test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some Can't Slot Bridge Officers as of 2/14/13 (RESOLVED 2/21!)

Comments

• Options
    kazapskykazapsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I bet everyone getting this has done the Anniversary mission. I have one toon that has not done it and had no problems, all the other had the issue.

Patently, demonstrably false. I have not touched the Anniversary mission, as I was too busy trying to get the damn Boff interface to work on any one of my characters.

And yeah, as I said before, none of the workarounds changed anything for me. Either this gets fixed FAST, or PWE has lost me as a customer. Forever.
    Arc is garbage. End of discussion.
  • Options
    adamashiadamashi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not just for people who accomplished anniversary mission. The only toon I have this problem with is the one toon that DIDN'T do the mission.
  • Options
    darkwolf008darkwolf008 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Had this one too. Tried all the suggested approaches. The one that worked for me was adding a new BOFF, (I happened to have an open slot), I had to put the new BOFF in each slot to open it up. After that I could assign normally.
  • Options
    sercalionsercalion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you! worked for me.
  • Options
    krypter3krypter3 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am so annoyed, just spent fifty dollars on the game to be screwed out of using me new ship by this -_-
  • Options
    krypter3krypter3 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Found a fix that worked but caused me to discharge some of my most beloved birdge officers. Damn you cryptic, fix your bugs for crying out loud.
  • Options
    dantekaderdantekader Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm having the same problem. Completed Temporal Ambassador as Klingon. Tried switching into the Kamarag Refit. Can't assign any BOFFs. Have tried all the suggestions in the thread and nothing is working.
  • Options
    stylgar420stylgar420 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    After getting my second ship in the game i have been unable to slot ant of my bridge officers. Ive Not been playing very long and am getting very frustrated. Anyone got a solution for this?
  • Options
    frankshotsaucefrankshotsauce Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yesterday I couldn't slot on my new ship and today i started a new character and when it came time to claim my new ship after being promoted to Lt Commander I couldn't pick a ship and there was like a hiccup in the game play and now it says i have to pay for a ship. it never gave me my free one!
  • Options
    midori70midori70 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same issue as all of you, and likely many others.

I have fired bug reports off into the ether to no effect and now I add my name here.

Not only does this need to be fixed, but some compensation for the missed play time is in order. Many people with nice new ships that they often paid Zen for only to have them stuck in space-dock with busted crew stations, expensive lawn ornaments.

Might I suggest some free keys for those BLOODY ubiquitous Lockboxes!!!!!!
  • Options
    oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had the same problem, but fixed it by going to my fleet starbase, as others recommended earlier in this thread.

Going to Memory Alpha space and ground, changing ships, and changing zones did NOT work for me, as others mentioned in this thread.

I did not try going to my bridge, as others suggested, so I don't know if the bug can be fixed there. If you are not in a fleet with a starbase, try going to your personal bridge. Maybe you can slot your bridge officers there.

Good luck.

I tried all the tips and none worked. Found this one, and like magic, I now have BOFF's. Definitely try this if you're having trouble.
  • Options
    yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I find it just unbelieveable that this problem is still an issue.
    Cryptic should have fixed this instantly, or at least TEST what their "patches" do, before they relese them.
    I am really pi**ed about about their whole politics concerning bugs and the game (as a Star trek game in general), instead they seem to much more concerned about removing opportunities to get Fleet Marks and releasing $$LOCKBOXES$$, instead of fixing what they messed up! :mad:
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • Options
    ilikeshortsilikeshorts Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not only can I not slot BOffs, I can't unslot them from their positions on my prior ship, which I thought might be part of the problem initially. Been trying several different tricks and nothing has worked thus far. It's making my space battles at least twice as frustrating, not having access to my abilities.

Also, I did the Anniversary mission, as some have mentioned may be part of the problem, but never had this issue with the first rank-up ship I got afterward.
  • Options
    bunkong76bunkong76 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    well, i just got lucky, i tried all of the suggestion, and nothing work, and it's annoying, so i go on patrol mission, and try hard not to get destroyed without all of my boff ability, well i still got destroyed, twice :P, the third attempt, i tried to slot in my boff, and it worked, lucky me :D, probably some of u should try it, who knows, it might work
  • Options
    helpdeskmanhelpdeskman Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For those who have tried to transfer to the bridge and it didn't help; did you try to change your boff slots when you were in the bridge or did transfer jump to the bridge -> transfer back to the normal gameplay and then try to change boff slots?

For me it worked when I transfered to the bridge and changed the boff slotting in there but couldn't change slots when I jumped back to the sector space or ground/station.
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    oldkirkfan wrote: »
    I tried all the tips and none worked. Found this one, and like magic, I now have BOFF's. Definitely try this if you're having trouble.
    I can confirm this workaround too. Just tried to slot the BOffs while my character was on our Fleet Starbase interior, and it worked.

