What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

Comments

• Options
    darkfader1988darkfader1988 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    One other question, you seem to get some ship material with this pack, is that also possible to get later on by buying that particular item individually? or are those two ship materials only available in this pack?

"Owning the Reman playable species will unlock two Reman ship materials which are usable on all Romulan ships you own."

So my question is, if you buy the species later in Zen store do you still get two reman ship materials?

Or is this only limited to the big pack?
    MT - Sad Pandas
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hatepwe wrote: »
    What rewards (exactly) will be in the C-Store after this pack goes away?

Why can we not buy it for Zen?

Why was the decision made to not give people that purchase this a head start with Romulans? 125 Dollars is a lot for items we can get later for free with Zen stipends or Zen earned via Dilithium grinding, the extra time as a Romulan cannot be purchased that way.

Why did you release information for a pack to buy without having information available for players to see what their LTS/Sub offered and without stats of the items in question? Your marketing department had to know we'd want more information before throwing money at you.

What happens if the week of launch these items are all totally borked (can't equip X weapon, can't enter STFs, Transwarp to opposing faction's starbase, insert bug we see a lot with untested C-Store ships here)? You'll obviously have to bring the server down to fix them in short order which would mean more headaches for the customers.

Why not lock Tribble and allow people who buy this pack to play with a Romulan now on Tribble?

Basically, without even knowing what rewards my LTS might garner I'm seeing absolutely no reason to buy this...
    Everything but the titles will be available in the C-Store as individual purchases once LoR launches.

What you're getting is a C-Store bundle full of Rom items for a discount. It's not needed to play a Rom. The Legacy Pack is no different then buying the Kumari Pack and getting a price break.

The stats will be in upcoming blogs. They Pack sales aren't just for today. They'll be here long enough for everyone to read the Blogs and be able to make a decision.

As for LTS, the only things LTSers get is what they've always gotten: a Lib Borg Captain.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    sirricwinsirricwin Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well this is a joke, surely?

$125 some how becomes 119 Euro's (I don't even have a damn Euro symbol on my keyboard)
    I'd happily pay the ?82 for the Legacy pack, but this appalling payment service works it out as nearly ?102 (approx $156)
    Also why am I being directed to a damn Netherlands Paypal sight? Does the PWE payment system just pick a random European country for a laugh?!

Not so long ago I purchased LTS, and that remained as USD throughout the payment process, there was no dodgy higher tax rate because I was in an EU country.

As much as I want to pre-purchase this Legacy pack, I refuse to out of principle.

Edit- Seems that this forum doesn't recognize the GBP symbol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dogmaticusdogmaticus Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What he said. This is ridiculous. There is no justification for the 119.99 Euro. WILL NOT BE BUYING

we probably have VAT included and the US price doesn't. Still - that does not justify the difference, because it will still give us c.a. 15% higher price. And yup - that sucks.
  • Options
    alienfrombeyondalienfrombeyond Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why do we need to purchase a Reman Borg officer? Can't you just get the Human/Klingon one for the side you choose to ally with?
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sirricwin wrote: »
    Not so long ago I purchased LTS, and that remained as USD throughout the payment process, there was no dodgy higher tax rate because I was in an EU country.

If that happened, it was a pretty serious mistake, because since some time in 2011 it's been illegal for non-EU companies to charge EU people (including the UK) in US dollars for online purchases. The fact that some companies aren't complying with the law doesn't change the fact it's the law, and that it's EU law, not US law.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Another question: will all (or most) Romulan ships have three costume variants, like the Fed and KDF ships? (Other than the Odyssey, Chimera, Bortasqu', etc. which only get one for no good reason.)
  • Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When does this promotion end?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    sirricwinsirricwin Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    If that happened, it was a pretty serious mistake, because since some time in 2011 it's been illegal for non-EU companies to charge EU people (including the UK) in US dollars for online purchases. The fact that some companies aren't complying with the law doesn't change the fact it's the law, and that it's EU law, not US law.

Just another reason to hate this EU. A Common Market was a fantastic idea, but bureaucrats and politicians ruined what should have been operated by veterans of business and commerce.
    I will welcome the day when England withdraws from the EU.

