test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy Pack Pre-Order! [The price has now increased]

Comments

• canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Master keys, Mini Doff pack, Boff, and Uniform are in the high $40, low $50 dollar range. These are not things I want. Think I'll pass on this and just buy the C-Store ships separately.

If you just want one or two of the ships then I'd say that's best for you. If you want ALL the ships, the $125 price tag is still a discount, even if it's only about $30 less since all the ships in the Legacy pack add up to $155 at standard C-Store pricing.
    Actually, "caveat emptor" means that the buyer should carefully consider if it's what they really want. It's not entirely about scams. It's a way of saying that the burden of making a decision about whather something is worth purchasing falls on the buyer. The seller's job is to get you to buy.

This is a Z-store bundle that looks like it may have literally all of the RR z-ships in it... It's tempting...

I doubt that, that's all the Romulan Z-Store ships, ever, but at launch? Yeah, that's probably all that'll be available - which is still quite a nice number. I was actually expecting most of the Retrofits to be Fleet-yard purchases, not Z-Store.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    You can buy all of the items individually on the C-Store when LoR launches. The Packs are just a way of getting them for a pre-order discount.

The point I was trying to make is you can't buy them individually or in a smaller pack at a discount. I already figured that they'd probably be available in the c-store post-launch.
    The Pack is just for the C-Store items - just like Fed and KDF have. You still get free T1 through T5 ships, and free stock uniforms, when playing a Romulan.

Also, how do you justify playable remans being exclusive the this pack?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's a C-Store sale, not an expansion pack. You can buy the bundle for $125.00 or you can buy them individually as you want them for $181.00. Or you can not buy them at all and simply play your Romulan with the free ships and uniforms.

I stand corrected good sir.
    They call the "Changes" for the expansion, they call the new ships for C-store content
    I give Perfect World credits for sneaky and yet well developed and organised business module.
    No knife in the back for them, only for us.
    21ajpqt.png
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    The point I was trying to make is you can't buy them individually or in a smaller pack at a discount. I already figured that they'd probably be available in the c-store post-launch.
    You can always get them during a C-Store or Zen sale. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hawks3052 wrote: »
    How says that there will be free ships at all?

Try the Devtracker. :cool:
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...The biggest point posters use to shoot that down is that everything is available for zen and can be acquired for free.

This pack, however, is not available like that. It's a straight money transaction. It sets a bit of a precedent for that larger discussion.

I realize all that stuff will be available for zen ala carte...

The thing that makes me wary, and which bothers me, is that if I'm reading this right fully half the packed ships are pre-T5. So, beyond the first week or so of playing a Romulan faction character half the "value" goes down to essentially paying for consoles.

Not to mention the fact this seems to confirm the suspicion that, unless you're flying a cross-factional ship, to fly any "style" of Warbird outside the free T5 you must pay zen for it. Hell, at least KDF characters get a choice between a free BoP, raptor, or warship(s).
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Also, how do you justify playable remans being exclusive the this pack?

They're not. You can buy them from the C-store (or grind Romulan Reputation to T5) as soon as LoR launches.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I believe Lifers and Gold members get the Alien Gen-Hybrid playable race and the Romulan playable race.

The Reman Race is a CStore purchase as mentioned by DStahl, I just did not know it came in a bundle.

$125 Dollars is a bit steep, but I guess its not bad if "ALL" those items, BO, Playable BO, and ships are offered individually at the CStore.

You can at least purchase them with Zen little by little.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    I think they are trying to kill the romulan player base before it even starts 125..............................

The expansion is free...

It is a stupid price for what they are offering, half those ships will be worthless within a few weeks...but no doubt people will pay it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    apulse wrote: »
    I stand corrected good sir.
    They call the "Changes" for the expansion, they call the new ships for C-store content
    I give Perfect World credits for sneaky and yet well developed and organised business module.
    No knife in the back for them, only for us.
    this reminds me of the DS9 Z-pack. You got a lot of stuff that you may or may not want to buy individually, but since the bundle has a discount....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hawks3052 wrote: »
    How says that there will be free ships at all?

Cryptic themselves, in this blog.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a question. Why is the T'Varo Warbird Retrofit listed as Tier 5 (Rear Admiral). Isn't Tier 5 Vice Admiral? Does it being for "Rear Admiral" mean it's inherently weaker than ships at Tier 5 Vice Admiral?

Thanks. ^_^
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Celebrate the upcoming Legacy of Romulus expansion by pre-ordering a Legacy Pack today! This pack contains valuable items to aid you in your journey of rebuilding the Romulan legacy.

Click here to learn more about the Legacy Pack.

Before i buy anything brandon.

i got 3 important questions that cannot be ignored.

