test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bigmarine2 wrote: »
    I said it once and i'll say it again if this keep up i'm going back to SWTOR for about a month then i will bome back and see how things are working

As someone said, "Why does everyone keep threatening to get on the Titanic of MMOs?" Now, I haven't played SWTOR to see what it is like. But from what I've heard, I don't see why you are warning you hop onto it. :confused:
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    dukhatnaranekdukhatnaranek Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    or perhaps we could have an NPC jj abrams we can SLAP

I fully support this suggestion.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    I'm already done.

Damn. The most interesting thing to happen in an hour and it's already over. I'm bored again.

Just wait they will become used to this and they will shut down the forums and load up facebook games or something to play instead of the game we are talking about which would be an enigma in itself to play a game while waiting for a game.
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    I am too, but we still have the red light. :(

Yeah same. Space traffic lights eh?!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    unclereekyunclereeky Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
    Hi Captains,"

"While the team is working to bring up all Cryptic services, we will conduct this week's Holodeck maintenance to avoid scheduled downtime on Thursday."

"Patch note:

Focus target should now work on the french client again."

"Cheers,

Brandon =/\="

How long was the scheduled maintenance for Thursday supposed to be?
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ishapza1 wrote: »
    Nope, still got the evil red light and no patching going on either.

I can never seem to catch that tiny red dot @_@"
  • Options
    starjumpersixstarjumpersix Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

*Shines laser pointer at the floor...FOR SCIENCE!*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sup?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i think your right id like some back :D but dont see that happening

Misquote?!
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maybe we should rename this game:

Neverserviced

to go along with

Neverwinter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    sollvax wrote: »
    or perhaps we could have an NPC jj abrams we can SLAP

Sollvax, this will probably be the first, last, and only time I'll say it, but...

I agree with you!
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2013
    wulfed wrote: »
    So does this mean 4 hours?

NOPE, This means 4 hrs :D .............

Hello Captains,

In preparation for an upcoming patch to the Tribble Test Server, as well as Open Beta (to be announced very soon), we will be performing a character wipe on Tribble today.

While we don't do this often, it is required for today's maintenance to clean up existing Romulan characters that would become unplayable due to today's patch. THERE WILL NOT BE A CHARACTER WIPE ON HOLODECK WHEN WE LAUNCH LEGACY OF ROMULUS.

You will still be able to import your Holodeck characters after this is completed, and players who are in our Closed Beta will be able to create a new Romulan and/or Klingon* character. We will be opening up full Romulan and Klingon* missions, episodes, events and level 1-50 progression with today's patch to our Closed Beta participants.

[Attention Tribble Foundry Authors!] All Foundry Missions on Tribble will also be deleted in this maintenance. THERE WILL NOT BE A FOUNDRY MISSION WIPE ON HOLODECK WHEN WE LAUNCH LEGACY OF ROMULUS.

Thanks for your understanding, and we sincerely appreciate all of the feedback and bug reports received thus far. We look forward to reading the new reports that are received after today's patch.

We'll see you on Tribble!

-The Star Trek Online Team

----

*Klingon creation and gameplay may not be unlocked at the same exact time that Tribble comes back up, but we will message when it does.

Oh Boy levels 1-50 now if only legacy and the c-store were unlocked :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2-4 hours, from 430 EST
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »

Just beware if it moves to the center of your forehead.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gr4v1t4r wrote: »
    Except you called him a troll and then played on the man, making judgements you can't back up.

Poor form sir, poor.

#1- I didn't start it, he was the first to try and label me a troll.
    #2- I back up everything I say with meaning and clear explaination.
    #3- If you were not biased, you'd have referred your comment to the real originator of the namecalling.

And since I have no intention of being criticized for a making a point and proving it true, this will be my last word on the trolling topic, which is his - the real troll's - idea to derail the original issue of finding solutions for real in-game detriments on the fleet system.
  • Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope you folks realize that the red light on the launcher will not go green even after the servers come back up. You have to close the launcher and reopen it or the light will stay RED. fyi :)
  • Options
    coldfusion2012coldfusion2012 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The last few weeks my time on the game has been limited due too RL being busy and the few times i get peace and quiet from my kids and wife not nagging about me being on here and server is down 3 times inside 2 weeks and there most prob more than that as i have not been online much so is the server gonna be fixed anytime soon or should i just go to bed :(
    IT'S WORSE THAN THAT IT'S A GAME JIM
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    jake477 wrote: »
    maybe we should rename this game:

Neverserviced

to go along with

Neverwinter

Star Trek Offline will do.
  • Options
    deezy611deezy611 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Those people, like me, also know that the game is susceptible at any given time to go down, with or without reason.

How do "those people" (myself included) "know" this? Is it in the terms of service (if there is a TOS), or are you being practical/realistic? (Not starting a fight, I seriously want to know if there's no expectation of availability. Perhaps it's what one should expect when they pay for F2P?)
    wufangchu wrote: »
    in the past month i'v payed cryptic over 250 dollars, and I'm F2P.. Please dont accuse me of not supporting cryptic or STO simply because i dont subscribe.

I don't think anyone was accusing you...I think they were being objective. I think.
  • Options
    revalahrevalah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just wait they will become used to this and they will shut down the forums and load up facebook games or something to play instead of the game we are talking about which would be an enigma in itself to play a game while waiting for a game.

You could be playing Eve Online, where you would be planing a game WHILE playing a game.

(Eve vets know what I'm talking about.)
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Star Trek Offline: Into Darkness
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    vhyle wrote: »
    You called?

http://http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?favorite&image_id=1971083&member&np

I play an Orion Female, which is why I answered your call..

Bah, if I was this artistic I'd probably be too busy drawing Andorians to ever leave the house... Oh wait
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

• Options
    dukhatnaranekdukhatnaranek Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Somehow I find this tweet highly amusing. https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame/status/331896373983211521
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Our Warbrids will block out the Servers.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    darpink wrote: »
    I hope you folks realize that the red light on the launcher will not go green even after the servers come back up. You have to close the launcher and reopen it or the light will stay RED. fyi :)

I thought most people learned that the hard way within a week of downloading. O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes I am getting red server status but no indicator of a update being done
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Our Warbrids will block out the Servers.

Then we will complain in the threads. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, no no. You guys, it's like this:

Star Trek Offline

Neveronline

Champions: This game still exists??

Gotta use the proper names here yo.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    deezy611 wrote: »
    How do "those people" (myself included) "know" this? Is it in the terms of service (if there is a TOS), or are you being practical/realistic? (Not starting a fight, I seriously want to know if there's no expectation of availability. Perhaps it's what one should expect when they pay for F2P?)

I am not a computer technician or engineer or anything llike that in any way, but I can tell you that a live game on the internet will never be 100% certain to stay up 100% of the time. Electronics, wireless things, and the internet in general work that way. There is always the possibility of an online service coming down.
  • Options
    demonstormukdemonstormuk Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Bah, if I was this artistic I'd probably be too busy drawing Andorians to ever leave the house... Oh wait

^^^^^^^ This, all my this. :D
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought most people learned that the hard way within a week of downloading. O.o

You expect them to LEARN??

BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
This discussion has been closed.