What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Legacy and Starter Pack FAQ

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wish there was an official answer on the 'when does this sale end' thing. I REALLY want this, but there's almost no way I can buy this thing this month. If it lasts until at least May 1st that'll be great, but if it's only for a couple weeks...Then there's no way I can afford this.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »
    I wish there was an official answer on the 'when does this sale end' thing. I REALLY want this, but there's almost no way I can buy this thing this month. If it lasts until at least May 1st that'll be great, but if it's only for a couple weeks...Then there's no way I can afford this.
    Either way all you can do is wait until May 1st and hope it's still around. Them telling you it lasts, or doesn't last, that long won't change anything - as you can't afford to buy it sooner.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Already answered: eventually, yes.

I know he confirmed the 1000 day reward ship, but where did he confirm the Roms were getting timeships?
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    tieberionetieberione Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Q: Will we ever see the <insert ship that is not available in game> added to the game?
    A: Never say never! Please keep an eye on the release notes, blog posts and the forums for information about upcoming content or changes within the game. The forums can be reached via the website, or by clicking the 'Forums' link at the top of the launcher.

T3/5 Connie?????
    Tieberion, Captain of the USS Excalibur NX-97000-B

• Options
    vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Woot. Just ordered mine today. :D
  • Options
    venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i bought the pack and it said it was applied to my account but when I view my account items I see my lifetime, del taco shuttle, etc but not anything about legacy pack
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    will there be a star base for romulan and remen fleets?

nevermind. found the answer here :http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content

No fleet starbase - a permanent choice to align with Federation or KDF. Romulan-made fleets will get benefit of their ally (includes access to allies' ships, rewards, and hubs). [4

that sux!

klingons and federation can have their own base, but not romulans or remans :(
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    polie05polie05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow not even trying to hide the P2W are you anymore captaingecko?

We need the specs on all the ships and consoles asap as well as information about the ships being available later on as fleet ships.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    venetar90 wrote: »
    i bought the pack and it said it was applied to my account but when I view my account items I see my lifetime, del taco shuttle, etc but not anything about legacy pack
    It probably says Preorder. That's what mine says.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    polie05 wrote: »
    Wow not even trying to hide the P2W are you anymore captaingecko?

We need the specs on all the ships and consoles asap as well as information about the ships being available later on as fleet ships.
    Why are Rom C-Store ships somehow different then Fed or KDF C-Store ships?
  • Options
    sundercommandersundercommander Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think it's a little much to ask lifetime subscribers to purchase anything else, considering that the sub is already about $300.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Will any of the things in the Legacy pack be available later on, individually?

With the economy the way it is $125.00 dollars in a single pop, is too rich for my bank account now-a-days.
    It probably says Preorder. That's what mine says.

ok didn't think about that thanks
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stargazerjmbstargazerjmb Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    szim wrote: »
    How in heavens name does $ 124.99 translate into 119.99 Euros if the official exchange rate is $ 1.3054 for 1 Euro?

$ 124.99 = 95.748 Euro

That's a price increase of 24 Euros or 25% ! :eek:

That's quite insolent. How do you justify that ???

What he said. This is ridiculous. There is no justification for the 119.99 Euro. WILL NOT BE BUYING
  • Options
    theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    RALH and RAUH, and VA? Why not Proconsul and Consul?

Also, are we going to get a choice of free T5 ships depending on role, or are we going to be stuck with one T5 warbird or cross-faction ships if you don't want to spend zen?
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I think it's a little much to ask lifetime subscribers to purchase anything else, considering that the sub is already about $300.
    Do you get free Fed and KDF C-Store ships because you're LTS? I know I don't. So why should you get free Rom C-Store ships with your LTS?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    theodrim wrote: »
    RALH and RAUH, and VA? Why not Proconsul and Consul?

Also, are we going to get a choice of free T5 ships depending on role, or are we going to be stuck with one T5 warbird or cross-faction ships if you don't want to spend zen?

