test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• birkepbirkep Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patched tribble a couple weeks ago, now just a 4.2G patch. Wonder if there will be a beta reward.
  • punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Alot of people say things they can't back up. Normally they get away with it, until they meet someone like me who knows exactly what he's saying and how to deal with trolls like you.

#1- It's not a rant but a discussion thread to raise awareness on detrimental practices and find solutions while we are all waiting for servers to get back up.

#2- By your words I can tell a thousand miles away you are aggressive and talking without knowing the subject you are talking about. Proof: I never mentioned anything about buuilding starbases in my original post, so you totally spun that out of thin air to make yourself look like a know-all, but phony. Even I don't use those tricks, which I consider to be for the stupid.

#3- I've given you no cause for acting aggressive, aside from engaging in a discussion about solving real issues that are problematic in the fleet section - Not my fleet. That you choose to respond with a snide remark like asking derogatively the name of my fleet to add to your black list. If you even have the intelligence to read this far, that attitude of response only displays your lack of tolerance for discussing issues you don't agree with calmly.

Hey, you wanted to pick on someone, you got what you asked for. :cool:

oh I'm sorry were you speaking to me after i logged off for a bit......brave man to talk behind anothers back.....like i said, go back to playing WoW or just shut your hole since this thread was about the server down, so with you injecting your rant over random invites to your fleet being rejected, you're the troll and you love the attention......you remind me of my dog, give it attention and it never stops asking for it please join the real world and look for a job of state employee that works at the DMV.....
    :P
  • katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GD this is getting old, maybe I should go play SWTOR for a few weeks...:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    I'm still struggling to see what is detrimental about the fleet system.

I love the fleet I was invited to. KHG, one of the best communities to be in, imo. 8 total fleets, 3 of which are Federation. They are great people, too. I joined just today, but they have been some fun people to chat with.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sapyroth wrote: »
    This is so pathetic it's actually freaking hilarious. Never ever have I've witnessed such incompetence. What did they do on the maintenance day? After it the latency was even worst.

The structure the game runs on does not work. Change it. Fire the person who is responsible for this. There are a lot of people in dire need of jobs and I'm positive there are hundreds more capable of doing this job properly, more efficiently and most importantly, not doing it with their head up their TRIBBLE.

Some one who got to the launcher told me... once again.. that there is no warning on the launcher. Just the nice little red dot. God this company is a well oiled machine. Professional people everywhere.

You should be ashamed for letting this keep going like this.

I'm praying to the gaming gods that some "Professional" company buys this wonderful and prospective game up to the last tiny bit. Tired of this amateur hour.

Incompetence coupled with greed will eventually be the downfall of this game.
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    birkep wrote: »
    Patched tribble a couple weeks ago, now just a 4.2G patch. Wonder if there will be a beta reward.

A couple of weeks ago? You've missed out on a lot man, not surprised you have such a huge patch :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • nova2284nova2284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Our Warbrids will block out the Servers.

A thousand Attack ships of the Dominion descend upon you. Our Warbrids will block out the Servers! Then we will fight in the ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DELTA RISING FIXS THERE NEVER COMING WHY I'M I WASTING MY TIME ASKING FOR THEM ???
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acavallo wrote: »
    We have a Winner. That made me laugh. Nice.

i might even put that on FB thats awesome!
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • midnighttangomidnighttango Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless I missed it, all I am concerned about is what Cryptic has to say about this and what are the updates. I am also wondering if Cryptic has some kind of ETA concerning this issue and what has been causing all the abrupt DC's this past week.
    MIDNIGHTTANGO
    RENEGADE CONTINUUM Div.1 FLEET COMMAND
  • ishapza1ishapza1 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek Offline: Into Darkness

AAAaaaaand the Tribble for the best comic relief in forum goes too... :D
  • smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone mentioned earlier Eve's daily maintenance cycle... I know of a bunch of other games that also do a daily maintenance... garbage collection, cleanup... a fresh restart to keep things working smoothly...

Maybe STO should be doing this too... instead of letting it go until it falls down.

-- Smoov
  • doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so why am I getting red server status right now
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have a reward idea:

Launch Legacy of Romulus early!

and not after the movie.......

you do this for marketing not development clearly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GD this is getting old, maybe I should go play SWTOR for a few weeks...:mad:

Might as well dress up as a jedi in real life and play Wow because there isn't much of a difference.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2013

the tribble is dead and the klingon stopped running on the big wheel
    :rolleyes:
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3rd sever crash in the past week or so. I think some sort of reward should be given for this, doesn't need to be anything big, just some dil to make up for the dil we missed out on, or maybe a doff or an item or anything. This looks really bad and something is needed to help make up for it.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    smoovious wrote: »
    Someone mentioned earlier Eve's daily maintenance cycle... I know of a bunch of other games that also do a daily maintenance... garbage collection, cleanup... a fresh restart to keep things working smoothly...

Maybe STO should be doing this too... instead of letting it go until it falls down.

-- Smoov

LOL. Can you seriously imagine the nerdrage we'd get on the forums if we had daily maintenance? Even if it was for only an hour? No thanks, I'll take the odd blowup every now and again over that mess :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • bgd3183bgd3183 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    vhyle wrote: »
    You called?

http://http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?favorite&image_id=1971083&member&np

I play an Orion Female, which is why I answered your call..

Now that would keep my starship humming reason why I suggested to shuttle them in!
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't worry folks, the new hamster arrives today. It's Tuesday.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is the End it is the apocalypse ahhh run and hide.:eek:
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because Cryptic Nuked the Shark and Jumped the Fridge and killed the hamsters.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, but the problem is the current system forces people to have to deal with people they have nothing in common with except having to be forced into the same grind with them.

The missing element is a design that bases a system around player skill and types of areas of the game whether it be ground or space combat as well and alleviate some of the more horrid parts of it. I know quite a few people trying to organize communities just to be trolled out by some of the ppl you are referring to.
    If you're talking about fleets... it's not that hard to find a fleet with people you like.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the tribble is dead and the klingon stopped running on the big wheel
    :rolleyes:

find a Gorn make him run
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • dukhatnaranekdukhatnaranek Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nova2284 wrote: »
    A thousand Attack ships of the Dominion descend upon you. Our Warbrids will block out the Servers! Then we will fight in the ....

Another game?
  • metaphorgrandemetaphorgrande Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    I think it's taken to page 68 before we got one of these troll posts! Well done community!

Look before you leap! I am patching dummy!
  • spender007spender007 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek Offline: Into Darkness

lmfao

priceless
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    LOL. Can you seriously imagine the nerdrage we'd get on the forums if we had daily maintenance? Even if it was for only an hour? No thanks, I'll take the odd blowup every now and again over that mess :D

I did that for a while P
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ^^^^^^^ This, all my this. :D

Hehee, glad I'm not alone on that one!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Darn. Tribble is down too :(
  • briggers810briggers810 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is annoying, as I was looking forwards to testing out the stuff I could do now, having just gotten to Level 50/Vice Admiral & having brought an Odyssey-Class Tactical Cruiser from the C-Store. :(
This discussion has been closed.