test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (April 4, 2013)

Comments

• gavin1005gavin1005 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looks like a lot of work is going into this update, cant wait to see the results!
  • purlenutsackpurlenutsack Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's an epidemic. My wife just made me mow the lawn. DAMN YOU CRYPTIC!@# :D
  • tyrannoswordtyrannosword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope they remove the bug that keeps casuing my ship to explode whenever I take it into battle and get hit by enemy weapons. It's really frustrating!
  • chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sussexgent wrote: »
    Thanks Brandon.

Guess I'll go and annoy the misses by talking to her whilst her soaps are on for a change. :D

cryptic suddenly gets a shoe land on htem all way form your misses.....lol
  • bigcheese256bigcheese256 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tharrisx wrote: »
    Looking forward to all the bug fixes, especially the removal of the Borg's magical disney kill wand in the space STFs.

^ So much this. It's a shame the Tactical Cube will still keep it though. Popping my Evasives to run away from them and heal just to see an explosion and 100000 in big red letters on my screen is not fun.

Also I'm surprised the Assimilated Carrier in Cure Elite isn't being buffed. For an end boss type thing, it's a total pushover compared to Donatra and the Tactical Cube. Consider replacing the squishy "Gravity Well kills them 4 seconds after spawning" Birds-Of-Prey with three Borg Raptors.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Right,it is obvious that this community of players wouldn't collectively freak the blank out if they came out and said 24 hour downtime. You know, because, we are known for our cool headedness.

The Nerd Rage would be Epic though...

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    7 hours for a maintenance? I see nothing has really changed.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • klord68klord68 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    arctos1717 wrote: »
    can't wait anymore, now i have to go and have sex with my wife, see what you made me do :eek:

when you finish, entertain mine so i can get back into game pls. :D
  • milestfoxmilestfox Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wilbor2 wrote: »
    why dont there put in patch notes if there going to be working on launcher as well then at lest we wont complain about it because the info is there for us to see. but im not sure thats the problem as it would not patch tribble 6-7 hours ago

Because patch notes are notes.. about patching.. the game.
    Not the launcher.
  • shadowgirlshadowgirl Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Please please spend just a little time fixing the bug that prevents joined trills and some other alien species from using the full set of eyepieces. I have the full jem'hadar set and yet I cannot use the dominion eyepiece! It's messing with the flow of my character. Thanks.
  • captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    klord68 wrote: »
    i feel your pain, my wife has started to find things for me to do :(

i haven't told mine its not working,,,,,lol
  • stulloydstulloyd Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    2 problems with that theory salemkane. I got friends in USA who play the game & apparently the Internet there is actually quite bad. LOL. 1 of my friends compared the US's internet to possibly being worse than a 3rd world countries internet connections. LOL. But yer. I know around 5 players who have issues with the launcher & the Patches after a new download. Most who have this issue. Tend to either be unable to download the patch or after the patch is downloaded the Launcher iether won't load up or it crashes b4 it launches again. From what I gather they have to go to the Extremes of uninstalling the game & reloading it all from scratch to get it working & where as in the UK it mite take 1hr 30 mins to redownloaded game & then another 30 mins to patch. My mate who did this in US recently took 4 hours to redownload game then another 2 hrs to patch & was finally able to get on game. But this is after he took a day trying a load of other stuff to get his game back up. LOL.

But yer. Looking forward to the bug fixes. If they actually work as last few bug fixes have made things worse. LOL. But yer looking at patch notes. That's alot of work & possibly a few issues will arise from all that work with unexpected errors & new bugs. Guys you should really test the new patches on tribble before making them live on Holodeck. Would make more sense to know where the bugs are & fix them if there are any.

P.S. New Ui on Tribble. I like the colour scheme. hate how it is translusent tho & where are the pictures on the skills in the Ui at bottom so you know what your are using. LOL. Hope thats sorted out unlike all the bugs S7 had before Legacy of Romulus goes live. As i remember S7 didn't sort out any of the issues till it went live like this. LOL. not until like 2 weeks later when the public complained. LOL.
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ^ So much this. It's a shame the Tactical Cube will still keep it though. Popping my Evasives to run away from them and heal just to see an explosion and 100000 in big red letters on my screen is not fun.

