test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Revealed!

Comments

• asches1asches1 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pupibird wrote: »
    it All Sounds And Looks Really Nice, Wonderful Artwork.

But: Will My Mainfedchar Get Something To Do?
    I Already Played Kdf To See The Storyline, But After That I
    Went Back To My Starfleet Captain. I Will Have A Look At The New Faction,
    Play The Storyline And Then Leave Again.

Wallet Still Closed, Sorry!

A G R E E D ! ! !
    Everybody looks right, but you pass left...
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    She's my new avatar :cool:

I find her very pretty, just like the vulcan girl on the front page.

But then, the human male looked handsome so its a trend.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Ah I was looking for someone to make a comment about being against more animal species hehe.

well, at least that was for lore concerns, untrue as they were, and not just run of the mill anti-furry BS
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kwiat007 wrote: »
    I'm excited but also very worry. I worry that this so called "Romulan faction" is romulan only in name. The "strory box" suggests that we are going to play as unificationists and not members of the Romulan Star Empire. Why does cryptic try to turn federation into warriors and Romulans into peace-loving pockemon collectors?
    If that is the case I will just have to ignore all the official storyline and create backstory for my characters to make them proud members of the Romulan Star Empire.

It dosn't mention unificationists at all.

it says;
    "Romulus and Remus are gone. You are one of the survivors, struggling to survive in the aftermath of unspeakable destruction.

These are dark and dangerous times for your people, as the Tal Shiar crack down on any dissent and mysterious beings unleash terror throughout the far-flung colony worlds.

You will be the one to reshape an empire. Gather allies, go undercover and find the proof that will rally your people to revolt.

Together, you will rise up against an oppressive regime and demand freedom. You will fight for your people.

You are the Legacy of Romulus."
    edited March 2013
    4 Fed Characters
    4 KDF Characters
    Don't have an idea how to manage another 4 characters... :P
  • chooch99achooch99a Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It makes sense they become the "Romulan Republic", they always used a Roman theme.

Governments change in life and in fiction, it's the way of things.

I am worried about game stability, season 7 was a near game breaking experience for my pc.

That being said, I am eager to play as a Romulan.

Jolantru.

I also plan to feature the "Romulan Republic" in my Star Trek: Starfinder audio series.
  • bain4bain4 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jcsww wrote: »
    I'm really insterested in how this will impact PvP. Will we have 3 sides in PvP instead of two? I sure hope so as it will make odd number matches more fun with the free-for-all type of play with 3 players and a form of deathmatch with no sides at all. What about other races besides Romulan and Reman? Hirogen definitely should be an option amoung many others.

Think it will still be 2 sides, just the Romulan and Reman will be allied to fed or kdf,
  • nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Although it's nice getting a Romulan faction, I'm concerned the same thing will happen like it did to the KDF. The game still feels very beta in many aspects and they just want to throw out more stuff to reel in the money (from my perspective anyway). Let's just hope they do this faction properly and implement the new changes better than they have in the past.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looks fairly interesting, but when will I get to play as a Tholian!
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
    edited March 2013
    I wonder if the Feds are still fighting the KDF. Will we see the end of the war along side the new faction? And naturally a new and far more dangerous one!
    Great news for STO. I'm very excited to play a Romulan faction, but I'm going to have to say I'm going into this with a lot of caution. I really hope that Cryptic has enough original content for both KDF and Romulans to support them. Nothing silly like "here is eight original missions now go grind buggy exploration missions."

Either way congrats Cryptic for this bit of news. Should be interesting to see how it all works out.
  • redsoniavrelredsoniavrel Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Pretty much to all the people saying things like 'not impressed' and 'oh, it's not enough' or 'they added the wrong thing'....

Go play and bug the devs in another game. This expansion, if it contains all the things it says it will is what pretty much most of the forum complaints have been about. We get Romulans, Klingons get 'finished', new traits, retraiting and well, look just a lot. If you're not happy with it, then go back to real life. It looks awesome, it looks like a lot of hard work has gone into it and most of the non-constructive criticism is borderline trolling. Wait until it comes out before you start bashing it. At least then you'll actually know what the **** you're talking about...

Thank you very much for what looks like it will be an awesome expansion.

Oh... and bring back handsome phaser guy.
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rfzander wrote: »
    It remains to be seen if they are "finished" and up to par wit the federation faction. I really hope they are, lord knows the klingons need it. I just wonder hoe awesome the klingon faction would/could have been had they focused on them and left the romulan faction for another time. Congratz to everyone who finally get what they want. I hope its everything you want it to be. I guess we will find out when it hits tribble.

