Bird bird bird, bird is the word
    Bird bird bird, bird is the word yeah
    Well everybody's heard about the bird
    Na na na na na na na na
    Na na na na na na na na na
    Everybody's heard about the bird
    Don't you know about the bird?
    Well... everybody's heard about the bird!
    Bird bird bird, bird is the word yeah
    Surfin' bird...
    Well... Everybody's heard about the bird
    Yeah everybody's heard about the bird
    Na na na na na na na na
    Na na na na na na na na na na
    Na na na na na na na na na na
    Don't you know about the bird?
    Bird bird bird, bird is the word go
    Everybody's heard about the bird!
    Everybody's heard about the bird!...
    Everybody's heard bout the bird!
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • mn03mn03 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why are they running Champions online, STO AND NW on the same server. All three are down.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    angarus1 wrote: »
    What does god need with an MMO? ;)

a clue

/10 char
  • es0archeres0archer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    Cannot compute...common sense factor too high...initiating auto destruct sequence...10...9...

THIS ^^...made me LOL HARD!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
  • captaindjm15captaindjm15 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it could of crashed cause of the open beta and the huge ammount of people playing on 2 servers
  • istvaanshogaatsuistvaanshogaatsu Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just out of curiosity, how butt hurt are you right now, really?

The finest of butt doctors, butt surgeons and warlocks of buttwizardry have been dispatched to his location, bearing the holiest butt-wound creams and unguents of butt repair +3. Sadly, even the Grand Buttsmith of Buttbuttshire pronounces his chances as grim.
  • snakevorerulessnakevorerules Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sometimes yes...and i personally myself do not see the benefit of paying.... i could be wrong
    bufflez wrote: »
    New to STO, thinking about going Gold... but... does this happen often?
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you guys are actually fighting about Free speech on a privately owned forum. fail
    GwaoHAD.png
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You are only referring to actions or words that can threaten national security in a direct way. I hardly call ******** about an mmo in that category.

No I am referring to the amendment that was created FOR MMO's. Here is the EXACT QUOTE for it!

'As a customer in an MMO, you are not entitled to being butt-hurtitis as it is by the grace of the game and the US constitution that was created by the great and powerful FSM that those who suffer from it shall face the wrath of the Borg and the Q inside of the great and powerful OZ.'
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    another song while we all wait

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBecM3CQVD8
  • sacerd75sacerd75 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I am gonna orders some pizza tonight... anyone want some later?
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mn03 wrote: »
    Why are they running Champions online, STO AND NW on the same server. All three are down.
    cause your a sucker and dont stop playing on mass to push the point.
    edited May 2013
    mn03 wrote: »

So that when one crashes...everyone playing craptic games share the pain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drizzecdrizzec Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all i get is a message stating "trying to update launcher" Was playing and the server stopped responding. So I tried restarting the game and that is all i am getting
  • vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've already tested what I wanted to test on Tribble almost all day yesterday. I'll not try anymore this weekend, to free up at least 1 spot on tribble. I didn't want to spoil too much of the story for myself.

Also, I don't think they want to split to seperate datacenters because that costs a whole lot of money to do. I don't think the regular people (myself included) actually knows anything about the types of costs Cryptic sees per month. It's more than I'll ever make in my lifetime I can guarantee that.

Patience is not something that people learn to get, it's evidenced here on this game's (and every game made since games were made) forum. I just wish people would try and show some kind of restraint from posting non-sense, like they do all the time.
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bufflez wrote: »
    New to STO, thinking about going Gold... but... does this happen often?

the only thing you get from gold is well nothing save your money buy redbull!
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • djezc#0623 djezc Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so how many times in just May alone has the game been down?
  • xxwal1acexxxxwal1acexx Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all set to login and play the tribble test weekend,when yet again we are all going huh,the game has crashed again,some unknown fix on the way i assume and vegue inforamation on why it went down in the first place.i mean during an event they allow it to crash,im not impressed here who is responsible whoi isnt doing thier job.im going to need them to clear out thier desks...
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In all honesty how the hell do you people call yourselves a gaming company? This is beyond idiotic and shows you people have no damned clue what the hell you're doing, you put 2 massively high traffic games on the same server (when you have at least 2-4 others of laughably low traffic) and then wonder why the game is down more often then it is up?

You people need to higher more intelligent staff members. Anyone with basic knowledge of computers would know "if there's too much on it, it'll not work right" common guys with the amount of money people dump into here move that P.O.S game Neverwinter to another server since this game came first and is an actual cash cow compared to a beta for a game not even out yet (which in all honesty will NEVER grow to the levels this game has with the constant server down times.)

get you're TRIBBLE in order, you're losing money every second you keep the servers down (from both game aspects)

Y'know... before you start bashing away at people's lack of intelligence, you may wish to proofread your post to remove any errors present.

Case in point, you want them to HIRE, more intelligent staff, correct?

Just sayin'

Jolan'tru
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They just didn't expect the gaming community to swell so fast and they got caught off guard.

No offense , but this game has seen it's share of 'milestones' in terms of gamer population in terms of new season releases , new (anticipated) mission releases and via going Free to Play .

And every time , there were problems .
    And every time it seemed that "Cryptic was caught unprepared" .

You know what ?
    There is a limit to which you can say that that is understandable .

You have two other milestones coming up fast : May 21 , and the launch of the next season and the launch of their new MMO "Neverwinter" .
    At this point ppl are expecting trouble -- MAJOR TROUBLE , yet Cryptic seems to sail on as if the sky's were clear and not a cloud to be seen .
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been fanatically defending Cryptic because I know how difficult it can be to repair a server after a hardware failure. That is until today, this is where you fill in the straw that broke the camel's back or other various appropriate analogies.

Normally I'm not on to jump on the compensation bandwagon, but at this point the sheer amount of server crashes are going to be dangerous for Cryptic. They've improved the game by leaps and bounds with the LOR expansion, but if people loose confidence in Cryptic because of unstable servers, everything they achieved with the expansion will mean nothing.

Yes this is a F2P game, but don't mistake that for meaning the game is anywhere close to free. This isn't a game where you spend 20 dollars and get a whole list of items for that 20 dollars. It wouldn't be at all surprising if there were people that have spent over 500 dollars on this game. I know I've spent over 200 on various things here and there, and not only because I wanted cool stuff, but because I know the potential of the game and wanted to help make that happen. With all of the current server problems do I regret this?...no not yet.

However at this point and if this continues, that may change and not just for myself but for many others as well. A gesture of good will on Cryptic's part or just plain out Damage control if you'd rather would be far more beneficial to regaining/solidifying customer confidence and would outweigh any cost or temporary imbalance in in-game economics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been watching the STO server status webpage for some time now. They do keep pulling servers up, but as they bring one up another drops out again.
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cause your a sucker and dont stop playing on mass to push the point.

Why stop playing on mass? every other day PWE/Cryptic services crash anyway how would they even know?
  • mattyp448mattyp448 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    you guys are actually fighting about Free speech on a privately owned forum. fail

This, this a thousand times.
    edited May 2013
    they sure are quick to close threads , only if they could show that dedication to keep the service up and running

^^ So much this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I completly lost my hope ...
  • sacerd75sacerd75 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Naw it will likely just be a whole bunch of little ceasers pizzas... cause they are cheap.
This discussion has been closed.