test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some Can't Slot Bridge Officers as of 2/14/13 (RESOLVED 2/21!)

Comments

• fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just got a new ship and had the same problem. I went to several sector blocks, but still couldn't get it done. I finally went to a cluster and then went directly to the bridge (didn't do anything else first) and finally got the stations set.
  • g1master44g1master44 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I literally logged on today, and right away I noticed my attack panel and bridge officer panel were both missing. I've tried to change ships, that doesn't change it and when I do change ships I can't assign any bridge officers. Then I tried unequipting my bridge officers and putting them back in their slots and that didn't work either. I logged onto my other characters and everything is fine with all of them. The panels are their and bridge officers are working, so it's just my main that isn't working properly.
  • michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well now, I still had four 'toons that I had been unable to assign BOff's with.
    With two of them I beamed to my ship and entered Sector space, then I changed instance and boarded my Bridge ... that way I was able to assign BOff's to two of my 'toons. This didn't work for three and four so, with three, after the Bridge failed I left the Bridge and flew to Delta Volanis Cluster -- it didn't help -- so I entered a random system in that Cluster, killed a Klingon ship that was lurking just inside the system, and then assigned my BOff's.
    Number four, unfortunately, is still without BOff's as nothing at all seems to be helping there.

It has been over 74 hours since this particular bug hit. This is unrealistic, it should have been fixed the day it happened. I really do not care that this is effectively a holiday weekend in the US. A service has been offered and, by many, paid for so we deserve that service!
    Hell, nobody can even be bothered keeping us updated about the progress that has, or hasn't, or is, or isn't, been made.

I am totally disgusted at this cavalier treatment of a loyal player base!
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • ratfacedgrannyratfacedgranny Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It seems to be more or less random. I got it to work twice, once while visiting a planet on an away mission and another time by visiting my bridge while I was in the sierra sector

And people. Do you really expect they're going to drag people in over the weekend to fix this? Give them a break, they're people too.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    One more player to add to the list. All my boffs unseated themselves, and while I tried the 'go to new map' workaround, I'm still unable to reseat them.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Cannot assign bridge officers and getting really frustrated about it. What good is it to have additional ships if I can never switch from my first? I've been to another map location, entered combat, entered mission instances and changed instances. Nothing helps.
  • drgmstrdrgmstr Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was having the same problems too. Each zone I was in I tried to assign my officers but to no luck. It wasn't until I transwarped to our Fleet starbase where I managed to get it to work.

Handle: @drgmstr

"Embrace your dreams"

Come Check Out My PRIMUS Database Page!
  • abrookfield82abrookfield82 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same problem - got a new ship, can't slot bridge officer. Switching zones/sectors didn't help, but transwarping to starbase let me slot my bridge officers.
  • michaelteiguemichaelteigue Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    <snip>

And people. Do you really expect they're going to drag people in over the weekend to fix this? Give them a break, they're people too.

Uhh, yes, I for one do expect them to drag people in over the weekend to fix this. I paid to play the game but I am unable to play with one 'toon because I can't assign BOff's. Thus I am unable to effectively level that 'toon. I know of people with only one 'toon who can't assign BOff's and the game is unplayable for them.

So, if the bug was unable to be fixed between Thursday after the maintenance and Friday night then yes, the weekend should be utilized to fix it. Why should we, the players, suffer from something that was no fault of ours? Many of us would have been happy to see the 'Q' Anniversary Event end on schedule (Thursday). None of us asked for the Temporal Ambassador mission to be extended. And we sure didn't ask for it to be 'updated'. Really, an extension means that the mission in its entirety should last longer, not with an alteration to the level required to accept the mission. As an aside, sure, you can still get the ship but not until level 25 now. What use is that? At level 25 completing the mission will probably level you to level 26 -- so you get to use the ship for 4 levels, perhaps a day or two. Not a particularly useful or fair 'update' in my opinion.

And of course they are people too, but they are people who have offered a service and therefore should be working to provide that service, weekend or not.

Anyway, I personally believe that nothing at all will be done until Monday at the earliest. That is when the Anniversary Event will, hopefully, end and then perhaps someone will 'fix' the bug, if the deactivation of the Ambassador ship reward and 'Q doesn't automatically fix it. But I, for one, am not holding my breath.

And I stand by the last statement in my previous post:
    "I am totally disgusted at this cavalier treatment of a loyal player base!"
    Disclaimer: This post is in no way intended to be a troll or flame or slur of any other kind towards anyone or anything either directly or indirectly involved in or with, or not involved in or with, Star Trek Online and I proffer my sincerest apologies to anyone who believes it is directed to the aforementioned.
  • vzonvzon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Anyone still having a problem with this? Just got a new ship as well and I can't assign anybody to any station. Frustrating.
    Had same problem with new ship. Went to a cluster (Khazzan) and after first engagement I was able to slot my BO's. Supposedly, this will work with any "Explore" mission. Good Luck.
  • captainheqcaptainheq Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    same boat here. I've scanned the whole post, tried everything that was suggested and still can't seat bridge officers. Older ships seem fine but my assault carrier has an empty bridge no matter what I try.
  • asassinx0asassinx0 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had this issue also on all my chars.

I have 2 hi lvl chars which I bought lots of BO slots and have a nice selection of BOs so the bug was easily fixable for these 2 chars.

However my low lvl (now 3x) char having the same issue and not purchased BO slots or xtra ships it was an entirely different story.

After the update me I just lvld and got my ship from the shipyard. I switched to this ship...Deleted my old ship and went to equip my officers in the BO slots. None of my officers would equip. I had 1 spare slot for a BO.

Knowing we had this issue in the past I didnt bother looking on the forums for an answer. I thought swapping ships would fix the issue. So i spent 500 zen on the smallest zen ship as I did not have the dil to buy with my noob...switched to this ship...switched back...only to have exactly the same issue.