Honestly that what I though was going to happen. Finishing KDF first then doing the RSE that is.

Have to just wait and see on how complete a job they do with it all though. They certainly picked one hell of a task for themsleves though. 1 and 1/2 faction plus a character UI revamp (the second one.. the first revamp did clean up a lot of things). The RSE will also have to have a fleet base system.. thats going to be a lot of work..and it'll need fleet ships too.

Curious as to what the RSE ship classes will be... and there will be a RSE carrier of some sort or two... so many questions waiting to be answered yet.

Khemaraa sends.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Fed+Rom vs Kling+Rem PVP

Fed vs Fed , Kling vs Kling and Rem vs Rom:D
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • wilsonfrontierwilsonfrontier Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Epic. Can't wait.

Now I just wish we could change our toons species same way we change names, re-train. :D
  • fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i am wondering how this will change the mechanics of pvp. FvKvR? free-for-all? will feddies and rommies both spawn in the kdf spawn in kerrat?

i too wonder how this will affect play in ker'rat...
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • kwiat007kwiat007 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It dosn't mention unificationists at all.

it says;
    "Romulus and Remus are gone. You are one of the survivors, struggling to survive in the aftermath of unspeakable destruction.

These are dark and dangerous times for your people, as the Tal Shiar crack down on any dissent and mysterious beings unleash terror throughout the far-flung colony worlds.

You will be the one to reshape an empire. Gather allies, go undercover and find the proof that will rally your people to revolt.

Together, you will rise up against an oppressive regime and demand freedom. You will fight for your people.

You are the Legacy of Romulus."

It says Romulan Republic instead Romulan Star Empire and about revolt against regime - my guess, the unificationists from the New Planet create Romulan Republic and fight against Romulan Star Empire. Players unfortunately will be shafted into the wrong faction (RR).
    [SIGPIC]Join Date: August 2009[/SIGPIC]
    I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
    where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
    edited March 2013
    Pretty much to all the people saying things like 'not impressed' and 'oh, it's not enough' or 'they added the wrong thing'....

Go play and bug the devs in another game. This expansion, if it contains all the things it says it will is what pretty much most of the forum complaints have been about. We get Romulans, Klingons get 'finished', new traits, retraiting and well, look just a lot. If you're not happy with it, then go back to real life. It looks awesome, it looks like a lot of hard work has gone into it and most of the non-constructive criticism is borderline trolling. Wait until it comes out before you start bashing it. At least then you'll actually know what the **** you're talking about...

Thank you very much for what looks like it will be an awesome expansion.
    Totally agree.
    I'm sooo tired of reading "this sucks" trolls on here.
    Fed+Rom vs Kling+Rem PVP

Fed vs Fed , Kling vs Kling and Rem vs Rom:D

Does that mean that everyone will be sitting in an arena looking at empty space becuse everyone is cloaked (assuming Rommi ships have a cloak) .
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just finished patching... ...can still only manage to get in to character selection, but there the message server maintenance pops up. -Almost there. I am all giddy about this. Can hardly wait. :D:D

BRAVO, Cryptic! :D
    /Floozy
  • chooch99achooch99a Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It doesn't matter if the trolls troll. They are just Tal Shiar agents trying to instill propaganda against the new Republic.

Star Trek: The New Republic

(Sorry had to make this joke before someone else does).:cool:
  • bi0f0dd3rbi0f0dd3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Pieces Pieces everywhere......

While glad the Romulans will be getting a full faction, I'm still curious if there won't be only a token bone thrown to us in the KDF, simply moving the starting level to 1 doesn't a full faction make.

New UI looks good +

New KDF C-Store ships?? been quite awhile since we've seen any love in the store windows

Tholian Rep +/- While fighting Tholians is fun, wonder if we could get that "Red Alert" thing to work right.

Former "Hand Made" Romulans (of which i have one), will these characters ever have access to the character pieces that will be available to the new faction?

Re-Trait + since we're retraiting (again) :) can we respecies as well, with Romulans available to the KDF since we're all buddies holding hands nation building on New Romulus?

