test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server Not Responding (Resolved!)

Comments

• niussussniussuss Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Taken from the Test Server FAQ...

When will downtime for Tribble/Redshirt occur?

Downtime will happen on-the-fly, unlike Holodeck. This means that if we have a new patch or maintenance that needs to happen, we won't be waiting for our standard time. Instead, the maintenance will occur almost immediately, after a notification has been made to anyone playing on that particular Test Server.

BWA HA HA HA HA!!! "unlike Holodeck" giggle snort...
  • perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was just about to post but couldn't..... and I couldn't go back and copy the text as well which was annoying :(

Was about to post something about Open Beta and previous season launches being nothing like this. Never experienced so many 'unscheduled/emergency downtime's' before a big update. I would say I hope the testing on tribble (queues I thought crashed Holodeck?) is going to allow for preparations for LOR launch and the usual won't happen but from other closed topics seems another reason or not? What is causing all the downtime?
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ya 500000 people phoning them tying up phones lines might teach them a lesson

Yeah, that'll show em! So they can spend all the time answering calls instead of fixing the problem... no...wait...
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I feel like the guy in the penalty box while Cryptic are the green men trolling me with the server down timez:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SiHhFMY-zgk/TazIRFPURXI/AAAAAAAABlM/UOIx6v-fwtM/s1600/green-WM.jpg
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Tribble is still up and working, so it must have eaten the hamster

Sonova...

NO TRIBBLE! THAT'S A BAD TRIBBLE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope this new hardware piece still has guarantee on it.
  • mananfermananfer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are the servers down? or just there're a lot of players and i just can contact with the server that is collapsed?
    Come and play Jade Dynasty with me!
    In Europe Shura-EN, my name is Hedonggang. My Inductor ID is 5681060X015806066008224Z3f2d22
  • jc89123jc89123 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    stop blaming cryptic for these server errors , cryptic made the game but perfect world entertainment manages it so blame them , don't blame the awesome cryptic people for an awesome game that they made.

Only Cryptic games have been crashing as of lately so you can't blame PWE for that. Let the blame fall where it belongs.
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    I feel like the guy in the penalty box while Cryptic are the green men trolling me with the server down timez:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SiHhFMY-zgk/TazIRFPURXI/AAAAAAAABlM/UOIx6v-fwtM/s1600/green-WM.jpg

OMG Green Guys! Yes I love them.... yes I am really disappointed right now... with the Canucks, but I called it at work.. :( Bye bye AV.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    looks like another 100 pages of forum till the server is back up
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've decided to give up on the game today. Might just watch a couple of the star trek films instead. At least my External Hard drive ain't prone to crashing.

Just a thought, to those who actually pay for subscriptions, do you get any compensation wwhen servers go down unexpectedly?
  • johnharrisonloljohnharrisonlol Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just an FYI, the mods do not work on the servers or game, they just mod the forums :)

Okay let's put it this way. Less money into the csr budget and more into the hardware budget. After all why have csr's for a set of game's that clearly has a limit on how many people can fit in it. OH that's right nevermind mods are unpaid pimply nerds who get picked on in school and work for game zen. That explains it all!
  • sacerd75sacerd75 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    who likes cake?
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daveyny wrote: »

HMM strong with the force Yoda is.
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • jamesjsmithjamesjsmith Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jelly0 wrote: »
    Anyone else got same problem?

Yeah i have i've only been on here since last night if this is the way its gonna go i don't think i'll bother :(
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OMG Green Guys! Yes I love them.... yes I am really disappointed right now... with the Canucks, but I called it at work.. :( Bye bye AV.

Our only hope now is the leafs and that's if they don't get pwned by the bruins in the next game. Poor canucks got swallowed alive by the sharkzies :P.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I knew with the release of Never Winter Nights the servers would have issuses , now they are running testing for tribble , which i bet is on the same server as the other games , and servers go down again , wondering if pwi will stop being so dam cheap and buy new hardware and keep there games on seprate servers , and have seperate servers for testing , like this is getting so dam old , i just pre purchased for romulan and am high debating canceling that CC transaction as these people cannot keep a game up and running for more or less 6 months with out major crashes , this is just so dam stupid

6 months? LOL it was Thursday the last time it crashed. and again 3 days before that, I do believe. I used to be a monthly sub. but canceled it 4 days short of another vet reward just to prove a point. the game is fun when its working but not worth spending real money on anymore.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

edited May 2013
    Okay let's put it this way. Less money into the csr budget and more into the hardware budget. After all why have csr's for a set of game's that clearly has a limit on how many people can fit in it. OH that's right nevermind mods are unpaid pimply nerds who get picked on in school and work for game zen. That explains it all!

Just out of curiosity, how butt hurt are you right now, really?
  • captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh btrying to update launcher TRIBBLE now
    :mad:
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is just ridiculous now. Again the game has gone down for no apparent reason, its been laggy and unstable for a week or so as well. Its pretty much unplayable even when it is running. Pathetic!

We had downtimes from 1-5 hours nearly every day! *grumbles*
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
    edited May 2013
    ironmako wrote: »
    I've decided to give up on the game today. Might just watch a couple of the star trek films instead. At least my External Hard drive ain't prone to crashing.

Just a thought, to those who actually pay for subscriptions, do you get any compensation wwhen servers go down unexpectedly?

LOl what drugs are you on that make you even ask whether this can happen?
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just put on some server stability improvement patches, like usual, that should do the trick.
    edited May 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Our only hope now is the leafs and that's if they don't get pwned by the bruins in the next game. Poor canucks got swallowed alive by the sharkzies :P.

I called it at work. AV was making REALLY stupid choices with the lineups. Kassian (sp) NEEDS to be on the top 2 lines, AND he needs to not take stupid penalties.
    edited May 2013
    Just out of curiosity, how butt hurt are you right now, really?

It is my right to be a unsatisfied customer and voice my displeasure in the manner I see fit. It's basically a constitutional right.
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher comes up with "the star trek online website is currently down for maintenance. Normal game play is not affected."

rofl
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    Just put on some server stability improvement patches, like usual, that should do the trick.

Comments like this are so much better than QQ nerd rage :D

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who would be annoyed if I said right now I'm playing cure space elite? :D
  • sacerd75sacerd75 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so I am the only one that likes cake huh? weird.
  • thomasv6545thomasv6545 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The real issue here is not that it goes down and they handle downtime appauling , if we only knew what caused the downtime ( neverwinter , bad code , etc.. ) we prolly would accept it easyer
    one may not always recieve what one expected
  • niussussniussuss Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Taken from the Test Server FAQ...

When will downtime for Tribble/Redshirt occur?

Downtime will happen on-the-fly, unlike Holodeck. This means that if we have a new patch or maintenance that needs to happen, we won't be waiting for our standard time. Instead, the maintenance will occur almost immediately, after a notification has been made to anyone playing on that particular Test Server.

BWA HA HA HA HA!!! "unlike Holodeck" giggle snort...
This discussion has been closed.