test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol, I was a sheltered child. Well, if by 'sheltered' you mean kept locked in a closet. :D

That's ok. Soon a giant man will show up to take you off to "wizard school."
  • Options
    lunateclunatec Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bring the server up fast so I don't have to resort to TRIBBLE
    KDF since 2/2/2010
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vhyle wrote: »
    I love the fleet I was invited to. KHG, one of the best communities to be in, imo. 8 total fleets, 3 of which are Federation. They are great people, too. I joined just today, but they have been some fun people to chat with.

I've been with this fleet for a while and have never had any issues with any of the fleet system, same experience as you, great people, great banter and a great supporting community. We never struggle with projects and the projects aren't too demanding or anything, which is why I fail to understand this persons problem with the fleet system I think it's great, the worst bit of it would be those featured projects, but they're optional anyway!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    spender007spender007 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    As B-Flakes said, since the server is already down, they are putting though Thursday's patch.

Or deploying a roll back of the previous one.

Either way it's a bit pony
  • Options
    calistobradycalistobrady Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's about right....
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    Neverwinter is up and running

Yep up and running like a heavy smoker in the middle of july :) LOL
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattdecker wrote: »
    Christ I don't even know what to say anymore.once again I was in the middle of khitmoer elite and literally 30 seconds from kicking donatras TRIBBLE all over the map and the &^*%&*$&% game goes down again.my god I wonder whats worse,the server going down or the f*cktards that I was stuck playing it with.this is the second time in the last few days that I can remember this happening.i was really hoping after a long day at work unwinding with a few hours of trek but that got flushed down the sh*tter real quick.its a good thing I love trek so much or I would just say TRIBBLE it anyway.have a great day cryptic!!

Using the Lord's name in vain will not get the server up any faster
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bigmarine2 wrote: »
    It doesnt that stuck me as funny and Ooorah is is something stat we say in the Marines or did till i broke my ankle last year and got boot because thay dont have enough money to fix broke D!##s

wow think i just totally quated the wrong one haha!
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Does anyone else find it annoying that the server has been down for over 2 hours.......they decided to do the Thurs Patch...and I have yet to find a post anywhere on the Official STO Website?

Only Facebook.
  • Options
    doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes please bring the server up so he doesn't have to resort to those measures
  • Options
    alphadarkwolf666alphadarkwolf666 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jetwtf wrote: »
    fourth time within a week, looks like NW is going to ruin STO because of this.

Hey..don't blame NW, it's the fault of cheapass PW using the same servers for more then one game. I mean what did they think would happen, things would just run perfectly. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Destroy the enemy, just save some for me!
  • Options
    jakuza2jakuza2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So, a beta server is the first ?
  • Options
    demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thank you Cryptic for relegating your STO players to second class citizens. Bravo.
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's ok. Soon a giant man will show up to take you off to "wizard school."

Will there be pie?
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    deezy611deezy611 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    While this may be true there's still no confirmation that these errors stop at Cryptic, it could be a service provider or something that's causing the problem, I don't know so I don't complain.

I understand your point and agree completely but to put it in similar terms if your satellite dish stops working you don't moan at your TV manufacturer. Until you know for certain it is a problem caused purely by Cryptic, then complain at them, if they aren't willing to tell you complain at them for that.

Here's the problem I have with your analogy: if your TV goes out repeatedly and you're still under warranty (whether it be the warranty that was included with the TV that you paid for or an extended warranty that you paid for), you do moan at your TV manufacturer. If your satellite dish stops working then you moan at your satellite provider (whose service - you guessed it - you paid for.)

The only way you can not hold Cryptic accountable (if you're paying them) is if your lack of connectivity is due to circumstances that aren't affecting the entire community. My stance on these outages used to be as simple as "I gave them money, I expect uptime" but this is uncharted territory for me (paying for something that I can also get for free, and having it break repeatedly on me). Things aren't so black-and-white for me now...but I will say that Cryptic is going to have to start treating this like a business if they have long-term plans for it. That means SDLC, change control, accountability, the whole nine. I think that the suits at Cryptic understand this (if they don't then Cryptic needs some new suits.)

Free-to-play or not - if you want your project to be anything more than a flash in the pan, you have to start looking at things differently when you start accepting payment from your customer base in any form. Call them (myself included, if this qualifies) whiners all you want, but perception is everything - and negative perception from paying customers ain't gonna keep the lights on.
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And now, live from the server room, STO engineers have engaged the (server) BUGS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgq0ecMHfzc
  • Options
    doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lunatec wrote: »
    bring The Server Up Fast So I Don't Have To Resort To TRIBBLE

Roflol Lmao Omfg
  • Options
    sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    I've been with this fleet for a while and have never had any issues with any of the fleet system, same experience as you, great people, great banter and a great supporting community. We never struggle with projects and the projects aren't too demanding or anything, which is why I fail to understand this persons problem with the fleet system I think it's great, the worst bit of it would be those featured projects, but they're optional anyway!

I kinda envy that. Fleet im with is...kinda lacking.
  • Options
    spudman67spudman67 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just read this in another thread.

Go Gold
    A huge perk of being a Gold Subscriber is the ability to have our own queue. We get to go to the front of the line when the queue is activated. And with all the incoming new content, there will almost certainly be a queue. While Cryptic has added to their server capacity since launch, we had queues not that long ago. Expect them for this.

Why would I be worried about being at the front of the line when the server is down. Do Gold Subscribers not have to deal with that?
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    They have taken the server down every Thursday for... a long time. As I said, the server came down today without their doing, so they might as well put the patch through now while it is down *without their doing*.

Yes, a favour... one more place for them to complain about wine, cheese, other people and anything else they can think of... A favour to whom, exactly? O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smoovious wrote: »
    Someone mentioned earlier Eve's daily maintenance cycle... I know of a bunch of other games that also do a daily maintenance... garbage collection, cleanup... a fresh restart to keep things working smoothly...

Maybe STO should be doing this too... instead of letting it go until it falls down.

-- Smoov

While it would be a good option I guarantee you there'd still be people here moaning that the server's down for maint'
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bigmarine2 wrote: »
    wow think i just totally quated the wrong one haha!

I KNOW you did. :D
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Never played and never will play.I wanna see STO server is up.
  • Options
    adorlinadorlin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Cryptic for relegating your STO players to second class citizens. Bravo.

As a former Champions Online player: Cry me a ****ing river, you don't know what "second class" means.
  • Options
    lunateclunatec Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    otisnoble wrote: »
    Using the Lord's name in vain will not get the server up any faster

Lord Vader?
    KDF since 2/2/2010
  • Options
    demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adorlin wrote: »
    As a former Champions Online player: Cry me a ****ing river, you don't know what "second class" means.

Champions players are third class. :P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Will there be pie?

Never ask a question you don't want to know the REAL answer to.
  • Options
    jakuza2jakuza2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    adorlin wrote: »

Second class means Peasant ? :P
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spudman67 wrote: »
    Just read this in another thread.

Go Gold
    A huge perk of being a Gold Subscriber is the ability to have our own queue. We get to go to the front of the line when the queue is activated. And with all the incoming new content, there will almost certainly be a queue. While Cryptic has added to their server capacity since launch, we had queues not that long ago. Expect them for this.

Why would I be worried about being at the front of the line when the server is down. Do Gold Subscribers not have to deal with that?

What Commadore Bob is referencing is the fact that when a huge amount of people are trying to log into the game and the game can't fit everyone, gold members get to go in first.

That's all he's saying.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Never ask a question you don't want to know the REAL answer to.

Well said -slow clap-
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
This discussion has been closed.