Referring to my LTS payment, I do not know why it happened. Perhaps the payment service thought I was in the US or if there was a problem of some kind with their servers, a glitch perhaps or a bug of some kind.
    I'm also curious now if Ebay is included in that EU tax. I recently purchased a new set of pads for my aging Logitech G9 mouse, they came from Australia but there was no silly EU regulated charge added to that purchase (via Paypal) unless its a stealth charge increasing the price. After checking the listed selling and shipping costs in AU Dollars and converting to GBP, there was no discrepancy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im still here asking if cloak bugg will be fixed for the romulans and all others who has cloak.

since its preatty much what they do!
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey Branflakes!

Q: Will Romulan C-Store ships have access to their free counterpart's skins, much like the current Fed/KDF C-Store ships?

For example the D'ridthau is listed as a variation of the D'deridex class. If I have this ship via the Legacy pack now or I purchase it individually from the C-Store later can I fly it with a D'deridex skin? Likewise if I have this ship and the T5 D'deridex retrofit can I fly the retro with the D'ridthau skin?
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You know, I was excited enough that I wanted to buy this straight out, but then it occurred to me - retrofit ships are 9 console slots, and overall the consoles in question don't sound that appealing. While it's a good deal, as soon as there are fleet/c-store refit 10 console ones (at $5-25 a pop extra), chances are these will sit and collect dust like most of my other 9-console ships do. There's also the whole "will we be getting vet rewards" question, because if we do then one of the T5 ships is a waste anyway and if we get a 1000-day ship then it will likely be better than all of the vet ships to boot.

If I grab anything, I will grab the $20 pack (since it comes with the ship and console I will be most likely to play anyway). I like having more ships, but spending $125 on getting a bunch of ships of the same tier that will be upgraded before long anyway just seems like a waste.
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What do the tier 4 (D'Deridex) class costumes look like when they're mixed and matched? (I assume we'll be able to do that, like we can with all the other ships that have costume variants).
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Are any of these ships exclusive to the Legacy/Stater Pack?
    Or can I get them all at the C-store when Season 8 goes live?

Please reply soon as possible.

Thank you.
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    Are any of these ships exclusive to the Legacy/Stater Pack?
    Or can I get them all at the C-store when Season 8 goes live?

Please reply soon as possible.

Thank you.
    The only exclusive is the titles.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    maceman245maceman245 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since I am a lifetime subscriber, do I need to buy anything or does it automatically come to me? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    maceman245 wrote: »
    Since I am a lifetime subscriber, do I need to buy anything or does it automatically come to me? Thanks.
    This is a C-Store ship/item sale - all the C-Store items are bundled together and sold at a discount. It has nothing to do with your Subscription. LTSers do not get free C-Store ships and items. You can buy them all at a discount or you can buy them all from the C-Store individually later.
  • Options
    maceman245maceman245 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I did not understand it was a C-Store sale. Thought I was having to buy another expansion. Thank you for the clarification.
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    maceman245 wrote: »
    I did not understand it was a C-Store sale. Thought I was having to buy another expansion. Thank you for the clarification.

The expansion is free - this is all just extra stuff that will be available in the store after it goes live, sold as a pre-release discount.

Chances are they will be applying the same vet rewards you get now with your LTS to the Romulan faction, but they have not officially said as much.
  • Options
    wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    no ship with quad cannons?
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tell me Cryptic, how can you justify a 130 space bucks for this? Seems far too expensive imo.

The packs are nice, with lots of shinies, but ultimatly, far too expensive.

I mean, if this is how you cover the expenses of the LOR exp pack, you have priced youselves far out of the market. The recent TOR exp pack (Hutt Cartel), was $10 when pre-oredred. And you got some shinies for the $10 and the exp pack...

From previous expansion to games, they run from $10-$25, $30 tops. So, umm yeah...

Might want to rethink this one, and use a much more sensible price, like $50 to $75for the Legacy pack...

As I said, not bad packs at all, but too expensive...

Will I buy it? Maybe, maybe not, but lower the price as mentioned above, and you have a sale 100%, but not so much at the current price...
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    otowi wrote: »
    Tell me Cryptic, how can you justify a 130 space bucks for this? Seems far too expensive imo.

I mean, if this is how you cover the expenses of the LOR exp pack, you have priced youselves far out of the market. The recent TOR exp pack (Hutt Cartel), was $10 when pre-oredred. And you got some shinies for the $10 and the exp pack...