Also I'm surprised the Assimilated Carrier in Cure Elite isn't being buffed. For an end boss type thing, it's a total pushover compared to Donatra and the Tactical Cube. Consider replacing the squishy "Gravity Well kills them 4 seconds after spawning" Birds-Of-Prey with three Borg Raptors.

except that carriers can't launch Raptors...just saying
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i haven't told mine its not working,,,,,lol

Smart man. :cool:

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • thunderspankerthunderspanker Member Posts: 713 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Im gonna walk around in circles, right here. now here.. now here.. and back at the beginning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Himmelville - Are you easily frightened?
    Click Here

On one side of the mountain, there were bones...
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    4 hour 15 minutes and counting... i wonder just how large the patch will be.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • tw3tw3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The wife walked in had to make the pwe pew pew pew sound.....

"honey what are you doing?"

"playing my game....pew pew pew pew..oh pew pew pew..."

"oh ok..."

"HELP I DONT WANT TO GO SHOPPING EITHER!!!"
  • superborgsuperborg Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    While the engineers are working anyway, maybe they can restore one of my deleted main characters? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Superborg, Borginda,Roboborg, He-Borg, Borgstein
    Borgatrix, Borg Skysni, Borginator, Borgatus, Borgita, Borgstarr, Borgasha
  • lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope they remove the bug that keeps casuing my ship to explode whenever I take it into battle and get hit by enemy weapons. It's really frustrating!

of all the posts, this one actually made me laugh, thanks for that :D
  • sharky445sharky445 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So many trolls so many whiner so many experts get alife stop complaining and get a job! Must be old useles miserable ESD trolls filling forums now about a patch please my brothers chill the f out! If u dont work for cryptic dont be a a$$ also to cryptic(devs)
    please fix the city bug in defarri invasion and the lag in the 20 player PVE maps ty much .
  • captainpanixcaptainpanix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stulloyd wrote: »
    I got friends in USA who play the game & apparently the Internet there is actually quite bad. LOL.

The USA is kinda a big place. Internet quality varies dramatically from place to place, ISP to ISP. With 300+ million possible users, some of them are bound to have poor quality.
  • tyrannoswordtyrannosword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tw3 wrote: »
    "HELP I DONT WANT TO GO SHOPPING EITHER!!!"

I don't know what all the fuss is about, why don't you just send your doffs out for groceries like everyone else?

Oh, hang on... I've been told about this, they're not called doffs IRL, what was that word again?

Ah, right - kids.
  • jameskirkejameskirke Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seeing as the servers have been down for 4 hours now, has there been an actual post with a new Update with a New ETA? Are we just waiting for Cryptic to finish / reboot servers, or are they actually going to be down for several more hours?

Curious Players want to know. :)
    "To boldly go where no man has gone before."
  • hitherowhitherow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sharky445 wrote: »
    So many trolls so many whiner so many experts get alife stop complaining and get a job! Must be old useles miserable ESD trols filling forums now about a patch please my brothers chill the f out!

In total agreement Sharky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cryptic Join Date: March 2010
    "We will not go quietly into the night" ~Independence Day
    edited April 2013
    Just noticed the extension to 1pm. time to browse through my dvd collection.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Please hurry, there is a big ball of fire in the sky and it's looking at me, and it hurts when I look at it back.:confused:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • defiance12defiance12 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    check the first post... it has an estimated ETA there... though new ETA is about 2000 UTC
  • captlipmancaptlipman Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Why don't they post on the twitter feed when being brought down and updates?

Just curious.
    edited April 2013
    defiance12 wrote: »
    check the first post... it has an estimated ETA there... though new ETA is about 2000 UTC

It has been extended to 1pm
  • ralidynralidyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stulloyd wrote: »
    2 problems with that theory salemkane. I got friends in USA who play the game & apparently the Internet there is actually quite bad. LOL. 1 of my friends compared the US's internet to possibly being worse than a 3rd world countries internet connections. LOL. But yer. I know around 5 players who have issues with the launcher & the Patches after a new download. Most who have this issue. Tend to either be unable to download the patch or after the patch is downloaded the Launcher iether won't load up or it crashes b4 it launches again. From what I gather they have to go to the Extremes of uninstalling the game & reloading it all from scratch to get it working & where as in the UK it mite take 1hr 30 mins to redownloaded game & then another 30 mins to patch. My mate who did this in US recently took 4 hours to redownload game then another 2 hrs to patch & was finally able to get on game. But this is after he took a day trying a load of other stuff to get his game back up. LOL.
    Don't confuse your friends with the entire country. I have a 50Mbit connection with a miniscule ping and have NEVER had downtime unless the power was out. Sounds like your friends all have crappy connections and have zero clue about the rest of the country. Also, comparing the myriad of service levels in a large country to a small one is stupid.
This discussion has been closed.