I think proconsul and consul are political ranks. remember in romulan society military and politics are very entwined together
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    venetar90 wrote: »
    I think proconsul and consul are political ranks. remember in romulan society military and politics are very entwined together
    Still, they could have used something a little more Romulan:

RALH: High Commander
    RAUP: Lord Commander
    VA: Supreme Commander
  • Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What he said. This is ridiculous. There is no justification for the 119.99 Euro. WILL NOT BE BUYING

the 25% extra is called TAXES.

in the usa the system is diffrent for taxing costs than eu.

aka thats why it looks more expensive
    but its proboly same price.
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a question on the Romulan ships available for Dilithium, will the Mogai and D'Deridex warbirds be among the ships available for Dilithium as a "tier 5" ship or will they only be their Tier 3 and Tier 4 versions respectively? I want to say that both the Mogai and the D'Deridex Tier 5 warbirds without the special consoles should be sold via Dilithium so that people who want to fly those ships could do so.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Still, they could have used something a little more Romulan:

RALH: High Commander
    RAUP: Lord Commander
    VA: Supreme Commander

lol maybe rename the upper and lower half ranks that seems a little too human, bbut lets not have it atart sounding like star wars sith lords here
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Either way all you can do is wait until May 1st and hope it's still around. Them telling you it lasts, or doesn't last, that long won't change anything - as you can't afford to buy it sooner.

Good point. But it would go a long way to easing my mind if I knew the exact date from a dev.

I'm not the only one who wants to know.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    brandon any news on the cloak bugg being fixed or not for the romulans and kdf and cloaked ships in legacy of romulans ?

125 euro waiting here for an answer how the cloak will work.
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Good point. But it would go a long way to easing my mind if I knew the exact date from a dev.

I bet all this stuff or most will be little individual c-store purchases at or a little after launch anyways. I mean they're NOT going to deny ships or races or costumes to new players I think
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013

I would imagine like most previous sales, it will last until LoR launches on the 21st. After that the individual C-Store items will be in the Store to buy.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    craig76 wrote: »
    will there be a star base for romulan and remen fleets?

nevermind. found the answer here :http://www.stowiki.org/Upcoming_content

No fleet starbase - a permanent choice to align with Federation or KDF. Romulan-made fleets will get benefit of their ally (includes access to allies' ships, rewards, and hubs). [4

that sux!

klingons and federation can have their own base, but not romulans or remans :(

Stahl indicated in his STOked interview that they are seriously looking at allowing Fed and Klingon fleets to build Romulan Starbases in the near future.
  • Options
    drachenhaut#3266 drachenhaut Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I dont see myself buying it, i paid for a lifetime which after f2p is hardly worth it. Could of gone gold for my vice admiral and then stopped and kept all my benefits of being gold at one time, much cheaper, and since i have yet to see if our liftime accounts even translate into the expansion. ie vet rewards for romulans lifetime accounts just keep loosing value. Personally you'd have to be crazy to buy one now. On the same note i cant justify paying 125 dollars for something thats going to be obsolete in 4 months when new ships come out. cheaper just to buy the costumes or addons you want separately.
  • Options
    viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do you get free Fed and KDF C-Store ships because you're LTS? I know I don't. So why should you get free Rom C-Store ships with your LTS?

Well, yes. The free Vet Ship Token is the reason why I have 4 klingons rather than just 3 as I wanted to take advantage of every free c store ship available to me. I'm assuming we'll also get a free C store T5 ship token as well.

Still a shame that our Vet free C store ship doesn't allow us to get the fleet ship discount on that character.
  • Options
    cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OK I need to see if the retrofit ships will have there own skins/model designs(not the same as free versions but can still use them) before i buy into this? with their stats etc and all the console details.

Please tell me some of the pictures are just stock pictures of the ships that they are refits or retrofits of and they are not merely the same skin and model with retrofit slapped on them.

My second question are these all the c store ships at launch? If not I'd like to see the others as well...

If i get these questions answered before the pre-sell ends I will buy into it.

Also I hope the pre-sell stay to at least the day before launch so it gives me plenty of time to decide.
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What rewards (exactly) will be in the C-Store after this pack goes away?

Why can we not buy it for Zen?

Why was the decision made to not give people that purchase this a head start with Romulans? 125 Dollars is a lot for items we can get later for free with Zen stipends or Zen earned via Dilithium grinding, the extra time as a Romulan cannot be purchased that way.

Why did you release information for a pack to buy without having information available for players to see what their LTS/Sub offered and without stats of the items in question? Your marketing department had to know we'd want more information before throwing money at you.

What happens if the week of launch these items are all totally borked (can't equip X weapon, can't enter STFs, Transwarp to opposing faction's starbase, insert bug we see a lot with untested C-Store ships here)? You'll obviously have to bring the server down to fix them in short order which would mean more headaches for the customers.

Why not lock Tribble and allow people who buy this pack to play with a Romulan now on Tribble?

Basically, without even knowing what rewards my LTS might garner I'm seeing absolutely no reason to buy this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will the titles be available on the C Store by themselves, or in some other fashion? Like an in-game unlock, or something?

If we buy the starter pack, and later buy the legacy pack (which you say we can do) will the legacy pack be discounted by the price of the starter pack?
This discussion has been closed.