What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server Not Responding (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    johnharrisonloljohnharrisonlol Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just out of curiosity, how butt hurt are you right now, really?

It is my right to be a unsatisfied customer and voice my displeasure in the manner I see fit. It's basically a constitutional right.
  • Options
    hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher comes up with "the star trek online website is currently down for maintenance. Normal game play is not affected."

rofl
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    Just put on some server stability improvement patches, like usual, that should do the trick.

Comments like this are so much better than QQ nerd rage :D

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who would be annoyed if I said right now I'm playing cure space elite? :D
  • Options
    sacerd75sacerd75 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so I am the only one that likes cake huh? weird.
  • Options
    thomasv6545thomasv6545 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The real issue here is not that it goes down and they handle downtime appauling , if we only knew what caused the downtime ( neverwinter , bad code , etc.. ) we prolly would accept it easyer
    one may not always recieve what one expected
  • Options
    niussussniussuss Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Taken from the Test Server FAQ...

When will downtime for Tribble/Redshirt occur?

Downtime will happen on-the-fly, unlike Holodeck. This means that if we have a new patch or maintenance that needs to happen, we won't be waiting for our standard time. Instead, the maintenance will occur almost immediately, after a notification has been made to anyone playing on that particular Test Server.

BWA HA HA HA HA!!! "unlike Holodeck" giggle snort...
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ironmako wrote: »
    Just a thought, to those who actually pay for subscriptions, do you get any compensation wwhen servers go down unexpectedly?

HMWAHAHAHAHA!....
    Wait... you were serious?
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uh oh

Line : 56
    Char : 1
    Error : 'jQuery is undefined'

URL: http://sitedown.startrekonline.com/js/jquery.cookie.js

Do you want to keep running scripts form the page.
    ( a yes or no)

looks like something is gone now OR NOT in the code.
    then this one http://sitedown.startrekonline.com/themes/startrek/js/launcher.js

and i get the launcher lookin all messed saying its down for maintenance
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hagar3 wrote: »
    The launcher comes up with "the star trek online website is currently down for maintenance. Normal game play is not affected."

rofl

well I usually play abnormally that mean I can get in? :D
  • Options
    gurriknakgurriknak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It seems that Tribbles have gotten into the network hardware at our data center, and all Cryptic games and services are affected. We have Engineers on site who are working to.. well... remove the Tribbles ;) Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

So, are there any plans to separate the STO, Neverwinter, and Champions Online data centers into their own, non-shared clusters with one itsy bitsy chat server to link all three?

I plan on going back to Gold when LoR goes gold (for the bank, costume, and respec tokens while I level my Romulan), and on top of that just the past three weeks I've spent $70+ on STO -- more then I've spent on any other game in the past three years, including sub fees, COMBINED. So, if I might be considered an "average customer" and the majority of the games population is made of "average customer", that's gotta stack up to major $$$. Mo' money for new hardware...

Or is PWE simply gobbling up all the revenue, throwin' peanuts at ya, and saying "deal with it"?

On a different note, yesterday, I spent WAY TOO MUCH TIME going through the Romulan tutorial (great job, even with the moderately annoying bugs), and today was going to try and finish knocking out the Klingon tutorial (which I'm happy to say is better then I expected over the old one) & start the Fedrat tutorial. Overall, I'm fairly impressed, but have the feeling Warbirds are going to get hit with the nerf club again either by giving them an even higher power drain (-10 per is just laughable) and/or reduce their hull by 25-50%.

Anyway, here's hoping this gets fixed in a timely fashion. Keep up the fight!
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulan Green Yodeling...

...with a fiber-optic headlight...

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only compensation we get are Brandon's cheerful posts. Keep calm and game along as the Brits say :p
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is my right to be a unsatisfied customer and voice my displeasure in the manner I see fit. It's basically a constitutional right.

Actually the US constitution states that, as a customer, you are not legally entitled to butt-hurtitis. That can land you in jail and/or $10,000 in fines.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    foxhunt75foxhunt75 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sigh... F' It Then.

Tea, Earl Grey, hot.
    Computer: That beverage has not been programmed into the replication system.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU
  • Options
    kszasokszaso Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    perhaps it might be a good idea to change the server status on the main page to show that its down?
  • Options
    glennhestonglennheston Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a good thing this is free 2 play, because I wouldn't pay for it.
  • Options
    casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On the plus side, given that MMOs (especially Perfectworld ones) are all pay-to-win instead of the old subscription model, every second the games are down costs them more money than us.

In the old days of monthly sub MMOs, there was righteous anger because money had been paid without a service being rendered. Only the players were really suffering directly, the games lost out in a secondary sense through people leaving due to the bad service, but lost nothing substantial in a direct sense from the intermitten downtime.

That's not true for microtransaction MMOs. They'll get stuff back online asap so people can resume throwing free money at the shareholders, or they'll be serious consequences.
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i so would ask for a Refund if i had paid for this game or was a sub

Its like a NEW car breaking every 2 weeks you would get something back but no were meant to just be like oh ok...

but hey i'm F2P so i just get a bit Peed off
    JtaDmwW.png
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Have fun. :D
  • Options
    tiezine1tiezine1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, server status shows as "up" but the launchers wont even update now... LOR was good while it lasted today I guess... Crossing fingers.
  • Options
    skytowerfactionskytowerfaction Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    il_570xN.279499826.jpg
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kszaso wrote: »
    perhaps it might be a good idea to change the server status on the main page to show that its down?

Cannot compute...common sense factor too high...initiating auto destruct sequence...10...9...
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    tyrannoswordtyrannosword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cool story... and it's our right to point and laugh at your impotent nerd rage :D
  • Options
    species1977species1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    god save the Star Trek Online !!!!!
  • Options
    avengerctc25avengerctc25 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Got kicked after only about 30 mins of testing time on tribble. Havent been able to get on for something like 45 mins. Wont connet to login/account server most of the time, every once in awhile I get to character screen but then the game disconnects again.
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jquery errors
    YOUR using java script to do a online game ...dangerous.....
  • Options
    es0archeres0archer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its dead Jim...

wow craptic...I would say that you learned your lesson...over 7 seasons (actually 6)....and messing those launches too...with server downtime and crashes.

Guess not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013

hey i'm playing Halo 4 so no i don't care
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    johnharrisonloljohnharrisonlol Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually the US constitution states that, as a customer, you are not legally entitled to butt-hurtitis. That can land you in jail and/or $10,000 in fines.

You are only referring to actions or words that can threaten national security in a direct way. I hardly call ******** about an mmo in that category.
This discussion has been closed.