test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• Options
    nova2284nova2284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shields = 100%
    Engines = 92%
    Server Uptime = 0%

Press F to respawn

priceless....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DELTA RISING FIXS THERE NEVER COMING WHY I'M I WASTING MY TIME ASKING FOR THEM ???
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    revalah wrote: »
    Let me make a prediction.

Dev posts something on this.

Followed by 3 posts of "thank you"

Followed by 60 pages of RAAAAAARRRGGHHH

Followed by people wondering why the devs are telling us nothing.

Congratulations. You've just received an A in your Pattern Recognition class.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some times it still feals like Beta testing lol.:D
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    ...or perhaps we could have an NPC jj abrams we can SLAP
    I'd accept that mission!
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    ironside78ironside78 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ahhhhhhhhhhh still red
  • Options
    starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think that cryptic should just forget the launch of season 8,because the closer we get to it the worse it is
  • Options
    horkathanehorkathane Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Think its much bigger than that. Could not even access the startrekonline domain
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Legendary Horka Thane
    1999 Tribes 1
    Infamous TurreNt Camp ( if you dont know you are not Legendary )
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let me make a prediction.

Dev posts something on this.

Followed by 3 posts of "thank you"

Followed by 60 pages of RAAAAAARRRGGHHH

Followed by people wondering why the devs are telling us nothing.

Ummm, I hate to get technical but usually a prediction comes before the thing being predicted, that's more of a postdiction. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They went ahead and did Thursday's patch? Yeah, because a Thursday morning when many people are at work in the U.S. is a more important time than prime time in the U.S. :\

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    ixalmarisixalmaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lunatec wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone on the support staff could possibly let us know what is going on. Holy TRIBBLE.

According to the release notes board, they are using this unexpected downtime for weekly maintenance. So it will likely stay down for another hour or more.
  • Options
    doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Burpppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfomega wrote: »
    They went ahead and did Thursday's patch? Yeah, because a Thursday morning when many people are at work in the U.S. is a more important time than prime time in the U.S. :\

Well, it's always prime time somewhere. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tfomega wrote: »

No, the server went down unexpectedly. They did a favor by putting the patch through while the server is already down.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ummm, I hate to get technical but usually a prediction comes before the thing being predicted, that's more of a postdiction. ;)

Just looking forward to when the Devs say something again ;)
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish there was some text message alert we could sign up for that would announce server up and down status. I keep running down to the computer to check, and it is bumming me out. :)
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How to deal w/ server & network gremlins:

http://www.hark.com/clips/vstqjpdgcn-nuke-em
  • Options
    midnighttangomidnighttango Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, the launch page comes up..the server shows RED, yet for some reason we are PATCHING? I would still like to hear from Cryptic on this.
    MIDNIGHTTANGO
    RENEGADE CONTINUUM Div.1 FLEET COMMAND
  • Options
    mattdeckermattdecker Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Christ I don't even know what to say anymore.once again I was in the middle of khitmoer elite and literally 30 seconds from kicking donatras TRIBBLE all over the map and the &^*%&*$&% game goes down again.my god I wonder whats worse,the server going down or the f*cktards that I was stuck playing it with.this is the second time in the last few days that I can remember this happening.i was really hoping after a long day at work unwinding with a few hours of trek but that got flushed down the sh*tter real quick.its a good thing I love trek so much or I would just say TRIBBLE it anyway.have a great day cryptic!!
  • Options
    gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    #1- I didn't start it, he was the first to try and label me a troll.
    #2- I back up everything I say with meaning and clear explaination.
    #3- If you were not biased, you'd have referred your comment to the real originator of the namecalling.

And since I have no intention of being criticized for a making a point and proving it true, this will be my last word on the trolling topic, which is his - the real troll's - idea to derail the original issue of finding solutions for real in-game detriments on the fleet system.

#1- Whoever starts is irrelevant, and using the same dirty tricks as somoene else doesn't make them any less dirty.

