You wouldn't be interested in buying a bridge would you? :D
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You wouldn't be interested in buying a bridge would you? :D

As a matter of fact I'd pay good money for a generic 2409 style starship bridge so I don't have to use these dated looking ones, but I don't see what that has to do wi-

Oh. Ohhh...
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bit late to the party aren't you? :P

yeah, noticed :D
  • Options
    calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The cats out the bag, ladies and gents START LEVELLING YOUR ROMULANS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget a new starbase.
  • Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Jexsamx, your sig is the 2nd best thing Ive seen today! Good stuff! And boy oh boy, some forumite haters gonna have to eat some crow now. Jolan'tru!!:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    calamintha wrote: »

hope i can do some 500-600k Dill till the launch. also stocking up DOFFs and EC.

still - is this all? no FE as countdown to May? we'll see in a couple of hours..
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wewt parrtaaayyyyy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited March 2013

OUCH!! Too soon, just too soon lol!

As for this announcement, I don't see a date attached to it?Is it tomorrow?? As much naysaying as I do about Cryptic I'd be happy to see them prove me wrong on any number of ways. Still, guess we'll have to judge it when it comes out. The whole 1-50 for all factions surpases all the most hopeful estimates most players made, so we'll see.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2013

As for this announcement, I don't see a date attached to it?Is it tomorrow?? As much naysaying as I do about Cryptic I'd be happy to see them prove me wrong on any number of ways. Still, guess we'll have to judge it when it comes out. The whole 1-50 for all factions surpases all the most hopeful estimates most players made, so we'll see.

May 21, 2013.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Given I'm working hard on a Fed and KDF starbase, think I'll just have my Romulans join a fleet and just mooch off them. Because working on two is very stressful enough.
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Remember, they already have 20(+1) episodes ready to go; Feature Episodes (Breen, Devidian, Romulan, Cardassian arcs + Temporal Ambassador). Only need 29 more episodes to get 1 mission per level. Less, if the missions reward enough XP for a full level (and requiring players to participate in other activities as well).
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want to know if the Romulan Story takes place in 2409 since we never leave that year...are we going to be playing from the start of 2409, till New Romulus time part, just from the perceptive of the Romulans??
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    TOS Romulan Bird of Prey FTW!!!!!!!!

I may never fly another ship again lol:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want to know if the Romulan Story takes place in 2409 since we never leave that year...are we going to be playing from the start of 2409, till New Romulus time part, just from the perceptive of the Romulans??

Given "Sela is back" I imagine that's what's going to happen.

But if we end up starting on Mol'Rihan and not Rator, then Sela did escape.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Interestingly, the french and german sites have now reverted to their "countdown" states. Did we all get punk'd, or somebody let the cat out of the bag?
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    meurik wrote: »
    Interestingly, the french and german sites have now reverted to their "countdown" states. Did we all get punk'd, or somebody let the cat out of the bag?

Cat out the bag, the Youtube video was also taken out and put on private.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Neither - Cryptic screwed up their unveiling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordmanzelotlordmanzelot Member Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Poor cryptic i feel sad for the devs. They get "I want posts" from Starfleet captains later from KDF captains and now they will get "I want posts" from the remoulades ... ehm sorry romulans. I know a lot abount "i want posts" i wrote most of all :D
    Subscribed For: 2300+ Days
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Cat out the bag, the Youtube video was also taken out and put on private.

How fortunate that I saw it (and downloaded it) before it went private :)
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Joint Fed, KDF, Rom STFs will be epic. :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    Joint Fed, KDF, Rom STFs will be epic. :cool:

They'll be the same STFs you have now - just with Skittle-boat D'deridex :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Okay I was wrong. I'm still curious about this new faction, and about the fate of the KDF. I just hope it won't be neglected, because the devs consider they're "done" with it. All I want is quality KDF (and why not romulan) content, not some quick xp farms to get to endgame quickly.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Oh man the joy I have in saying this to all the naysayers: I TOLD YA SO!

Might wanna wait until this roach motel launches :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh man the joy I have in saying this to all the naysayers: I TOLD YA SO!

No you were not right, if we consider what cryptic does, most of the times. See the fate of the KDF faction. See how it's been neglected for more than 3 years (and see how it's going to be abandoned now that they probably consider it's "done" in may). :D

You were not right, you were lucky and overly optimistic, and that makes a big difference. :P

Still, that's a cool update. Really looking forward to blow up d'dridex ships in pvp, and maybe flying my own mogai if the stats look fine.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trintrektrontrintrektron Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I mean we all wish it were, but honestly, it can't be, you know how crappy the KDF side was. In order to properly do a Romulan faction they'd have to have it on the order of the Fed side, and I don't see that happening. They don't have the staff to make that happen, look at how fast season updates have been coming, that's what they are busy working on, season updates and probably new FE's. They haven't even finished the KDF side yet.

So really, I think a lot of you are really reaching thinking it will be a playable romulan faction. Before something like that happens, it'll prolly be lead by a ton of Dev Blogs.

IMO, it's the next FE, that makes the most common sense.

Its really a matter of opinion as to weather or not the kdf side is done. If they came out with romies at the level that kdf is now, would you be mad?
    I thought I took the Blue Pill.......:(
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited March 2013

How unfortunate. :3
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    No you were not right, if we consider what cryptic does, most of the times. See the fate of the KDF faction. See how it's been neglected for more than 3 years (and see how it's going to be abandoned now that they consider it's "done"). :D

You were not right, you were lucky and overly optimistic, and that makes a big difference. :P

You could say that....except Cryptic never did something like this, Cryptic would have taken a bite in the rear if they put all this Romulan hype up for just a FE, hell all the FE we got we did not see much till a blog popped up.

Players saw this as something bigger than just a FE with the Romulans and took TRIBBLE from players saying stop getting your hopes up, and the only conclusion for them was a Faction for something big...and looks like it paid off because they were right.

They earned a gloat, but hopefully don't take it too far.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Its really a matter of opinion as to weather or not the kdf side is done.

Not at all, the KDF are currently 20 levels short of a 'full' faction, have vastly less ships (and next to no Science ships), have extremely limited clothing options, no 'Off-Duty' outfits or Kit visuals and a plethora of faction-specific bugs that don't affect the Feds.

Even this aside, whilst the KDF can level from 20-50 via the same Featured Episodes the Feds have, the Federation have entire story arcs (the Cardassian/DS9 one is what? 10 missions not including the 2800?) whilst the KDF have the two 'House' missions, the Fek'lhri chain and the standalone mission 'Alpha'.
    If they came out with romies at the level that kdf is now, would you be mad?

As a KDF, no - were I a Fed-only player then yes, I'd be disappointed at how much is missing in comparison to all the things the Feds take for granted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]