What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

Comments

• Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am already a gold member and on a budget, so dumping an extra 184 dollars is a bit much. Now I might of missed this but does being gold grant you any of the stuff for free? It like I know we have borg already for normal Fed and KF chars so do we get borg Romulans too? I just like to know because again dropping that kind of cash is always bit much for me when I haven't decided to spend 50 yet to get any special ships.

Probably not. Note that the Borg here is a BOFF, not a playable race, so the LTS benefit you mentioned is not the same thing. That being said, apparently Stahl mentioned that we will be getting a playable Borg Romulan in an interview, so that looks like a good possibility.
  • Options
    kadieraskadieras Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Can we purchase this in the Z-Store? Cause I already stockpiled zen for this and I'd rather use that.
    Like the Romulan Alliance System? Of course you do, it sounds fine to you because you aren't Romulans, you're FED or KDF who are going to make a Romulan alt, it makes a HUGE difference in perspective.
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i have some questions:

- Where are the 3 consoles + ship (bortas, vesta equivalents) packs?

- where is the TOS bundle?

i would be very unhappy if i now buy the pack with a D'Deridex retrofit only to discover there is a 3 pack D'Deridex refit with extra consoles for 5000 Zen later in may, which ill have to buy once more, or even better - a fleet version available for 4 Fleet Ship Modules and 20k Dill.

(as seen in the KDF with the B'Rel retrofit)

instantly buying the pack IF branflakes can guarantee there will be no OTHER T5.5 versions of these ships (which are included in the package) and the ones from pack can compete with the fleet versions of other fed/kdf ships in terms of consoles and stats.

while i do not think they will do a 3 pack from these ships, did we get ANY info on Romulan fleet ships? NO.

But, they will need to introduce Romulan Fleet ships somewhere, somehow, just so that Romulan ships are able to compete with the KDF/FED Fleet ships.

DStahl just mentioned in the recent interview there will be a new Fleet Holding witih a Romulan theme (i do not see how this makes sense considering we already do have a Romulan embassy), so this would be the option for introducing Romulan Fleet ships.

Or, they will just simply put them into existing fleet's shops.

In that case, the pack is not really worth buying.

ANY answers to these questions from the devs will be appreciated.
  • Options
    joehighland1joehighland1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bought.

-Expensive, but...

$124 are your frign serious? No game content is worth that much, by over charging them for a patch/expansion. but I guess their is a sucker born every minute, oh I also have some ocean front property to sell you, in Arizona. :eek:
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    The OP has been updated with more answers to FAQs from this thread:
    Q: Because I already subscribe monthly/ have a lifetime subscription (LTS), or am a X-Day Veteran, what rewards do I get from these packs?
    A: We have a Dev blog planned that will reveal our LTS/Gold/ Veteran rewards for Romulan Republic characters, but they are separate from these packs. None of the items in the Legacy or Starter Pack are being included as such rewards, and having a monthly/ Lifetime subscription does not grant you any additional benefits and/ or rewards when purchasing a Legacy or Starter Pack. The Legacy Pack allows players to pre-order Romulan Ships and other extras (our Romulan C-Store offerings) at a bundled, discounted rate.

Q: Do any of these packs come with a Gold Account Subscription or Lifetime Subscription?
    A: No, they do not.

Q: How long will these packs be available for?
    A: We currently do not have plans to remove this pack for purchase, but their current pricing is available for a limited-time only. Once we have a date solidified for when the pricing will adjust, we'll be sure to communicate it.

Q: Will either of the packs actually be sold in the C-Store?
    A: No, the packs are and will only be available for purchase via our Legacy and Starter Pack overview page here.

Q: What items in these packs are exclusive and cannot be obtained via the C-Store when Legacy of Romulus launches on 5/21?
    A: The "Survivor of Romulus" title is exclusive to purchasers of the Legacy of Romulus Starter Pack or Legacy Pack, and the "Survivor of Remus" and "Rihannsu" titles are exclusive to purchasers of the Legacy Pack. The Special Reman Duty Officer Mini-Pack is also exclusive in the sense that it will not be available in the C-Store for purchase, and contains four (4) unique Reman Duty Officers that will join your crew. These Duty Officers are bound, cannot be donated to reputation or fleet holding projects, and provide no rewards upon dismissal. If all four are dismissed, you will be able to re-claim the mini-pack.

Q: There seems to be a discrepancy in the price in US Dollars and Euro - why?
    A: In your conversion, please ensure you are taking VAT into consideration.

