Options

Legacy Pack Pre-Order! [The price has now increased]

Comments

• Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stark2k wrote: »
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    If they are available for c-store purchase, then it's not so bad. I thought they were exclusive to the pack and thus, unattainable through other means.

The ONLY items exclusive to the packs are the Titles, Survivor of Romulus, Rihannsu, and Survivor of Remus. Those and [COLOR="rgb(46, 139, 87)"]ONLY[/COLOR] those are available only in the packs. Everything else, including your playable Remans will be in the C-store at launch and can be purchased there with Zen.
    why pay for things in to romulan big legacy pack when i most only want to romula d'direx class battle warbird and the tos romulan warbird of prey which in not in either the big romulan legacy pack or the starter romulan pack.

why is the 2150's romulan warbird of prey is more popular then the tos romulan bird of prey?

The Tier 5 D'Deridex is in the Legacy pack. The TOS bird of Prey is listed in a previous blog as the T'liss class, and is Free at Tier 1.

As to why The 2150 beats TOS. I am guessing the more streamlined design. but that could just be me. To be honest, I am not a fan of most of the TOS series ship designs. they were awesome in the 60's but they seem dated to me.
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any word on what LTS will get?
  • Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    trying to wait for a answer on the 3 important questions regarding the gameplay.

cloak bugg has me reallly worried about the romulan gameplay.

im not pitching 130 usd unless i know cloak bugg is gone for good.
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    No. You buy the items as a bundle for $125.00 or you buy them individually for $181.00.

That's if you end up buying everything. I probably won't buy 125 worth of the stuff individually of what I want. So 125 is out of the question.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    in before the merge
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Legacy Pack is a C-Store Pack. It's not required to play Roms - Roms get free T1 through T5 ships just as KDF and Feds do. The pack is just offering a discount on all the C-Store ships by getting the bundle rather then buying them individually - assuming you wanted to buy them.

Your response has nothing to do with my post.

This is an MMO. Any content that exists for any player affects the balance of all players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mailman650 wrote: »
    An LTS FAQ is being worked on. It will be released at a later date.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    post the games to prove your point, not just a block of text.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The Legacy Pack is a C-Store Pack. It's not required to play Roms - Roms get free T1 through T5 ships just as KDF and Feds do. The pack is just offering a discount on all the C-Store ships by getting the bundle rather then buying them individually - assuming you wanted to buy them.

tell me one soul on the planet who is going to play romulan that is not useing the d`deridex warship :P ?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    mailman650 wrote: »

Create a liberated borg captain? After that, probably nothing.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If they had a mid version of this pack I would be fine with it. You know, loose the keys (I refuse to support the Cryptic lottery anyway so I don't need em), drop the Reman species and doff pack and get rid of the titles.

If they did that and gave us an in between pack I would consider it.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    aestu wrote: »

This is an MMO. Any content that exists for any player affects the balance of all players.

tbh if the cloak bugg is fixed id say its good value for the pack.
    id buy it if the cloak bugg is gone O.o
  • Options
    clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We have a Dev Blog planned that will reveal our LTS/ Veteran/ Gold rewards -- we're still going over the details internally, but we'll have it out as soon as everything is finalized. I will make sure that we get it posted in plenty of time before the "limited time" price goes away.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

In other words, a Veteran or LTS, you will get "something," but it won't be what's included here - you'll have plenty of time to read the blog, realize you still "need" the Legacy Pack to be "competitive," and pay even more than you already have, though... :rolleyes:

Nope, gotta kiss me first, deary.
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    That's if you end up buying everything. I probably won't buy 125 worth of the stuff individually of what I want. So 125 is out of the question.
    I bought the Starter Pack, myself. I have no use for the Keys in the Legacy Pack, and I can just buy what I want from the C-Store later - which will probably be T5 ships rather then T2-4. Whether or not I buy the Reman will depend on how close I am to unlocking the free one from the Rep system. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Blargh, that starter pack looks mighty tempting. I'll have to think on that for a bit.

Glad to hear about the LTS/Gold/Vet blog coming. I never really expected a 1k vet ship at launch, but to hear that one might be coming on down the line is rather nice. :)
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bingo! Romulans even have free ships at each rank.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Are we to understand this as, "you have one T5 warbird available for free at rank 40, and must choose a cross-faction ship if you want to fly anything lighter, more agile, or specialized", or "you will have a choice between T5 light, medium, and heavy warbirds for free"?