Nonetheless, it would be great if an official fix for this would arrive sooner then later. I guess a lot of people are affected by this, since you can get it with the "Temporal Ambassador" mission. And not everyone bother to search for a workaround in the forums, or is even in a fleet.
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kazapsky wrote: »
    Patently, demonstrably false. I have not touched the Anniversary mission, as I was too busy trying to get the damn Boff interface to work on any one of my characters.

And yeah, as I said before, none of the workarounds changed anything for me. Either this gets fixed FAST, or PWE has lost me as a customer. Forever.

This is correct. Out of curiosity I created a couple of new (temporary) 'toons.
    With one I was able to assign the BOff when I warped to the area where the two probes needed to be destroyed, the part immediately before beaming down to Vega. I assigned the BOff immediately on warping.
    With the second I was unable to assign the BOff because, to satisfy a thought, I moved before trying to assign it. Moving prevents the BOff from being assigned, apparently.

The point is that the Temporal Ambassador mission itself has nothing to do with individual 'toons not being able to assign BOff's, the TA mission is part of the root cause of the bug, along with God only knows what else.
    Another point is -- how many potential new players would think of warping from place to place during a tutorial in order to slot a BOff? Not many, I doubt, which means that a number of them will wonder what kind of Mickey Mouse outfit they almost got caught up in and walk away shaking their heads and laughing.
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I bet everyone getting this has done the Anniversary mission. I have one toon that has not done it and had no problems, all the other had the issue.

I logged on with my very first character from way back when and that one hasn't done that mission. Still has the BO-issue though.
  • Options
    eclipsoreclipsor Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Switchig maps, ships, interiors didnt work for me.
    But.
    Transwarping to fleet starbase system works.
  • Options
    starblazer5starblazer5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok another way i found which might not work for all go and change ships then change back and it will fix the bug not allowing you to change station officers, let me know it this helps and have fun

Well it didn't work for me, I can't assign BOFFS on most of my toons.
  • Options
    jadensyracusejadensyracuse Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All we can do is wait until Cryptic sends an update to fix the problem, I didn't see the news posting about it until after I had a problem. Its specific to requistioning new starships, if someone buys a new ship, the crews won't assign to any ships they have, even if they were able to before. Although I've been able to still continue missions without the buffs, it'd be nice to have them back, lol.
  • Options
    crazybuckcrazybuck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had this problem, with my ship from ambassador mission as KDF, other ships had no problembs.

In the Galdara-station.
    After chosing the new ship with the problem, i went to my ships interior, received an update(patch) than I set on my captains seat, and tried to put my bridge officers on their places, and this time it worked.

So perhaps they patched it, i will try it now with my Fed. toon.
  • Options
    crazybuckcrazybuck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Update!

I changed to my Fed-toon, and took the ship with the problem, and when i was in K7-station i went to the ships interior, and here i was able to put the bridge officers on their places.
    When loading i received several patches.

So the problem with my ship is solved.:D
  • Options
    tuvoksecuritytuvoksecurity Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Here is a working solution until they solve this issue/bug.

Choose a different already owned ship and the BOFF assignments should work. I know it is irritating after upleveling and achieving a new ship, but this is a workaround to the issue.
  • Options
    michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Here is a working solution until they solve this issue/bug.

Choose a different already owned ship and the BOFF assignments should work. I know it is irritating after upleveling and achieving a new ship, but this is a workaround to the issue.

This is only one of many possible solutions. It isn't a guaranteed workaround by any means.
    A number of workable, for some, solutions are embedded in this thread. It is a matter of searching for one that may, hopefully, help the individual. I had several ships that had no BOff's assigned and no two ships were resolved in the same manner.
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • Options
    unclespankyunclespanky Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I found that if I change the zone (I chose a zone with only 4 players in it) then I was able to change my BOFFS.
  • Options
    ya7relya7rel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same issue here... I can't slot any BOs on a newly acquired ship.
  • Options
    grungepunk5kgrungepunk5k Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same problem for me. Logged in and noticed that my Bridge Officer hot bar was empty. Tried to assign them only to discover I cannot assign any of my bridge officers on my Ambassador Class or Runabout. Worst bug I've encountered in this game so far. Makes the game unplayable. I can't even put the bridge officer powers in my normal hotkey bars like some people are reporting so I'm just a sitting duck in space waiting to get torpedoed. :(
  • Options
    hiplyrustichiplyrustic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    41 pages later and no announced patch. Brilliant. Should have been bug-hunted and hotfixed immediately.
This discussion has been closed.