Q: I thought that you could unlock the Reman playable species in-game?
    A: Yes, this is accurate. From the Legacy of Romulus Ask Cryptic: "Reman species are an account unlocked reward that will be added to the New Romulus Reputation or available for purchase." The Reman playable species can be purchased via the Legacy Pack or in the C-Store once Legacy of Romulus launches on 5/21.

Q: Can I use ship costumes from Refit ships on the Retrofit versions?
    A: When purchasing a Refit version of a ship, a player unlocks the costume for that ship type, and they can use that costume on the Retrofit version of the ship if they also have obtained that ship. For example, when you purchase the Legacy Pack, you gain access to the D'ridthau Warbird Battle Cruiser (a Refit ship) and the D'deridex Warbird Retrofit - you will be able to use the D'ridthau's costume on the D'deridex.

Q: Can I purchase a Legacy or Starter Pack and gift it to a friend?
    A: No, not at this time.
    Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    $124 are your frign serious? No game content is worth that much, do you send us something like a plastic ship in the mail? didn't think so for $124 we don't even get a plastic made in china toy, ya right. don't think so, and if they have to charge that much in order to pay the bills then the guys that developed it screwed you, don't TRIBBLE the players that put money in your pocket from Zen!, by over charging them for a patch/expansion. but I guess their is a sucker born every minute, oh I also have some ocean front property to sell you, in Arizona. :eek:
    What do you care what someone does with their own money? Over the last 3 years I've purchased every C-Store ship in the game. That's well over $300.00. As long as I'm getting some enjoyment out of them what's it to you? We don't complain about you smoking a pack of cigarettes a day and spending $2,000.00 a year, do we? :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    strahn794strahn794 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My expectations as a lifetimer are simple: equivalence.

Purchase of a LTS does not mean I should get everything for free, or discounted; that was never part of the deal. All I want is the same unlocks that I get when I play on the other two factions, namely:

Liberated Borg species option
    exclusive 'combadge' or other costume option
    respec token every tier

and of course all the veteran rewards in an equivalent Romulan form - ship and costume slots, a VA ship token, veteran hull material and starship, 'jupiter' equivalent costume item, captain's yacht equivalent, and so forth.

I see a lot of people on here feel they should get more than that, for some reason. I just want Cryptic to know that there are members out there who are happy with their LTS, and simply will want only the same bonuses they get on the other factions - that is what is reasonable for us as players, and for Cryptic as developers. I have no expectation that I should receive a bunch of new things for free that weren't part of the original deal; but I do expect my current LTS perks to extend to my entire account, regardless of faction.

I would like to hold Cryptic to their earlier statement that T5 Romulan rep on a fed or kdf character would unlock Remans on an account.

Ultimately, the biggest reason anyone should have bought an LTS was for the subscription. The perks are definitely nice, but it doesn't entitle us to a discount on this legacy pack.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Thanks, Brandon - that covers most of the repeat questions here. :)
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The OP has been updated with more answers to FAQs from this thread:Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

thank you, Bran.

i have one last question:

- will there be Romulan Fleet Ships - more advanced versions of the ships included in the legacy bundle?

if no - how do you expect us to compete with FED/KDF fleet ships?

if yes - will these be implemented into existing SB shops, or in the new Romulan fleet holding DStahl was talking about in the recent interview?
  • Options
    strahn794strahn794 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The OP has been updated with more answers to FAQs from this thread:Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for this, it definitely clears up a lot of things.
  • Options
    elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    strahn794 wrote: »
    I would like to hold Cryptic to their earlier statement that T5 Romulan rep on a fed or kdf character would unlock Remans on an account.

This is still true. It is available by either Tier 5 Reputation, OR by purchase (in the store or in the pack).
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    What do you care what someone does with their own money? Over the last 3 years I've purchased every C-Store ship in the game. That's well over $300.00. As long as I'm getting some enjoyment out of them what's it to you? We don't complain about you smoking a pack of cigarettes a day and spending $2,000.00 a year, do we? :)

I don't smoke! never have and it would be a lot more the 2g a year do your homework and I was talking to the dvs and you support the dvs by making your reply sound personnel. I said it isn't worth the money, I didn't say don't spend your money. but I will sell you some beach front property.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I don't smoke! never have and it would be a lot more the 2g a year do your homework and I was talking to the dvs and you support the dvs by making your reply sound personnel. I said it isn't worth the money, I didn't say don't spend your money. but I will sell you some beach front property.
    The point is that everyone spends money on the luxury things that are important to them. It can be smokes, or alcohol, or itune downloads, or whatever. One person's luxury item isn't any stranger than another's.

I already own beach front property, but thanks anyway. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    This is still true. It is available by either Tier 5 Reputation, OR by purchase (in the store or in the pack).