1st question: CLOAK will the cloak bugg be fixed for the romulans and any other cloaking unit??
    Cloak is the esssence of the romulan playstyle getting decloacked when you get messages ruins EVERYTHING!!!!

2nd question:

Veteran ship 1000day for uss lifetimers for romulans has been secured yes and is on its way ?
    that is not from the feddies or kdf side. aka chimera and the other kdf equivalent.
    its something diffrent yes ?

3rd question Liberated BORG playable captain reman or romulan will be aviable to uss lifers yes ? same as it is for klinks and feddies ?

thanks for your answers and if its yes to all 3 of them i will buy the pack today as a token of good faith.
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You can always get them during a C-Store or Zen sale. :)

If they are available for c-store purchase, then it's not so bad. I thought they were exclusive to the pack and thus, unattainable through other means.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    I have a question. Why is the T'Varo Warbird Retrofit listed as Tier 5 (Rear Admiral). Isn't Tier 5 Vice Admiral? Does it being for "Rear Admiral" mean it's inherently weaker than ships at Tier 5 Vice Admiral?

Thanks. ^_^

Unlike most Retrofits (VA ships), the T'Varo Warbird Retrofit and Dhelan Warbird Retrofit can be flown at Rear Admiral. Stats will be posted in an upcoming dev blog.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • captiandata1captiandata1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    why pay for things in to romulan big legacy pack when i most only want to romula d'direx class battle warbird and the tos romulan warbird of prey which in not in either the big romulan legacy pack or the starter romulan pack.

why is the 2150's romulan warbird of prey is more popular then the tos romulan bird of prey?
    edited April 2013
    If they are available for c-store purchase, then it's not so bad. I thought they were exclusive to the pack and thus, unattainable through other means.
    No. You buy the items as a bundle for $125.00 or you buy them individually for $181.00.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The price of a game is usually 60 bucks.

The price of expansions in the past have ranged from 25 to 60 bucks.

Those would be fair prices.

125 bucks is way over the top for a pack related to an expansion.

When you put it like that 124.99 seems way overpriced....and it is!

I did go ahead and buy the Starter Pack (19.99) and I already hate myself for doing so.

I plan on creating one of each class Romulan character and one Reman so I know I'll get my monies worth out of the Liberated Reman Borg bridge officer.

To get back on point I agree with you 100% that the Legacy Pack should not have exceeded $60.00 and at the very least that price should have been offered to lifers.

Sure they say the expansion is 100% free but there're trying to make us pay for it in other ways.

I also have a feeling that these limited time offers will be around for quite some time and will end up becoming bundle packs in the Z-Store.

When you think about it the only thing in the Legacy Pack that you might not be able to pick up in the Z-Store is the Titles.

In the end if you wait and do your research on the Romulan Vessels being offered to see which ones you really can use, you can just convert Dilithium to get them.

I'm also wondering about the playable Reman Captain unlock that was coming for free if you have a maxed out Romulan Rep, are we still getting it or have plans changed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    i got 3 important questions that cannot be ignored.

1st question: CLOAK will the cloak bugg be fixed for the romulans and any other cloaking unit??
    Cloak is the esssence of the romulan playstyle getting decloacked when you get messages ruins EVERYTHING!!!!

2nd question:

Veteran ship 1000day for uss lifetimers for romulans has been secured yes and is on its way ?
    that is not from the feddies or kdf side. aka chimera and the other kdf equivalent.
    its something diffrent yes ?

3rd question Liberated BORG playable captain reman or romulan will be aviable to uss lifers yes ? same as it is for klinks and feddies ?

thanks for your answers and if its yes to all 3 of them i will buy the legendary pack today as a token of good faith.

i dissagree on many things you guys do for a good reason. ( especially the dreadnaught hangar bays!!!!! )
    but credit and money is due when its apropriate the bundle seems good enough to buy.
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Some screenshots of the new ships would really help sell them. ;););)
    edited April 2013
    why pay for things in to romulan big legacy pack when i most only want to romula d'direx class battle warbird and the tos romulan warbird of prey which in not in either the big romulan legacy pack or the starter romulan pack.

why is the 2150's romulan warbird of prey is more popular then the tos romulan bird of prey?
    You can buy all the items individually in the C-Store when LoR launches. The Pack is just for people who want to buy them all at once and get a discount.
  • captainbaldycaptainbaldy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unlike most Retrofits (VA ships), the T'Varo Warbird Retrofit and Dhelan Warbird Retrofit can be flown at Rear Admiral. Stats will be posted in an upcoming dev blog.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Excellent news! I'm just REALLY hoping that the T'Varo can use the T'Liss skin. *crosses fingers*
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    errab wrote: »
    When you put it like that 124.99 seems way overpriced....and it is!