#2- That's the definition of an opinion, not a fact. An opinion by definition is personal, you can't expect everyone to agree with it.

#3- I don't think I am biased, because I could care less about the topic. I saw the post quoted in your reply and responded to your response to that post. Of course, that is just my opinion.

Now, onto making a point and proving it true, I am sorry, but you have not proved anything at all. You made an assumption, and provided your reasons for making that assumption, doesn't mean your right by default though unfortunately;).
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Burpppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!

who died and made you president?
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So what else are people doing to grind, because that's all this game is. Grinding their TEETH?
  • Options
    sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just looking forward to when the Devs say something again ;)

Now if the patch actually fixed the many issues ....

Wait, it doesn't.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, the launch page comes up..the server shows RED, yet for some reason we are PATCHING? I would still like to hear from Cryptic on this.

As B-Flakes said, since the server is already down, they are putting though Thursday's patch.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    kirkson2kirkson2 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well the .. wait hes right how can we patch with server down:eek:
    Klingons smell worse than wookies:D
  • Options
    starwheelerstarwheeler Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    haaa! got it they just got trap in a black hole!!:)x
  • Options
    solochrissolochris Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well i was on neverwinter when this whole system crash thing hit, at least i can get into the forums on here, Can't even get to the forums on neverwinter. I'll just see which one comes back first and log into that i guess.
  • Options
    thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattdecker wrote: »
    Christ I don't even know what to say anymore.once again I was in the middle of khitmoer elite and literally 30 seconds from kicking donatras TRIBBLE all over the map and the &^*%&*$&% game goes down again.my god I wonder whats worse,the server going down or the f*cktards that I was stuck playing it with.this is the second time in the last few days that I can remember this happening.

Ah yes, I remember when I was a thirteen year old just learning how to swear as well....
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • Options
    xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kpg1usa wrote: »
    How to deal w/ server & network gremlins:

More like LITTLE FAIRIES with a little sprinkle on top to fight these network gremlins.

lol:D
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • Options
    doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    UGH this is as bad as earth spacedock zone chat
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sardiajax wrote: »
    While i can understand your points, unfortunately they do not make sense.

Cryptic runs this game, with perfect world as a "publisher" as it were. Thus, bottom line, no matter what the problem is, the fault, and the solution, lies with Cryptic. It is in essence their service. I'm not blaming my computer, or my wife or the weather...thus your analogy of the satelite and tv is kinda...off.

Frankly, i don't give a sh*t WHAT the issue is. Server problems, data bottleneck with EVERYTHING running on 1 backbone, the recent hiring of a rather clitzy monkey...it doesnt matter. MY responsibility in this particular venture is to provide the requested capital, which i do every month, and then some with Zen purchases. Said providers responsibility is to provide a service on a reliable basis. Again, sh*t happens, fubars occur, i get that. NOTHINGS perfect. However, thats why you employ professionals to fix said fubars, and do their best to prevent them as much as they can.

I've been playing about 2 months. Before this week, i had no complaints. Sure, a few random disconnects, whooptie do, i get it, hicups happen. But with the release of this NW beta, the sto server, and EVERYTHING else (ALL of Cryptics services are down when this happens), has gone from a pretty stable environment, to utter and pure random dumping chaos.

End story, it needs to be fixed. If not, and in cases like this if the paying customers are not kept in the loop, then profits will decline. Plain and simple. I would LOVE to be better informed as to what's happening....i would be more forgiving then. But..*shrugs* i guess we can wait and see. All i know, if things do not improve soon, or more disclosure is forthcoming, my money will go elsewhere.

What I was saying is say the ISP for Cryptic's building went down then it's not Cryptic's fault, it could be something like that.

I can agree it is a massive coincidence that all the Cryptic servers and games went down at once but that could be caused by something as simple as a power cut, even if they had backup generators they would take a few seconds to kick in and that alone could cause a massive problem with reboots and so on.

That is all I'm getting at, while all the things going on do point to Cryptic it may be something beyond that.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
This discussion has been closed.