Check the updated first post, it can be unlocked either way.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Check the updated first post, it can be unlocked either way.

are you sure you don't need more? sounds like your the type that needs it all
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Damn, 125 for all those ships is hell cheap! But imagine buying all of those just to run the universal consoles...

...KDF allied NRR with all those KDF consoles...

...scary thought.

I hope many people buy this. This isn't lockbox content, and I am liking what I'm seeing, so I hope someone with deeper pockets will support this on my behalf!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    are you sure you don't need more? sounds like your the type that needs it all
    The point is that everyone spends money on the luxury things that are important to them. It can be smokes, or alcohol, or itune downloads, or whatever. One person's luxury item isn't any stranger than another's.

I already own beach front property, but thanks anyway. :)

that's my whole point, what luxury item you talking about? this game I hope not, the whole point was its over priced, can you agree on that? hate seeing people being ripped off. but hey if you want to throw your money around then so be it. I guess if I sat and played the game all the time then I might c your point but I doubt it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    that's my whole point, what luxury item you talking about? this game I hope not, the whole point was its over priced, can you agree on that? hate seeing people being ripped off. but hey if you want to throw your money around then so be it. I guess if I sat and played the game all the time then I might c your point but I doubt it.
    You get $181.00 worth of C-Store items for $125.00. That's a 30% discount over buying it individually - and the best C-Store sales, ever, are only 20% off.

If you're not going to buy any of it then it's over-priced. If you're going to buy it all, anyway, then it's a good deal.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    khayuung wrote: »
    Damn, 125 for all those ships is hell cheap! But imagine buying all of those just to run the universal consoles...

...KDF allied NRR with all those KDF consoles...

...scary thought.

I hope many people buy this. This isn't lockbox content, and I am liking what I'm seeing, so I hope someone with deeper pockets will support this on my behalf!

My first thought was "ooh, a bunch of consoles to stack", but then I thought about the fact that I own almost all of the Fed +1 ships, and you know how many of those consoles I have equipped?

One. The Point Defense console. On my fighter. Which I have flown twice in the last year.

Amazing how fast I can talk myself out of spending money when I put my mind to it :P
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    $125 is a lot to spend for an add-on pack to a game. However, it is a ~30% savings over a future purchase of the same items a la carte, along with a few exclusive items (titles, DOffs) thrown in, so that does make it quite tempting for us Collectors. I do still have some questions I'd like answered before I purchase:

We've been told we'll see the ship stats later... Can you confirm/deny whether or not the Legacy Pack will still be on sale for $125 when the stats are released, or do plan for the promo to end before we see the stats?

About the Reman Playable Character species: Will we be able to play as Reman females? What traits/stats can we expect to have playing Reman PCs? Are we going to be locked into certain uniforms/appearances (like the existing Featured Episode Reman BOff)?

About the Liberated Borg Reman Bridge Officer: Are the gender/class locked like the Amazon Borg BO, or selectable like the Veteran Android? Will the appearance/uniform be customizable (like the Amazon Borg/Vet Android) or not (like the Featured Episode Reman BOff). Assuming we've got it previously unlocked, will our Romulan-Faction Captains have access to our Legacy Amazon Borg BOs (of the appropriate allied Faction)? In other words, could we have upwards of three Borg Bridge Officers (including the Cure BO)? Further related (though perhaps too off-topic), will our Rom-Faction Captains have access to our Friend-Referral Photo-BOs and Veteran Androids (perhaps Romulan-specific or Allied-Faction)?

Does the Scorpion Fighter come with a Scorpion Fighter Non-Combat pet?

Thanks for your answers.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    $125 is a lot to spend for an add-on pack to a game. However, it is a ~30% savings over a future purchase of the same items a la carte, along with a few exclusive items (titles, DOffs) thrown in, so that does make it quite tempting for us Collectors. I do still have some questions I'd like answered before I purchase:

We've been told we'll see the ship stats later... Can you confirm/deny whether or not the Legacy Pack will still be on sale for $125 when the stats are released, or do plan for the promo to end before we see the stats?

The current rumor is that there is a dev blog with ship stats coming tomorrow; I am holding off for a bit until I know more info - but then, I have already talked myself down to the Starter Pack, so....
  • Options
    adamma1701adamma1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    No way... not a chance... never...
    I'm sure some big rommie fans will go for it.
    I payed my LTS once.. you're not getting any more out of me... esp for a bunch of green ships and uniforms.. and a *gasp* Reman character.

