test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All Cryptic Games and Services Down - 7 May (RESOLVED!)

Comments

• Options
    darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought most people learned that the hard way within a week of downloading. O.o
    So did I! LOL
    But I see people saying "the light is still Red"....so I guess we're wrong.
  • Options
    acavalloacavallo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand that ever since the new game hit the servers, which aren't on the same server as STO... we keep crashing for Longggggg periods of time. So... one would be illogical to assume they aren't on the same server. If the servers "canna handle the strain Cap't"... already... we are in for a bumpy ride when Legacy is released and everyone and their brother is trying to level up new Romulans. -Sighs- :(
  • Options
    captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Star Trek Offline: Into Darkness

this post wins this thread.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • Options
    perfectcrypticperfectcryptic Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thought I was used to the constant unscheduled downtime when the actual game and subsequent seasons went live but I never was... this way I will be well prepared for not being able to play game before and after any new season :D I think you need to fit two or three more in before LOR.
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If only this was the Mirror Universe

The servers would be running

People would give feedback

and

Neverwinter would have never existed (no one cares to be a Elf Lord anymore)

and we would be in game.......

or something of that effect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    As someone said, "Why does everyone keep threatening to get on the Titanic of MMOs?" Now, I haven't played SWTOR to see what it is like. But from what I've heard, I don't see why you are warning you hop onto it. :confused:[/QUOTE

I joined the darkside and quit this when it came out its was great for about 2 months but its gets very annoying when you level up all NPCs level up 3 times and stupid stuff like that so when i herd about the Romies getting an Expan i came back but it was bad timing i should have waited another few months
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    auriciusauricius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

ROFL Hilarious! :D
  • Options
    seabee22ndseabee22nd Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i patched it but its still down, what gives
  • Options
    sapyrothsapyroth Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is so pathetic it's actually freaking hilarious. Never ever have I've witnessed such incompetence. What did they do on the maintenance day? After it the latency was even worst.

The structure the game runs on does not work. Change it. Fire the person who is responsible for this. There are a lot of people in dire need of jobs and I'm positive there are hundreds more capable of doing this job properly, more efficiently and most importantly, not doing it with their head up their TRIBBLE.

Some one who got to the launcher told me... once again.. that there is no warning on the launcher. Just the nice little red dot. God this company is a well oiled machine. Professional people everywhere.

You should be ashamed for letting this keep going like this.

I'm praying to the gaming gods that some "Professional" company buys this wonderful and prospective game up to the last tiny bit. Tired of this amateur hour.
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You expect them to LEARN??

BWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

... fair point... :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    #1- I didn't start it, he was the first to try and label me a troll.
    #2- I back up everything I say with meaning and clear explaination.
    #3- If you were not biased, you'd have referred your comment to the real originator of the namecalling.

And since I have no intention of being criticized for a making a point and proving it true, this will be my last word on the trolling topic, which is his - the real troll's - idea to derail the original issue of finding solutions for real in-game detriments on the fleet system.

I'm still struggling to see what is detrimental about the fleet system.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • Options
    chris919ukchris919uk Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    irwin109 wrote: »
    Bah, if I was this artistic I'd probably be too busy drawing Andorians to ever leave the house... Oh wait

Actually I draw Andorian ladies. I like the Antenna. Whoops way too much information. Back to Star Trek Online....er eventually. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You have not experienced Shakespeare until you have read him in the original Klingon, taH pagh, taH be"
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    #1- I didn't start it, he was the first to try and label me a troll.
    #2- I back up everything I say with meaning and clear explaination.
    #3- If you were not biased, you'd have referred your comment to the real originator of the namecalling.

And since I have no intention of being criticized for a making a point and proving it true, this will be my last word on the trolling topic, which is his - the real troll's - idea to derail the original issue of finding solutions for real in-game detriments on the fleet system.

Yeah, but the problem is the current system forces people to have to deal with people they have nothing in common with except having to be forced into the same grind with them.

The missing element is a design that bases a system around player skill and types of areas of the game whether it be ground or space combat as well and alleviate some of the more horrid parts of it. I know quite a few people trying to organize communities just to be trolled out by some of the ppl you are referring to.
  • Options
    sardiajaxsardiajax Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    While this may be true there's still no confirmation that these errors stop at Cryptic, it could be a service provider or something that's causing the problem, I don't know so I don't complain.

I understand your point and agree completely but to put it in similar terms if your satellite dish stops working you don't moan at your TV manufacturer. Until you know for certain it is a problem caused purely by Cryptic, then complain at them, if they aren't willing to tell you complain at them for that.

While i can understand your points, unfortunately they do not make sense.

Cryptic runs this game, with perfect world as a "publisher" as it were. Thus, bottom line, no matter what the problem is, the fault, and the solution, lies with Cryptic. It is in essence their service. I'm not blaming my computer, or my wife or the weather...thus your analogy of the satelite and tv is kinda...off.

Frankly, i don't give a sh*t WHAT the issue is. Server problems, data bottleneck with EVERYTHING running on 1 backbone, the recent hiring of a rather clitzy monkey...it doesnt matter. MY responsibility in this particular venture is to provide the requested capital, which i do every month, and then some with Zen purchases. Said providers responsibility is to provide a service on a reliable basis. Again, sh*t happens, fubars occur, i get that. NOTHINGS perfect. However, thats why you employ professionals to fix said fubars, and do their best to prevent them as much as they can.