Because, the way it sounds we'll have the super-heavy warbird for free at T5, and either must go cross-factional or pay zen, to fly anything but.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    That's essentially all you get in the current LTS: a Fed or KDF Lib Borg playable Captain.
  • Options
    giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My real issue(?) with this bundle is that it's not available for zen. There are some players that have saved Zen waiting for some kind of LOR pack, some have even bought extra (especially with the latest promo) just to buy nice new shinies for LOR only to find out that their zen is not good enough...

Please Cryptic make this pack available for zen.
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The cloak bug was "addressed" in some other dev posts - basically, they would have to go in and hand-modify each mission it occurs in. They've done so for some of the content that was revamped for bringing the KDF to a full 1-50, but other than that it still remains.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

brandon said they makeing veteran romulan ship so im guessing u get that one too
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    aestu wrote: »

You're trying to say that the Legacy Pack has something to do with other games and how free LoR is. You're essentially comparing apples to oranges. You can play LoR without every buying a C-Store item - or using Dilithium to grind for Zen. So there's no cost comparison that can be made in the manner you are attempting to do so.
  • Options
    captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    since i will be only buying the ship d'direx i will be saving about 50 to 75 bucks and have what i really want. without the other things that have little interest for me. if i want a different ship for my romulan officer to fly at tier 5 she will fly one of her factions cstore tier u ships or the romulan d'direx.

question for cryptic are there going to be fleet ships of the romulan ships?
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Your other MMOs listed had a higher starting budget for their game and longer development time than Cryptic did.

Furthermore, this is a discount on OPTIONAL stuff that you would be able to buy separately ANYWAY.

But Yes, I can see the logic in complaining about a game selling power boost items to gain a higher budget to, you know, actually improve itself. I mean, if it weren't for the lockboxes and such, We probably would get nothing and like it, much less ever expect Romulans to be playable in any form. Yes, complaining about a bundle is entirely reasonable.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    I have a question. Why is the T'Varo Warbird Retrofit listed as Tier 5 (Rear Admiral). Isn't Tier 5 Vice Admiral? Does it being for "Rear Admiral" mean it's inherently weaker than ships at Tier 5 Vice Admiral?

Thanks. ^_^

Tier 5 refers to all "Admiral" ranks. That includes Rear Admiral Lower and Upper Half as well as Vice Admiral. Some Ships can only be used at level 50, some at 40. But all should be relatively comparable with each other. So your Tier 5 T'varo should be just fine for endgame.
  • Options
    cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lost interest post F2P in the game, then Starbases peaked my interest again until I played it, then Romulus got my attention, but its dead now.

I miss the old days, back when this was a fun hobby, not a grind pay 2 win title. :(
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    since i will be only buying the ship d'direx i will be saving about 50 to 75 bucks and have what i really want. without the other things that have little interest for me. if i want a different ship for my romulan officer to fly at tier 5 she will fly one of her factions cstore tier u ships or the romulan d'direx.

question for cryptic are there going to be fleet ships of the romulan ships?
    Yes. There will be Fleet ships too.
  • Options
    giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    TBH DCUO is better VFM than STO ATM (IMHO)

lol, love them TLAs & MLAs

LET US USE ZEN TO BUY THESE PACKS!
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I bought the Starter Pack, myself. I have no use for the Keys in the Legacy Pack, and I can just buy what I want from the C-Store later - which will probably be T5 ships rather then T2-4. Whether or not I buy the Reman will depend on how close I am to unlocking the free one from the Rep system. :)

I'm not even sure I'd do that. Reason why is the BO. Since I got my CE from Amazon so I got the borg BO unlock that way. If I was sure they would not be available to me and I had to also buy this one, that would suck tbh. So I am wanting to see how that one is handled first since this Romulan "faction" is basically having to choose one of the true factions of the game.

• Options
    edited April 2013

Yes, if you don't want or plan to use all the items in the legacy pack it is cheaper to pay for what you will. But that doesn't mean it isn't a fair deal. It is up to you if you want the items but if you do, it is a discount.

And this is different from the KDF and FED, How?
  • Options
    atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    clannmac wrote: »
    In other words, a Veteran or LTS, you will get "something," but it won't be what's included here - you'll have plenty of time to read the blog, realize you still "need" the Legacy Pack to be "competitive," and pay even more than you already have, though... :rolleyes:

Nope, gotta kiss me first, deary.
    Sure, What Vets get won't be in the C-Store, that's the whole reason of being a Vet. What's being asked is what will Rom Vets get? That way they can make an informed choice about whether or not they think they want to buy this C-Store bundle in addition to their Rom Vet Items.

Also, How do you expect a F2P game, whose original launch was underfunded and had little time to develop the game, to grow? Do you expect them to magically will money out of the air to pay their Developers?
This discussion has been closed.