Don't think I'll be rushing to play a Romulan though it would have been my first choice long ago,
    probably just stick with my red UI even if i could change the color :)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The register page says there's a free Torpedo Launcher... I'd like to know how to claim that. :)
    It's newbie gear, a free MK2 Quantum Torp.
    tpalelena wrote: »
    I wonder what Sela's role will be in the story.
    Empress of the Republic. Well, that's my guess based on the bits of story they posted. The Tal'Shiar are still the bad guys(even to the playable Romulan faction) and it makes sense for Sela to distance herself from from the old empire that created the Tal'Shiar. That and I think they said that the RR is basically Sela's splinter group of the old RSE. NOT D'Tan's.

Other things I noticed:
    Romulan ships with singularity cores get some special bonus.

The new bad guys seem to be a Romulan equivalent of the Fek'lhri.

And a new Mogai/Valdore/Norexan variant? SWEET! Actually it makes sense as the RSE needs 5 playable ship tiers.

I don't think they have released the list of playable races for the RR faction yet. The article mentions playable Romulans and Remans but... it DOESN'T mention playable Aliens, so I think it's just discussion and not a full list.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Just finished patching... ...can still only manage to get in to character selection, but there the message server maintenance pops up. -Almost there. I am all giddy about this. Can hardly wait. :D:D

BRAVO, Cryptic! :D

/me hopes you realize this content is still two months away...
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • ameriousamerious Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OMG! I've waited for this since before the game launched - this I shall happily check out and even deal with the stupid lock boxes.
    This space reserved for moments of sanity!
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kwiat007 wrote: »
    It says Romulan Republic instead Romulan Star Empire and about revolt against regime - my guess, the unificationists from the New Planet create Romulan Republic and fight against Romulan Star Empire. Players unfortunately will be shafted into the wrong faction (RR).

kk just to get this straight, the romulan republic is the thing the half breed human Sela has ended by declaring herself empress.

This has nothing to do with D'tan and Obisek and other traitors (i hope) its time to kill the fake empress and declare to the galaxy that we are back.

(So many story possibilities about he Supernova, and maybe some background info about the whys and how........................wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee)
  • britewolfbritewolf Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    :eek:OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!:D *fans self and tries not to faint*

I just listened to Branflakes latest interview on SSR then logged on...

My fiance has been spouting all sorts of possibilities for this, but even when Bran said this wasn't just going to be a 'Season' and that it was bigger than that I never even imagined there'd be this level of awesome!

I know there'll be a huge number of bugs to fix before it goes live, but this fan is not happy - he's ecstatic!

In all previous Trek games, my favourite faction has been the Romulans and now I finally get to play them on STO. And I get a bunch of new missions for my Klingon character too? and a, and a...

*faints from over excitement* :o
    General T'Reirr Asei
    Captain of the venerable I.K.S. Y'Kun.
    Warrior of the Empire; Savior of Cookies; Lord of String; Devious Little S*!7
    #PlomeekSoupForTheIndifferent #AmNotFluffy #Klingons4Equality #PriorityOneRocks #ShortButPouncey

#MaybeALittleFluffy
  • akurie666akurie666 Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    While I am very happy to hear the completion of the game is near I am muffed because I set my alarm to wake up and see what that timer presented us... I did not expect the timer to expire and give way to a 60 day wait, and I bet it's w ait until it hits tribble not holo so we can expect up to a 4 month wait. I have not had any coffee. I should never be out of bed at this time, ever.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wonder if there's gonna be a Scimitar. Probably later on as the new faction develops.

I would imagine that the Scimitar would be a high level ship. Captain or Admiral/General/whatever the Romulan equivalent is. Might be part of the as yet unannounced C-store offering, but I can't see it being left out. Cryptic seems determined to empty people's Zen wallets with this expansion. :P
    asches1 wrote: »
    first of all: since when is KDF waiting for those first lvls? so, i'm not impressed with them realeasing it now, when it should have been released a long time ago. They don't really care about the KDF side till now. We will see what've they done.

second: new romulan faction. very cool! nice effort in keeping the game alive.

third: how many character slots will there be as a basis? without a Zen-Buy-Character-Slot i mean.

we will see how it works out...

Based on past precedent and Cryptic saying they want the game to available to play for free (and brandon confirming that the expansion is free on Page 3). I would guess F2Pers would get 3 slots. One Fed, One Klingon, One Romulan. Gold/Lifers would get relative equivalent to what they have now based on that.
    mrlizardo wrote: »
    Looks fairly interesting, but when will I get to play as a Tholian!

Given that you would have to effectively redo the Character Creator to account for a non-human based lifeform. I would say Tholians are not coming any time soon. Then again, I also said Playable Romulans would probably not be in the May update. So take everything I said with a grain of salt. :P