I've been playing about 2 months. Before this week, i had no complaints. Sure, a few random disconnects, whooptie do, i get it, hicups happen. But with the release of this NW beta, the sto server, and EVERYTHING else (ALL of Cryptics services are down when this happens), has gone from a pretty stable environment, to utter and pure random dumping chaos.

End story, it needs to be fixed. If not, and in cases like this if the paying customers are not kept in the loop, then profits will decline. Plain and simple. I would LOVE to be better informed as to what's happening....i would be more forgiving then. But..*shrugs* i guess we can wait and see. All i know, if things do not improve soon, or more disclosure is forthcoming, my money will go elsewhere.
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sapyroth wrote: »
    This is so pathetic it's actually freaking hilarious. Never ever have I've witnessed such incompetence. What did they do on the maintenance day? After it the latency was even worst.

The structure the game runs on does not work. Change it. Fire the person who is responsible for this. There are a lot of people in dire need of jobs and I'm positive there are hundreds more capable of doing this job properly, more efficiently and most importantly, not doing it with their head up their TRIBBLE.

Some one who got to the launcher told me... once again.. that there is no warning on the launcher. Just the nice little red dot. God this company is a well oiled machine. Professional people everywhere.

I'm praying to the gaming gods that some "Professional" company buys this wonderful and prospective game up to the last tiny bit. Tired of this amateur hour.

QQ some more. I feed off your tears. NOMNOMNOMNOM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    acavalloacavallo Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013

We have a Winner. That made me laugh. Nice.
  • Options
    birkepbirkep Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patched tribble a couple weeks ago, now just a 4.2G patch. Wonder if there will be a beta reward.
  • Options
    punktribblepunktribble Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Alot of people say things they can't back up. Normally they get away with it, until they meet someone like me who knows exactly what he's saying and how to deal with trolls like you.

#1- It's not a rant but a discussion thread to raise awareness on detrimental practices and find solutions while we are all waiting for servers to get back up.

#2- By your words I can tell a thousand miles away you are aggressive and talking without knowing the subject you are talking about. Proof: I never mentioned anything about buuilding starbases in my original post, so you totally spun that out of thin air to make yourself look like a know-all, but phony. Even I don't use those tricks, which I consider to be for the stupid.

#3- I've given you no cause for acting aggressive, aside from engaging in a discussion about solving real issues that are problematic in the fleet section - Not my fleet. That you choose to respond with a snide remark like asking derogatively the name of my fleet to add to your black list. If you even have the intelligence to read this far, that attitude of response only displays your lack of tolerance for discussing issues you don't agree with calmly.

Hey, you wanted to pick on someone, you got what you asked for. :cool:

oh I'm sorry were you speaking to me after i logged off for a bit......brave man to talk behind anothers back.....like i said, go back to playing WoW or just shut your hole since this thread was about the server down, so with you injecting your rant over random invites to your fleet being rejected, you're the troll and you love the attention......you remind me of my dog, give it attention and it never stops asking for it please join the real world and look for a job of state employee that works at the DMV.....
    :P
  • Options
    katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GD this is getting old, maybe I should go play SWTOR for a few weeks...:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vhylevhyle Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm still struggling to see what is detrimental about the fleet system.

I love the fleet I was invited to. KHG, one of the best communities to be in, imo. 8 total fleets, 3 of which are Federation. They are great people, too. I joined just today, but they have been some fun people to chat with.
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sapyroth wrote: »

Incompetence coupled with greed will eventually be the downfall of this game.
  • Options
    topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    birkep wrote: »
    Patched tribble a couple weeks ago, now just a 4.2G patch. Wonder if there will be a beta reward.

A couple of weeks ago? You've missed out on a lot man, not surprised you have such a huge patch :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • Options
    nova2284nova2284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Our Warbrids will block out the Servers.

A thousand Attack ships of the Dominion descend upon you. Our Warbrids will block out the Servers! Then we will fight in the ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DELTA RISING FIXS THERE NEVER COMING WHY I'M I WASTING MY TIME ASKING FOR THEM ???
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    acavallo wrote: »
    We have a Winner. That made me laugh. Nice.

i might even put that on FB thats awesome!
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    midnighttangomidnighttango Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Unless I missed it, all I am concerned about is what Cryptic has to say about this and what are the updates. I am also wondering if Cryptic has some kind of ETA concerning this issue and what has been causing all the abrupt DC's this past week.
    MIDNIGHTTANGO
    RENEGADE CONTINUUM Div.1 FLEET COMMAND
  • Options
    ishapza1ishapza1 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2013

AAAaaaaand the Tribble for the best comic relief in forum goes too... :D
  • Options
    smoovioussmoovious Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Someone mentioned earlier Eve's daily maintenance cycle... I know of a bunch of other games that also do a daily maintenance... garbage collection, cleanup... a fresh restart to keep things working smoothly...

Maybe STO should be doing this too... instead of letting it go until it falls down.

-- Smoov
  • Options
    doublea2012doublea2012 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so why am I getting red server status right now
  • Options
    jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have a reward idea:

Launch Legacy of Romulus early!

and not after the movie.......

you do this for marketing not development clearly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GD this is getting old, maybe I should go play SWTOR for a few weeks...:mad:

Might as well dress up as a jedi in real life and play Wow because there isn't much of a difference.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
This discussion has been closed.