test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• Options
    punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so why am I getting red server status right now

the tribble is dead and the klingon stopped running on the big wheel
    :rolleyes:
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3rd sever crash in the past week or so. I think some sort of reward should be given for this, doesn't need to be anything big, just some dil to make up for the dil we missed out on, or maybe a doff or an item or anything. This looks really bad and something is needed to help make up for it.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smoovious wrote: »
    Someone mentioned earlier Eve's daily maintenance cycle... I know of a bunch of other games that also do a daily maintenance... garbage collection, cleanup... a fresh restart to keep things working smoothly...

Maybe STO should be doing this too... instead of letting it go until it falls down.

-- Smoov

LOL. Can you seriously imagine the nerdrage we'd get on the forums if we had daily maintenance? Even if it was for only an hour? No thanks, I'll take the odd blowup every now and again over that mess :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vhyle wrote: »
    You called?

http://http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?favorite&image_id=1971083&member&np

I play an Orion Female, which is why I answered your call..

Now that would keep my starship humming reason why I suggested to shuttle them in!
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry folks, the new hamster arrives today. It's Tuesday.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the End it is the apocalypse ahhh run and hide.:eek:
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so why am I getting red server status right now

Because Cryptic Nuked the Shark and Jumped the Fridge and killed the hamsters.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, but the problem is the current system forces people to have to deal with people they have nothing in common with except having to be forced into the same grind with them.

The missing element is a design that bases a system around player skill and types of areas of the game whether it be ground or space combat as well and alleviate some of the more horrid parts of it. I know quite a few people trying to organize communities just to be trolled out by some of the ppl you are referring to.
    If you're talking about fleets... it's not that hard to find a fleet with people you like.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the tribble is dead and the klingon stopped running on the big wheel
    :rolleyes:

find a Gorn make him run
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    dukhatnaranekdukhatnaranek Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nova2284 wrote: »
    A thousand Attack ships of the Dominion descend upon you. Our Warbrids will block out the Servers! Then we will fight in the ....

Another game?
  • Options
    metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    I think it's taken to page 68 before we got one of these troll posts! Well done community!

Look before you leap! I am patching dummy!
  • Options
    spender007spender007 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Star Trek Offline: Into Darkness

lmfao

priceless
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    LOL. Can you seriously imagine the nerdrage we'd get on the forums if we had daily maintenance? Even if it was for only an hour? No thanks, I'll take the odd blowup every now and again over that mess :D

I did that for a while P
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Darn. Tribble is down too :(
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^^^^^^^ This, all my this. :D

Hehee, glad I'm not alone on that one!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    briggers810briggers810 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is annoying, as I was looking forwards to testing out the stuff I could do now, having just gotten to Level 50/Vice Admiral & having brought an Odyssey-Class Tactical Cruiser from the C-Store. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you're talking about fleets... it's not that hard to find a fleet with people you like.

dont worry, a troll started this rant early in the server down thread......he just needs someone to rub his belly :rolleyes:
  • Options
    boeljoetboeljoet Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    :confused:soooo... does anyone have an expected time when the servers will be back online?? :confused:
  • Options
    lunateclunatec Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if anyone on the support staff could possibly let us know what is going on. Holy TRIBBLE.
    KDF since 2/2/2010
  • Options
    spender007spender007 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    I got DC'd just now and it's stuck on the usual "Connecting to the account server".

Anyone else?

there's now a patch ppl
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ahhhhh PWE, your games need separated network hubs if you ever want them to be smooth and desirable player experiences....
  • Options
    doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    YEA SURE GO AHEAD AND LAUNCH legacy OF ROMULAS EARLY
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lunatec wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone on the support staff could possibly let us know what is going on. Holy TRIBBLE.

Thy can, they won't. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am disabled, living in an assisted living facility. I use STO as a way to keep my mind active. So yes down times are inconvenient and frustrating but I am grateful for the chance to play this great game and so I can put up with the downtime because I love the game. Oh, by the way, I am also a lifetime subscriber.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    boeljoet wrote: »
    :confused:soooo... does anyone have an expected time when the servers will be back online?? :confused:

try june no mid june after the crazy big dump that will come right after the 21st
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me make a prediction.

Dev posts something on this.

Followed by 3 posts of "thank you"

Followed by 60 pages of RAAAAAARRRGGHHH

Followed by people wondering why the devs are telling us nothing.
  • Options
    captdeathmadcaptdeathmad Member Posts: 15
    edited May 2013
    Shields = 100%
    Engines = 92%
    Server Uptime = 0%

Press F to respawn
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chris919uk wrote: »
    Actually I draw Andorian ladies. I like the Antenna. Whoops way too much information. Back to Star Trek Online....er eventually. :D

Hahaha

Look at what you're doing Cryptic, you're causing us to reveal personal information on the internet!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kintisho wrote: »
    Ahhhhh PWE, your games need separated network hubs if you ever want them to be smooth and desirable player experiences....

but that kills them from saving money.....to buy equipment would cost them money, but they would make more money if they had happy players/customers :rolleyes:
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    otisnoble wrote: »
    I am disabled, living in an assisted living facility. I use STO as a way to keep my mind active. So yes down times are inconvenient and frustrating but I am grateful for the chance to play this great game and so I can put up with the downtime because I love the game. Oh, by the way, I am also a lifetime subscriber.

+1 to you. *applause* :)
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
This discussion has been closed.