test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And now, live from the server room, STO engineers have engaged the (server) BUGS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgq0ecMHfzc
  • sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    I've been with this fleet for a while and have never had any issues with any of the fleet system, same experience as you, great people, great banter and a great supporting community. We never struggle with projects and the projects aren't too demanding or anything, which is why I fail to understand this persons problem with the fleet system I think it's great, the worst bit of it would be those featured projects, but they're optional anyway!

I kinda envy that. Fleet im with is...kinda lacking.
  • spudman67spudman67 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just read this in another thread.

Go Gold
    A huge perk of being a Gold Subscriber is the ability to have our own queue. We get to go to the front of the line when the queue is activated. And with all the incoming new content, there will almost certainly be a queue. While Cryptic has added to their server capacity since launch, we had queues not that long ago. Expect them for this.

Why would I be worried about being at the front of the line when the server is down. Do Gold Subscribers not have to deal with that?
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    They have taken the server down every Thursday for... a long time. As I said, the server came down today without their doing, so they might as well put the patch through now while it is down *without their doing*.

Yes, a favour... one more place for them to complain about wine, cheese, other people and anything else they can think of... A favour to whom, exactly? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smoovious wrote: »
    Someone mentioned earlier Eve's daily maintenance cycle... I know of a bunch of other games that also do a daily maintenance... garbage collection, cleanup... a fresh restart to keep things working smoothly...

Maybe STO should be doing this too... instead of letting it go until it falls down.

-- Smoov

While it would be a good option I guarantee you there'd still be people here moaning that the server's down for maint'
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bigmarine2 wrote: »
    wow think i just totally quated the wrong one haha!

I KNOW you did. :D
  • eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Neverwinter is up and running

Never played and never will play.I wanna see STO server is up.
  • adorlinadorlin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Cryptic for relegating your STO players to second class citizens. Bravo.

As a former Champions Online player: Cry me a ****ing river, you don't know what "second class" means.
  • lunateclunatec Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    otisnoble wrote: »
    Using the Lord's name in vain will not get the server up any faster

Lord Vader?
    KDF since 2/2/2010
  • demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adorlin wrote: »
    As a former Champions Online player: Cry me a ****ing river, you don't know what "second class" means.

Champions players are third class. :P
    edited May 2013
    Will there be pie?

Never ask a question you don't want to know the REAL answer to.
  • jakuza2jakuza2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Second class means Peasant ? :P
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spudman67 wrote: »
    Just read this in another thread.

Go Gold
    A huge perk of being a Gold Subscriber is the ability to have our own queue. We get to go to the front of the line when the queue is activated. And with all the incoming new content, there will almost certainly be a queue. While Cryptic has added to their server capacity since launch, we had queues not that long ago. Expect them for this.

Why would I be worried about being at the front of the line when the server is down. Do Gold Subscribers not have to deal with that?

What Commadore Bob is referencing is the fact that when a huge amount of people are trying to log into the game and the game can't fit everyone, gold members get to go in first.

That's all he's saying.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never ask a question you don't want to know the REAL answer to.

Well said -slow clap-
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic....When the Walls Fell At Tanagra:(
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I like Pie....and NO you can't Play STO!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    otisnoble wrote: »
    Using the Lord's name in vain will not get the server up any faster
    There is no way in hell that you could possible be sure of that. For all you know, the last time the server went down it would've taken 4 hours to get it back online but since a lot of folks were using the lord's name in vain....it only took 3 hours. I can'[t prove you wrong....but you can't prove me wrong either! LOL :D
    edited May 2013

Seconded, Thirded, etc etc etc.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're talking about fleets... it's not that hard to find a fleet with people you like.

Agreed and it's not hard to find fleets with divisions for different aspects of the game or fleets that focus on one aspect or another.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • jakuza2jakuza2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Over login screen, came the maintenance message window ROTFL
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What Commadore Bob is referencing is the fact that when a huge amount of people are trying to log into the game and the game can't fit everyone, gold members get to go in first.

That's all he's saying.

Which is not true. I remember the last time there was a login queue, I got in within 3 mins and my fleet mates with life time subs had to wait 15+ mins... it is really, first come first server, gold player or not.
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    I can agree it is a massive coincidence that all the Cryptic servers and games went down at once but that could be caused by something as simple as a power cut, even if they had backup generators they would take a few seconds to kick in and that alone could cause a massive problem with reboots and so on.

Not if the systems are backed up by battery; just sayin'. :cool:
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When is the server coming back up?
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Server Status Still Red :mad::mad::mad:
  • revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh well, off to play supreme commander.
  • joker13874joker13874 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nw online Sto offline...Fail
    www.confederazionestellareitaliana.com
    Premade Pvp Falchi Tricolori
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

That's all he's saying.

Except that when everyone goes gold there would still be a queu, and since I am gold I find it an awfull idea :P
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dunno about you guys, but I'm having a one girl dance party over here.. I'm rockin my apartment so hard, the neighbors came over to tell me to turn it down or they'll call the cops.

LOL, I had no idea the music was that loud..

Also, reading these posts is very amusing! :D
  • ishapza1ishapza1 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    UGH this is as bad as earth spacedock zone chat

Bite your tongue! No one has tried to sell anything, advertised or been showing off their goods.

Yet...
  • tjkinotjkino Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no service why ???????????????????
This discussion has been closed.