Options

Server Not Responding (Resolved!)

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    es0archeres0archer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vengerax wrote: »
    I don't pay for this **** program. I learned from EQ how generally cheap and incompetent they can be. swore I'd never pay for this broke **** game. now i am MORE than happy i didn't. :D

Condolences to those that are. :(

I did...I bought the lifetime before launch....sigh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lifetime member.......not proud of it!
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hahaha i thought i was in and what does it say to me " Can't authenticate: couldn't even attempt server connection"
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    aveldraaveldra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's high time to reevaluate your server structure Cryptic, NW is gonna be a popular game and with Sto sharing the same space (no pun intended) the current build is unsustainable.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Looks like players who had the game client still up, and were at the log in screen, can now log in again. We're working on bringing the launcher back up.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
    ?Internet connectivity has been lost. <--- all those saying its this go jump off a bridge
    ?The website is temporarily unavailable. <-- yup they yanked it .....possible
    ?The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable. <-- the host is a ****** that cant do secondary back up dns ergo ANOTHER BACK UP SERVER FOR AWEBSITE
    ?The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.<---- someone bought the domina name on cryptic and there screwed ya that would be funny

thats what this popup says
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Two hours and still going. This is gunna be an expensive weekend for PWE. If the servers are down in primetime nearly every second evening, there is also no C-store transaction, no Dilithium conversion, nothing. Doesn't that bug PWE in the slightest? If you want money, work harder on your servers, please. And I thought Atari had bad servers.

Well... Atari compensated us with free time and shaka emote/tamarian communicator.
    We "lost".. how much time? 20 hours in ~1 Week?
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    rexsterxrexsterx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    es0archer wrote: »
    I did...I bought the lifetime before launch....sigh!

I'm in :) but I'm so terrible scared to move or get in my ship maybe I'll just sit here and watch as long as i can , until i cant wait no more :) sorry about your investment in game before launch , goodluck we'll need it :)
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm in. :D
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Launcher is working now, I hope it's working again as a whole.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    spinneynormanspinneynorman Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    true GalanVaurek, I mean run into a bank using you right to free speech and yell bomb. see how well that goes for you. free speech isn't a pass to be belligerent or verbally abusive. you make a great point GalanVaurek.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Looks like players who had the game client still up, and were at the log in screen, can now log in again. We're working on bringing the launcher back up.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    your not getitng it bran , i cant brign the launcher up caus eyou have done somehting that wants IE 9 and its all borked

I DONT WANT IE GEE last tim ui use dit was like what version 3
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Can I respectfully suggest that the next 'ask cryptic' consist of just one question.......what are you actually doing to ensure server stability in the face of what will, predictably, be a huge rush onto the servers on LoR launch day?
  • Options
    vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My launcher came up just fine, I think they may have fixed it.
  • Options
    jaguaro70jaguaro70 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I had my Gameclient closed out completely and have gotten back in. May I say, thanks for the hard work their at Cryptic and PW. I for one am happy so far with LoR and STO. And I have been a player and then LTS for 2 years now.
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    attacking a kid or young adult whom is peeved , frustrated and upset WHOM IN THAT SITUATION WOULD never make a grammar or spelling mistake....and its often the sign of LACK of intelligence when instead of rebutting or debating WHAT he said you attack him ....why? YOU CAN'T COME UP WITH ANY FLAW IN HIS LOGIC.

Are you aware of the age of the poster? I'm not, as they didn't state it. Are you aware of my age? Doubtful, but what relevance does age have in this anyway? Where in my post was I "attacking" anyone.

As far as a flaw to their logic. They have a point. It's a shame that we all have to lose PLAYTIME for a GAME.

I never said they did not have a point, I merely noted that before attacking someone for their lack of intelligence, it might be a good idea to proofread your rant... I mean post.

Good advice, in my not-so-humble opinion.

I would also like to point out that you are "attacking me" over my post to them. WHY? WHY CAN'T YOU FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE!?!? :P

Jolan'tru

May want to look up the grammatical rules of WHOM as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    true GalanVaurek, I mean run into a bank using you right to free speech and yell bomb. see how well that goes for you. free speech isn't a pass to be belligerent or verbally abusive. you make a great point GalanVaurek.

so if i say at top of my lungs "i'm going to yell BOMB for free speech" your saying what exactly ....at worst you get a ton a people stare mean at you and at worst your now told to get out of the bank you &^$&*%^%

running round doing what you say is not what he meant nor said nor inferred BUT go on try and muddle the waters with a totally stupid illogical comment
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Matter of fact I just logged in. I never had my launcher up at all, until I just tried. I'm actually in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    daemonheld wrote: »
    Are you aware of the age of the poster? I'm not, as they didn't state it. Are you aware of my age? Doubtful, but what relevance does age have in this anyway? Where in my post was I "attacking" anyone.

As far as a flaw to their logic. They have a point. It's a shame that we all have to lose PLAYTIME for a GAME.

I never said they did not have a point, I merely noted that before attacking someone for their lack of intelligence, it might be a good idea to proofread your rant... I mean post.

Good advice, in my not-so-humble opinion.

I would also like to point out that you are "attacking me" over my post to them. WHY? WHY CAN'T YOU FOLLOW YOUR OWN ADVICE!?!? :P

Jolan'tru

and thus you wrongly assumed and im not bothering to read the rest as the argument is that people in anger and frustration make spelling mistakes go be a lawyer at work ok
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    The reason why your loader's not working is that it's calling assets that are not accessible. That's because the account 'server' is ether overloaded, or down, or both.

This is a different problem than earlier this week.

CRYPTIC is essentially running 2 betas and it's normal servers from the same cluster, using a single point of entry. It's not a 3x86 linux box hidden under one developers desk. that just got kicked - despite eviden

So they're running infrastructure that bases it's entire capacity on one flawed entry point.

It's a train to hell, except with the addition of Neverwinter and Rommy betas, it's an even bigger train that's stuck in a tunnel.
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so if i say at top of my lungs "i'm going to yell BOMB for free speech" your saying what exactly ....at worst you get a ton a people stare mean at you and at worst your now told to get out of the bank you &^$&*%^%

No, at worst, you'd be shot dead by a guard, who will be able to claim justifiable homicide.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am in the game, no lag or anything. My launcher came up seconds after double clicking the shortcut. Everything loaded as if there were no lag or anything going on at all.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    It's back up.

Oh my.
  • Options
    daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Again, there is a huge difference in shouting FIRE in a theater (or BOMB in a bank), and posting whatever you wish on a company owned gaming forum.

If you cannot see the difference, I really think you are beyond any help I could offer. Other than maybe you could read the rules as well.
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic should grant every account the "unknown item" for the LoR Beta test due to this error.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains! We're standing down from yellow alert. We'll see you in-game!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.