyokinetic converter..

Well, looks like it's time for my afternoon sandwich and tea, and I guess I'll go out tonight. Hey, what do you know, thanks Cryptic! You're actually making me leave the house on this lazy Saturday. (I was hoping to celebrate with some STO after a hard week of finals).

You're doing a good job, folks at Cryptic, you people have a skeleton crew compared to bigger companies and you're letting us play for free and I commend that. I hope that this gets better, because I really don't want people leaving a wonderful game because of these silly server issues.

You know, I think a good thing to implement would be a better system of warning players when the server is down.

No one can log in, and yet the site server status symbol says Server Status: Up. Come on now.

Also, if we do get kicked from things like Dilithium Mining and important STFs or whatever.. yeah. These are some issues where you have to get to the source and not combat merely the symptom.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    all these merged threads make for a bunch of rambling comments from trolls and legitimate people...
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I thought He was out yodeling...
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kesak13 wrote: »

ROFLMAO! Love the expression on Khan's face.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
This discussion has been closed.