test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Frequnecy of non-reward

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
We are all aware of the issue in clusters where we are sent into the completed instance of another player....and as such have to warp out and try again. Now I, like most, can only theorize as to the cause....and have theorized ages ago that I was merely being sent into the completed instance of another. I reached this possible conclusion as I have been sent into my own completed instance on several occasions on multiple characters.

Anyways in the past 1.5 months or so I have been noticing a high frequency of non-reward after completing an "explore" mission. While I am always rewarded after doing the 3 missions and contacting the NPC to turn it in {to get my order and exploration marks etc}, I am very often not rewarded with skill points after completing each of the 3 segments individually.

Now I bring this up because with my Federation characters this rarely happens {and of course on the Fed. side the mission where you are asked to scan 5 anomolies never granted SP}...but on the KDF side it is rediculously frequent. It does not matter what type of "explore" it is...ground, space, et cetera....often it grants no reward.

While all 6 of my characters are lvl 45 {4 Feds/2 KDF}, and none currently need the SP for lvling purposes...it is still irritating not being rewarded. Like many I do these dailies daily....and enjoy stockpiling SP for my BOs incase I want to make sweeping changes or the like to my crews. This became more obvious to me as I was lvling my 6th toon {KDF} and used the clusters a lot. She probably lost thousands of SP {extending her grind}. As my 1st KDF toon did not have the luxury of anything but PvP, I spent more time on this toon doing clusters etc to test its viability. {Everything I do is an experiment hence the amount of toons}

I am not sure if this issue is somewhere in the spectrum of the well know issue of zoning into an instance with not enemies etc, but it would not surprize me. Like I said...after completing 3/3 you get credit for the explore, get the final SP after talking to the contact and so one, but often I will get nothing for all 3 sub-parts. On a few occasions I would do both my KDFs back to back on the daily and get nothing 6 times in a row {just the final reward}.

My Fed toons virtually never encounter this issue {though they also get the "empty" instances as frequently}....I can probably count on 1 hand how many times they were not rewarded for a sub-part. Hopefully this will be fixed soon....and I bring it up as I am curious if a lot of others are noticing this. I am sure there are a few KDFs out there {with experienced Fed toons as a basis} wondering about this also.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Expired comment
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    tendel wrote: »
    Skill point rewards, to restate the known, are converted to BOF points at RA5.

I'm speculating that skill point banking was turned off in anticipation of the new levels.

Allot of people would probably level up and hit the new cap before doing any new missions if they allowed banking.

Unless you are discussing a different type of reward.

Aye I am talking about something else. You may have noticed that when doing an explore mission {perhaps in B'Tran for example} that when you complete it {let us say a "investigate distressed ship"} the mission text will turn blue and you are awarded SP and merits {if on the Fed side}...you then go on to the next of the 3 needed to complete the explore.

Yes, once you hit cap all SP is converted to BO points...this is not the issue. My issue is that on the Klingon side {and occasionally on the Fed side} there is a high frequency of zero reward at all. In other words, you get the "tick" 1/3, 2/3, etc...but the text does not turn blue and you get nothing {but perhaps points for kills if that was the type of mission}.

Anyone whom has played this game long enough probably has several hundred thousand point in their BO pool {perhaps more if you only ever use one character and still play a lot} as once they hit 45 stopped earning it for themselves.

Anyways it was not "turned off" or anything...point still go into the BO pool when and if you earn them....and of course the merits/honor go to that pool.

Upon completeing any of the 3 needed to complete the "explore" you will see the folloing:

You received 172 Bridge Officer Skill Points

You received 165 Bridge Officer Skill Points

You received 196 Honor/merits

When doing B'Tran/Azlesa at lvl 45 {the final reward, however, does differ from the NPC contact at the end} for both factions }. My point is that on the KDF side there is a high Frequency of not seeing this for each of the 3 individual missions that make up the explore...where as on the Fed side I virtually never see this issue. {And on the Fed side there is only on mission [scan 5 anomolies] where it never gave points}.

The main issue with this if it continues is KDF will have less points/honor for BO training/respecing as we zoom out in time. Also...once they raise the lvl cap...it could take longer for a KDF toon to lvl if they use the "explores" to do so {and this issue still exists}.

Do you understand what I am trying to say now? Understand we have never been able to bank SP in this game. Sure some player, in theory could keep earning points and never spend them, but it would still cap at 60700....and I never saw a player that was Ensign 45 or whatever lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Expired comment
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    tendel wrote: »
    Got it, yes, I experience that on the Fed side.

What you are describing for explores, and for me specifically on one toon, with STF's.

I have nothing helpful to add about this issue other than confirm it happens.

I'm taking the position its a bug and putting in a bug report.

Copy that. Just was hoping someone heard something I missed....but aye it is just a bug...sad that it effects one side more frequently than another :-(
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Urantia wrote: »
    Copy that. Just was hoping someone heard something I missed....but aye it is just a bug...sad that it effects one side more frequently than another :-(

This is an interesting topic. And some info here from anyone ... dstahl ... coderanger ... stormshade ... would be helpful since answers hinge on having behind the scenes "mechanics" info that we can only guess at.

So consider my post here a way of saying ... you have me curious as well. I may have some theories myself but don't want to post them because they're probably very very very WRONG.

But my interaction at least keeps this on the front page where someone with a gold name could see it and provide some info.

:)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Aye, just about 1 of 20 enemy confrontations/defeat squads actually works and even Aid the Planet, I sometimes receive no reward (ie. gift of friendship)...
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    sovereign wrote: »
    Aye, just about 1 of 20 enemy confrontations/defeat squads actually works and even Aid the Planet, I sometimes receive no reward (ie. gift of friendship)...

I have had the Aid the Planet not work as well....hehe like the enemy confrontations and beam down to find no enemies...I have even entered an Aid the Planet that was already aided lol. My specific observations are likely in the same spectrum as the "empty" zones {that I suspect another just cleared and left}....I have even seen some that were in the middle so to speak. Beam down to kill enemy squads and there is only one squad etc {granted I saw this back in beta}.

But I could swear it was not until recently that I began seeing the specific issue I brought up-and particularly a lot on the KDF side-where the mission appears completely normal, I complete whatever the objectives, and get zero points. While there are greater things to worry about I suppose, it became most frustrating when I was trying to lvl my youngest toon and she just kept getting nothing mission after mission. And we all know this is not suppose to happen.

Perhaps they coded the KDF side a bit differently or something....some of the missions are indeed different. Heck it could be as simple as server/client lag...but as often as I do these things I am just bothered that statistically it is far more likely to hit a KDF player than a Fed {and trust me I have a hugh sample space/experince to pull from as I do this on 6 toons every day}.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I've found this problem to be more of an epidemic since season 1.2 went live.