From previous expansion to games, they run from $10-$25, $30 tops. So, umm yeah...

Might want to rethink this one, and use a much more sensible price, like $50 to $75for the Legacy pack...

Will I buy it? Maybe, maybe not, but lower the price as mentioned above, and you have a sale 100%, but not so much at the current price...
    Right now you're getting $181.00 worth of Rom C-Store gear for $125.00 - 1/3 off. If you do not want the C-Store items in bulk then simply buy them from the C-Store individually after LoR goes live. You won't get a discount but the items will still be there for sale.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    otowi wrote: »

Might want to rethink this one, and use a much more sensible price...

yeah there was 2 pre order prices. 1 for f2p players and 1 for paying sub players. subbed players paid half what f2p did as I recall. seemed fairly reasonable way of pricing the expansion for tor.
  • Options
    lutherfrylutherfry Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    There is such an swarm of messages I do apologize if this has been answered.

I already paid a considerable sum to play STO as a Life Time subscriber, and want to know if I want to access all the new Romulan content I will be forced to buy the new Legacy packs now?

This goes against what was was promised when one purchased the gold membership if this is the case!
    :confused::mad:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    wazzagiow wrote: »
    yeah there was 2 pre order prices. 1 for f2p players and 1 for paying sub players. subbed players paid half what f2p did as I recall. seemed fairly reasonable way of pricing the expansion for tor.
    You're not paying for an Expansion. You're paying for C-Store items. One does not equate to the other, as you can still play all the LoR content without ever buying one of the C-Store items.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    lutherfry wrote: »

I already paid a considerable sum to play STO as a Life Time subscriber, and want to know if I want to access all the new Romulan content I will be forced to buy the new Legacy packs now?

This goes against what was was promised when one purchased the gold membership if this is the case!
    The Legacy Packs are just C-Store items that will be for sale once LoR goes live. They have been grouped together and are being sold at a discount for those who want to buy those items. It has nothing to do with LoR and being able to play it. These items are just the things you can buy extra in the C-Store later just like a Kumari or Oddy ship is now for the Feds.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    lutherfry wrote: »

you don't have to pay to access the new 'faction' and the content. it's just a big c-store buddle of ships+some extras altogether for a big price. reman player race is unlocked by completing the romulan reputation. but they have said all these ships and items will be in c-store separately. except titles.
  • Options
    holibrae581#2435 holibrae581 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have to be honest I'm getting sick of the pricing on these packs. I totally passed up on the Neverwinter Packs because I thought it was way to much money. I'm a huge fan of STO so I think you'll squeeze $20 out of me for the starter pack but seriously how many times to you plan for me to drop $100+ bucks lol.

I wish the most expensive packs were more in line with real expansion packs (not that this isn't a 'real' expansion it totally is) but on most other games DLC and goodies that may come with it are running around $30 or $60 bucks.

Well that's my rant, carry on and perhaps consider it, $125 is a lot of money.
    Zadesca - 23c Andorian Eng Officer
    Raychul - Remen Sci Officer
    Lumba - Ferengi Eng Officer
    Vadesca - Orion Eng Officer
    AKA: Yavin_Prime
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    You're not paying for an Expansion. You're paying for C-Store items. One does not equate to the other, as you can still play all the LoR content without ever buying one of the C-Store items.

never said it did. like I said ... for tor.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    starbear wrote: »
    I have to be honest I'm getting sick of the pricing on these packs. I totally passed up on the Neverwinter Packs because I thought it was way to much money. I'm a huge fan of STO so I think you'll squeeze $20 out of me for the starter pack but seriously how many times to you plan for me to drop $100+ bucks lol.

I wish the most expensive packs were more in line with real expansion packs (not that this isn't a 'real' expansion it totally is) but on most other games DLC and goodies that may come with it are running around $30 or $60 bucks.

Well that's my rant, carry on and perhaps consider it, $125 is a lot of money.
    You get $181.00 worth of C-Store items for $125.00. That is 1/3 off. AKA, 33% discount. You don't need to buy the Packs. You can simply buy the individual items in the C-Store once LoR goes live. You won't get the 33% discount but you can buy just the items you want.

And you're not required to have any of the Packs or C-Store items to play the Expansion. You can use the free ships and gear.
This discussion has been closed.