test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some Can't Slot Bridge Officers as of 2/14/13 (RESOLVED 2/21!)

Comments

• Options
    mattcan1mattcan1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    count yourself, lucky, I added the Ambassador retrofit. used it, switched back to my Sovereign, next thing I know I get killed by Klingon Raptors, because I can't use Engineering team or anything else.
  • Options
    badnissbadniss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm guessing no fix? Figures, I subscribe and two days later can't play the game due to some crapass bug that can't seem to get hotfixed or retro-acted...
  • Options
    sparklysoldiersparklysoldier Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Here's how what finally worked for me after getting a new ship right as the bug started:

1. Switch back to the last ship you had with a bridge crew assigned to it.
    2. Beam to the bridge.
    3. Remove each the BOFF's from their stations.
    4. Leave the bridge and switch back to the ship you want to use.
    5. Beam to that bridge.
    6. Add each of the BOFF's to the stations.

It's seems like there's a combination of two bugs at work, one that makes the BOFF's inaccessible anywhere but the bridge and another that makes them only accessible from one ship's bridge at a time.
  • Options
    mattman50mattman50 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I couldnt slot bridge officers after teh temporal ambassador mission like most everyone else. So i went into sector space and entered my bridge, sat down in the captains chair and was able to slot my bridge officers.
  • Options
    djacktxdjacktx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was able to reassign during a mission. No more problems so far.
  • Options
    ryanmaddenryanmadden Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    djacktx wrote: »

That worked for me, also.
  • Options
    galland360galland360 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mattman50 wrote: »
    I couldnt slot bridge officers after teh temporal ambassador mission like most everyone else. So i went into sector space and entered my bridge, sat down in the captains chair and was able to slot my bridge officers.

I was not able to unslot my officers. Will just have to wait for a fix.
  • Options
    temmintemmin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    djacktx wrote: »

I did that today and was able to resolve my issue. Went to one of the PVE ground queue games and was able to assign my officers back to their stations.
  • Options
    belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just this afternoon I did the Temporal Ambassador mission, it took my bridge officers off my ship as it usually does. So I went to put them back into their appropriate slots, but I am unable to. Cryptic/Perfect world fix this please.
  • Options
    pepperhawkpepperhawk Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have attempted all suggested fixes and all are unsuccessful at this point. I am unable to slot any officers. I can purchase or recruit a new officer and then switch out to that spot. However, at any game change, the stations resort to "none." >sigh<
  • Options
    amvielleamvielle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pepperhawk wrote: »
    I have attempted all suggested fixes and all are unsuccessful at this point. I am unable to slot any officers. I can purchase or recruit a new officer and then switch out to that spot. However, at any game change, the stations resort to "none." >sigh<

I am suffering from the same issue. None of the workarounds mentioned here succeed.

I guess I should lower the difficulty to advanced and pretend that not having my abilities is a more challenging game mode :(.
  • Options
    todorestetodoreste Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi All, I resolved the problem:
    1. Go to ship selector and change the ship after that return your favorite ship
    2. Assign bridge officer to the shuttle and after that this officer to the desire station
    3. Repeat this to all your bridge officer
  • Options
    rhynochrhynoch Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That is really encouraging that you have found a work around for you. But at what lvl do you get access to a shuttle? I'm currently lvl 25 and no ships I can use can support a shuttle to the best of my knowledge. Good to know that one day I might have a workaround though.

Regards,

Rhynoch
  • Options
    tostrek2012tostrek2012 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To some of you who still can't slot your boffs into stations, here are the solutions:

1. Change Map (press 'M' then change instance)
    2. Visit starbase/fleet base
    3. ** Visit bridge ** and slot your boffs there.
  • Options
    lanzdownelanzdowne Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    None of these workarounds have fixed the problem with assigning my Boffs.

Under Klingon law I must now execute all my insubordinate Boffs.
    20.jpg
  • Options
    rjc124rjc124 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The only fix I have found is to TRANS WARP to your Fleet Starbase, and set up staions upon arrival.
  • Options
    lagunadlagunad Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have tried all the suggested fixes multiple times. Still cannot slot bridge officers on my Level 14 Tac Officer.

Bloody hell, fix this Cryptic.
  • Options
    graham6411graham6411 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have found I could re-assign my boffs by assigning 1, then change maps to assign another one and just kept doing that till they were all assigned, however this is annoying bug and I think patches should be tested a bit longer on Tribble first, maybe a month before hitting Holodeck
    Known as @graham6410 in game
  • Options
    mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok, for those who are still stuck and nothing on has worked, you were in my boat.

zoning, no good
    visiting bridge, no good
    placing boffs in the shuttle, no good, none of my boffs would assign to the shuttle.
    logging, no good
    switching ships, no good
    zoning to fleet base, no good.

