What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Andorian Weapons in Dilithium Store

12345679»

Comments

• thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    foundrelic wrote: »
    Except for this whole "THey're giving you your currency back in exchange for the items."

THey're making good. You are acting like a Prat and a police officer won't just up and arrest a business rep (Salesmean, manager, owner) without giving them the chance to make good.

Cryptic is making good. Stop acting like an entitled prat.

I'd say those who fail to understand people's rage over this Bait and Switch would be better qualified for the prat category.

The only "good" they are making are for people who are in Fleets high enough to get the Fleet version of these weapons. I hope they drag their feet in providing these so I can wander through and call people complaining about it prats. (I won't, I'm better than that)

If someone is trying to sell you inferior products [dmg]x3 and accidentally sells you a good product [acc]x2 [dmg] and then tries to get it back, a policemen will not only arrest them, but make sure their shill is shut down.

I don't want STO's shill to be shut down as this is what they would do rather than practice Fair Business, so a compromise would be simply to convert the purchased weapons to whatever they will become in the Fleet Store.

That way everyone will be Happy, (eccepting the prats of course)
  • shar487ashar487a Member Posts: 1,292 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd say those who fail to understand people's rage over this Bait and Switch would be better qualified for the prat category.

The only "good" they are making are for people who are in Fleets high enough to get the Fleet version of these weapons. I hope they drag their feet in providing these so I can wander through and call people complaining about it prats. (I won't, I'm better than that)

Actually, you can buy these weapons as a guest in any T2 Military unlocked Starbase as a guest. You use your own fleet marks and provisions to make such purchases, so the hosting fleet has nothing to lose.

I'll send you an invite if you like once these fleet Andorian weapons become available... just send me a /tell when you're online.

If someone is trying to sell you inferior products [dmg]x3 and accidentally sells you a good product [acc]x2 [dmg] and then tries to get it back, a policemen will not only arrest them, but make sure their shill is shut down.

I don't want STO's shill to be shut down as this is what they would do rather than practice Fair Business, so a compromise would be simply to convert the purchased weapons to whatever they will become in the Fleet Store.

That way everyone will be Happy, (eccepting the prats of course)

ArchonCryptic did state that dilithium store items were never intended to carry end-game gear, so when Mk XI Andorian phasers with Mk XII stats showed up, I knew almost immediately that they would get hit with the nerf bat. I lobbied for a refund for all those affected, even though I didn't purchase any Andorian phasers until after the refund-announcement was posted.

Since a refund is indeed being issued for early adopters, no one really loses their dilithium... if anything, they got to test-drive Mk XII Andorian phasers for free with a 100% deposit return ;)
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    shar487a wrote: »
    I'll send you an invite if you like once these fleet Andorian weapons become available... just send me a /tell when you're online.

Can anyone take you up on that offer? I've got a lot of fleet credits, but no access to the fleet weapons.

ArchonCryptic did state that dilithium store items were never intended to carry end-game gear

Some people have raised an interesting point that the dilithium store does already have the spiral wave disruptors which are end-game weapons.

Anyways, I'm not sure I'm ready to rage over this. The Dilithium refund is a solid that I did not expect at all.

As you state:
    Since a refund is indeed being issued for early adopters, no one really loses their dilithium...

Though this bit is still murky:
    if anything, they got to test-drive Mk XII Andorian phasers for free with a 100% deposit return ;)

Since last I heard the Mk XII fleet ones are not going to have the same types of modifiers?

I don't know.

Anyways, I'm basically at the point where I appreciate the refund, but I'll still be equipping the Mk XI's until I can get access to Mk XII's which I currently do not have access to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually, you can buy these weapons as a guest in any T2 Military unlocked Starbase as a guest. You use your own fleet marks and provisions to make such purchases, so the hosting fleet has nothing to lose.

Is it military? I thought it was Tier two ENgineering that had the weapons. If indeed it is Military hell, My fleet can invite folks.
  • doomiciledoomicile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll probably keep my Dilthium Store Andie Phasers and put 'em on my Connie and PvE/PvP in style. I urge everyone who bought the Andorian Phasers to do the same, rather than bend over and just take your refund.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited March 2013

I'll do that, Thanks :)
  • chuckingramchuckingram Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    doomicile wrote: »
    I'll probably keep my Dilthium Store Andie Phasers and put 'em on my Connie and PvE/PvP in style. I urge everyone who bought the Andorian Phasers to do the same, rather than bend over and just take your refund.

You're urging ME to do something stupid, so I can be like you? :D
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    entnx01 wrote: »
    No offense, but...why?

Why not just raise the Diltihium cost and keep these there?
    Isn't it obvious? Mk XIIs are going into the lobi store.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • doomiciledoomicile Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    so I can be like you? :D

IMPOSSIBLEU!!

but I do urge everyone to do something stupid, fun stupid, not waste money on Doff Packs trying to get the JHAS stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Isn't it obvious? Mk XIIs are going into the lobi store.

Lobi Store requiring that you have MK XI fleet versions no doubt, so you can upgrade them of course.

Oh well.

I'm looking forward to getting my 135k back.