I'll play through the damn thing as a female tellarite pornstar in a Miranda, before I spend another cent.
  • Options
    deltatk1701deltatk1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    just one thing I want to know. Do I need this? Is this just a bunch of new in game items to go along with the new faction at a discount? OR do i need to make a purchase to be able to access Romulan content or playing as a Romulan. If it's just |"stuff" then i can wait. The C-store has drained me this month lol
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    just one thing I want to know. Do I need this? Is this just a bunch of new in game items to go along with the new faction at a discount? OR do i need to make a purchase to be able to access Romulan content or playing as a Romulan. If it's just |"stuff" then i can wait. The C-store has drained me this month lol
    It's just all the upcoming Rom C-Store items bundled together and given a 30% discount. You don't need it to play. Roms get free T1 through T5 ships as they level, and a free uniform. You can buy any of it individually on the C-Store after LoR is launched.
  • Options
    deltatk1701deltatk1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you, clear and concise :)
  • Options
    azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    (Last updated on 4/18 @ 3:52pm PDT)

Q: Where can I learn more about Legacy of Romulus?
    A: Check out our expansion overview site at www.legacyofromulus.com and our Dev Blog index here.

Q: Where can I learn more about Legacy and Starter Pack?
    A: Check out our Legacy and Starter Pack site at http://sto.perfectworld.com/legacypack

I am curious as to why there is no middle priced Legacy of Romulus pre-order package? We have the top ($125) and bottom ($20) end being offered, but nothing in between those extremes.

I would encourage PWE/Cryptic tio consider offering a pre-order package in the $50 to $60 range. I believe there are many players, as myself, who would like to support the expansion, but consider the basic package too spartan and the top package more than is desirable. After all, many of us STO old timers have STO pre-order items which quickly became inadequate, obsolescent, or forgettable once we advanced past Lieutenant.

I would suggest that a mid-level package be offered which includes the Basic Starter Pack and then a single Tier 5 Retrofit (The D'deridex seems appropriate) and the Playable Reman Race.

Alternately, a package consisting of the Basic Starter Pack and a single Tier 5 Retrofit, the "Rihannsu" title, the Special Reman Duty Officer Mini-Pack and, possibly, the
    Reman "Nemesis" Uniform would be considered an appropriate value.

Certainly, many discussions were held regarding the launch of these pre-order packages. I cannot imagine why a mid-level package was overlooked, or dismissed. After all, profit is where you find it and every customer has their price (to value) point.

57th Rule of Acquisition : Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    jaturnley wrote: »
    The current rumor is that there is a dev blog with ship stats coming tomorrow; I am holding off for a bit until I know more info - but then, I have already talked myself down to the Starter Pack, so....

There is a blog coming out tomorrow about ships, but it may not have all the stats you are looking for. Many of the stats are being finalized, so they can't be posted yet, but as soon as we feel we're ready to post about them, we will so we can start getting feedback.

The plan is for "finalized, pre-feedback" stats to be revealed before the Legacy Pack price adjusts out of its limited time promotion.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    roddy229roddy229 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    thank you, Bran.

i have one last question:

- will there be Romulan Fleet Ships - more advanced versions of the ships included in the legacy bundle?

if no - how do you expect us to compete with FED/KDF fleet ships?

if yes - will these be implemented into existing SB shops, or in the new Romulan fleet holding DStahl was talking about in the recent interview?

I'm betting there will be romulan fleet ships. Especially since the FED and KDF players would have an unfair tactical advantage in combat. But I wouldn't expect to see them for a while.

As for the cost of the packs on the expansion, I don't know if I can justify spending that much money on it unless I have the ability to see and play it first (hint to whoever hands out invites for the beta) Otherwise, I'll just wait until the ships I'm wanting to command show up as c-store items
    Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
    Vice Admiral T'vix RRW Talon (Scimitar Drednought)
    General S'tal IKS Q'vat (Bortasq' Battle Cruiser)
  • Options
    adamma1701adamma1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    azyurion wrote: »
    I am curious as to why there is no middle priced Legacy of Romulus pre-order package? We have the top ($125) and bottom ($20) end being offered, but nothing in between those extremes.
    57th Rule of Acquisition : Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

In answer to your question
    PW has it's favorite rules as well

#10 and #211
    (sorry, couldn't resist)

-cheers
  • Options
    spamdragonspamdragon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    $125 = 81.80 GBP

+ 20% VAT = 98.16 GBP

98.16 GBP = 114.85 EUR

Ok so you only leave me the equivalent of 5 EUR out of pocket, but that doesn't include any charges levied for converting Sterling into Euros. Drop the price by 10 EUR (or start accepting payments in more than two currencies) and you might peak my interest, but right now your shinies aren't shiny enough to justify the outlay.
This discussion has been closed.