Nothing worked, I was somewhat annoyed, bumbling around, I finally found an odd solution.

Buy a new Boff! just grab a common off the exchange or hire one if you have one in your canidates list.

Put the new boff in the shuttle
    Then put him on the ship.

This seemed to clear the assigning issue.

Put the next boff you want to use, into your shuttle, then rotate that one to your ship.

Repeat until fully slotted.

Good luck!
  • Options
    ryanevryanev Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was having the same problem on one of my chars right after the Temporal Ambassador mission.

I tried many of the proposed fixes like changing maps ships with little luck.

In the end going to a mission in Delta Volanis Fixed it for me.
    I assume that you must be the only one in a Map or Zone in order for the workaround to work.

Hope I helped somebody that is stuck with this like I was.
  • Options
    kaeajakaeaja Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Okay seriously!? This problem is extremely annoying, whatever you guys are doing please hurry the heck up and fix the problem...how can anyone new even play the game if they cannot slot bridge officers!?
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just a heads up for everyone--we'll probably have a build on Tribble later today that ought to fix the inability to slot Bridge Officers. :)

Better late than never. I hope the fix doesn't involve dismissing your ship and reclaiming it. We have quite a lot of ships now that you can't easily do that with.
  • Options
    epic0nepic0n Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey, saw that some ppl post some more stuff since last night. Dont know if any one of u tried/posted what im bout to poast but...

Think i found some ways to remove this bug. Some ppl say u can try and change ur ship, for me it worked, but i had a terrible secondary ship, so it wasnt worth trying that. But after i tried some more ways, and still non worked. I went to startbase 24 the instance, and in there the bug was gone. After i finished i saw the BOFFs were still there. So thats one way to remove this bug. Or some fleet mates said that u can try and go to ur bridge and add ur BOFFs from there.

Hope it will help. GL!
  • Options
    murmurhem187murmurhem187 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Started new alt. completed starter missions on qo'nos, can't slot bridge officers to ship. Doesnt work for c store ships. I can change boffs on the starter Bird of Prey, but all slots are not filled and I cant slot the empty seat.

Tried slotting while in space and ground, also tried changing zones. None made a difference.
    Koopa27 -X-treme
  • Options
    karatrillkaratrill Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    rhynoch wrote: »
    That is really encouraging that you have found a work around for you. But at what lvl do you get access to a shuttle? I'm currently lvl 25 and no ships I can use can support a shuttle to the best of my knowledge. Good to know that one day I might have a workaround though.

Regards,

Rhynoch

You buy shuttles from the shipyard requisition officer. A Danube class costs a little over 34,000 ec, and the rest, other than the Captains Yacht and the Class F shuttle, cost 500 zen each. The Class F is part of The Original Series bundle from the C-store for 2000 zen and the Captains Yacht requires a shuttle requisition authorization. The Delta Flyer (500 zen) is probably not the best shuttle for this workaround as it has two BOff slots, only one of which is Universal. I believe that in some cases the none Universal slot can passively interfere with the workaround.

Anyway, I guess that if you don't want to spend real money, and you have been able to accumulate enough ec, you'll be better off with the Danube class.

Your starship doesn't 'support' a shuttle, the shuttle is a ship in its own right. You can 'equip' one starship and one shuttle at a time and access both from your character status pages.

Personally I think it is ludicrous that you should have to buy a shuttle to workaround a bug that should never have come about and should have been fixed already given that today is the sixth day of the bug (and that is six days too long) and I refuse to do so. I'll wait until Cryptic decides to fix it although the longer I wait the closer I come to being an ex-member (along with, I don't doubt, many others). So it's in Cryptic's best interests to fix this bug as soon as possible before they find themselves guilty of business suicide.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It had better not, my bug ship was one of the affected.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    marshaunrogersmarshaunrogers Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All was well and then boom!
    1st. i couldnt ready my armitage and had to discard and get a new one.
    2nd. I COULDNT SLOT ANY OFFICERS FOR IT!!
    If it was a ship i had long outgrown then so what...but i bought that ship WITH REAL MONEY, plz fix soon.
  • Options
    thrillkillmkviithrillkillmkvii Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not sure if this was posted already.. but I just went to my ships bridge and was able to assign boffs to stations from there.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!
  • Options
    thequietwaythequietway Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Confirm that going to my bridge worked for me.
  • Options
    dashuk2381dashuk2381 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Going to the bridge had been working for me but not any more. Really starting to get aggravated by this especially since I bought a C-store ship last night, got it all set up with the gear I wanted and then head out to try to do a few STFs and can't slot anyone in it. Tried the different sector/map thing, tried the bridge, etc. etc. and nothing. How can it take them this long to fix such a HUGE problem with this game. Continues much longer and I'm going back to F2P, this is ridiculous to have such a broken game and paying money for it every month.
This discussion has been closed.