I did go ahead and buy the Starter Pack (19.99) and I already hate myself for doing so.

I plan on creating one of each class Romulan character and one Reman so I know I'll get my monies worth out of the Liberated Reman Borg bridge officer.

To get back on point I agree with you 100% that the Legacy Pack should not have exceeded $60.00 and at the very least that price should have been offered to lifers.

Sure they say the expansion is 100% free but there're trying to make us pay for it in other ways.

I also have a feeling that these limited time offers will be around for quite some time and will end up becoming bundle packs in the Z-Store.

When you think about it the only thing in the Legacy Pack that you might not be able to pick up in the Z-Store is the Titles.

In the end if you wait and do your research on the Romulan Vessels being offered to see which ones you really can use, you can just convert Dilithium to get them.

I'm also wondering about the playable Reman Captain unlock that was coming for free if you have a maxed out Romulan Rep, are we still getting it or have plans changed?

It was already answered. Remans will unlock through the store or by completing tier 5 of the Romulan rep system, that hasn't changed. :)
    edited April 2013
    2 was answered by Brandon, as yes. 3 was answered by Dstahl in the podcast as he believes yes - and Brandon stated there will be an LTS FAQ coming later stating what Roms get. I don't know about the cloak bug.
  • phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    webdeath wrote: »
    With my mom's Death leaving me Scrapped for cash.. I still saw this and knew it was worth the $129.99 price sticker.

you're short in cash and you're buying virtual spaceships? good lord man.
    edited April 2013
    2 was answered by Brandon, as yes. 3 was answered by Dstahl in the podcast as he believes yes - and Brandon stated there will be an LTS FAQ coming later stating what Roms get. I don't know about the cloak bug.

cloak bugg is what got me most worried couse it was exactly that part that ruined the gameplay for my klingons.

everytime it happens i just wanna close the game and play hello kitty online.

it neeeds to be fixed for all cloaking units not just romulans.

but for romulans its a must.
  • aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am a gaming afficiando with a job. I also love to read and have many other interests. So, I don't see my choices of recreation as mutually exclusive. I hold active elite subs to all the MMOs listed. I am currently contemplating my next marginal entertainment investment.

MMO #1, produced by a company based in Irvine, CA
    -$50 to unlock all content
    -$15/mo
    -No marginal cost for any functional content
    -Some vanity items for ~$15/ea
    -At least 500% more content than STO
    -Better graphics than STO
    -Basically no software bugs and very few hardware bugs (occasional issues with some TCP/IP configurations, Macs, and Nvidia video cards)

MMO #2, produced by a company based in Seoul, Korea

-All content is F2P
    -Elite status is $15/mo
    -No marginal cost for any functional content
    -Many vanity items for ~$3-10/ea
    -At least 200% more content than STO
    -VASTLY better graphics than STO
    -Basically no bugs
    -VASTLY better TRIBBLE than STO

MMO #3, produced by a company based in Bellevue, WA

-All content is F2P
    -Elite status is $50, one-time fee
    -Many vanity items for many different prices
    -At least 100% more content than STO
    -VASTLY better graphics than STO
    -Almost no bugs
    -TRIBBLE are far worse than STO or any of its competitors because the game was written by feminists

STO
    -One faction is F2P
    -Elite status is $150, Legacy status is $125
    -Many functional items for $10-50 ea
    -Less content than any near competitor
    -Worse content than any near competitor
    -Many, many bugs
    -Graphical/gameplay quality is most similar to the predecessor of MMO #3, which is B2P for $49, one-time.

I am employed as a bookkeeper and operations manager. I am in a MSA/CPA program in the Cincinnati area.

Please - cost-justify this to me. I'm listening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2013
    The Legacy Pack is a C-Store Pack. It's not required to play Roms - Roms get free T1 through T5 ships just as KDF and Feds do. The pack is just offering a discount on all the C-Store ships by getting the bundle rather then buying them individually - assuming you wanted to buy them.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stark2k wrote: »

The ONLY items exclusive to the packs are the Titles, Survivor of Romulus, Rihannsu, and Survivor of Remus. Those and [COLOR="rgb(46, 139, 87)"]ONLY[/COLOR] those are available only in the packs. Everything else, including your playable Remans will be in the C-store at launch and can be purchased there with Zen.

The Tier 5 D'Deridex is in the Legacy pack. The TOS bird of Prey is listed in a previous blog as the T'liss class, and is Free at Tier 1.

As to why The 2150 beats TOS. I am guessing the more streamlined design. but that could just be me. To be honest, I am not a fan of most of the TOS series ship designs. they were awesome in the 60's but they seem dated to me.
  • mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Any word on what LTS will get?
This discussion has been closed.