I beam up to ship from spacedock...try again...noluck....leave to ector space....still the same...enter a mission..still he same....GO back to earth space dock...change to the 500 zen noob ship...cant equip there either...

Ok so we know the ships need engineers, science officers and tactical officers whihch all equip in seperate slots.

I buy 1 sci officer from the ge...that officer auto equips in the 1st free sci slot... i click on the slot change my sci officer to the officer I want to use and this swaps them around. I then put the new officer in the 2nd sci slot and swap that 1 out with my original. so thats th sci sorted...

I still have 2 engineering slots and 1 tactical slot to fill.. I have no more room for new officers to buy to switch them out.

SO i delete the science officer I have just purchased who is not equipped in any slot..go to ge and bu and engineer to repeat the process.

I open up my stations again only to see they are ALL EMPTY again after going through all the trouble to fill them previous. now I can equp engineers only to my ship.

The only solution that worked and was not very realistic in terms of gameplay was to delete ALL my BO's and purchase all new BOs as needed which then leaves the missions nearly unplayable as the missions at lvl 30 are designed for playes with semi decent skill sets and BO setups.

WHen you have at that lvl only the tier 1 skills ad no xp to put into them as you just lvld all the officers you had to delete it becomes nearly impossible to play the game furthe with that character without immense frustration and repeating of pointless battles you cant win due to no skills....battles you would normally own in like 10 seconds.

And then theres the 500 zen ship which was deleted as soon as I had my new offficers...a tier 1 ship I had to buy as I had no means to get a different ship when THAT was the problem as was the last time this issue arose.

Greetings

AsassinX0
  • relsharrelshar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have tried everything and I still can't get the bridge officers to equip to the consoles in space. Been two days now.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've been unable to assign any officers. and this has been going on for three days. I don't care if it's the weekend. if your product is broke you %$^@#%$ FIX it.
    sig.jpg
  • cet01cet01 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had this problem too. I recently was promoted to Rear Admiral, Lower Half and got a new ship. I couldn't assign officers to my stations.

Here is how I was able to get them to assign:

I went to Delta Volanis Cluster which is right next to Sol System.

I found a mission to start.

When I got into the mission I went and tried to assign the stations and it worked.

Don't know if it will work for others but it worked for me.

Good luck.
  • anthonyxmas1anthonyxmas1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pacelli1 wrote: »
    Cannot assign bridge officers and getting really frustrated about it. What good is it to have additional ships if I can never switch from my first? I've been to another map location, entered combat, entered mission instances and changed instances. Nothing helps.

I had the same problem, but fixed it by going to my fleet starbase, as others recommended earlier in this thread.

Going to Memory Alpha space and ground, changing ships, and changing zones did NOT work for me, as others mentioned in this thread.

I did not try going to my bridge, as others suggested, so I don't know if the bug can be fixed there. If you are not in a fleet with a starbase, try going to your personal bridge. Maybe you can slot your bridge officers there.

Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same now for one of my toons. The rub? The reason his Boffs unslotted was to play the Temporal Ambassador mission. In short, the bug - which was dodgy top begin with - is compounded by the "celebratory" anniversary mission.

Impressive.

EDIT: After trying shuttles, bridge and ship switches, I eventually got a resolution by entering an STF where I was able to reslot BOffs.

On reflection, the worst part of Cryptic's handling of this is that the "workaround" posted on their bulletin board is useless. They should be directing people to this thread, or would that be an admission of failure?
  • alia0atreidesalia0atreides Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Had this problem with my klingon w/no fleet, I was able to fix it from the bridge
  • lazarallazaral Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was able to get around the bug but it was a weird fix. I have a shuttle craft active as well as my starship. I changed the Universal station on my Shuttlecraft to BO x. I was then able to slot that BO onto the station of my Starship. Then I changed the Shuttlecraft officer to BO y and was then able to slot him onto the Starship ... and so on.
  • badnissbadniss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've also tried the advised work arounds, the only one that did work was going to my bridge and assigning the officers to stations. However my next mission was the one where you have to pilot the klingon ship... so damned if it didn't just wipe my boffs out of their slots. When I went back to the bridge to try and assign them again, it did not work. I have gone to every instance, to my bridge, logged in and out, even tried swapping ships numerous times. NONE of these fixes work reliably, and only one of them worked at all...
  • longpaddlelongpaddle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had the same problem. Premoted to Commander, new ship, no BOFF skills in space.
    Flew to Delta Volcanis, explored unknown system (this starts a new mission, if you have already excepted one) and bing I can assign me boff skills in space.
    Big bug if you ask me, my boff skills keep me alive most of the time
  • scott6130scott6130 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    vzon wrote: »
    Had same problem with new ship. Went to a cluster (Khazzan) and after first engagement I was able to slot my BO's. Supposedly, this will work with any "Explore" mission. Good Luck.

Worked with mine
    If it ain't Fed, kill it I will
  • tbenk1tbenk1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Mine works again.
    I did the same thing some one else did; went to the Delta Volanis Cluster, got the mission from Lieutenant Grall, went into a system, and I could slot Bridge Officers again.
    I think that the problem has something to do with either:

A) getting a new ship (I got 2 right before)
    B) the anniversary mission (the Ambassador was one of said ships)
    C)The Doomsday Device mission (I had just finished the first part)

OR

D) All of the above

I have seen other posts from people who also did these things and got the bug, and I did them all.

Just my two cents.
  • kazapskykazapsky Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I bet everyone getting this has done the Anniversary mission. I have one toon that has not done it and had no problems, all the other had the issue.

Patently, demonstrably false. I have not touched the Anniversary mission, as I was too busy trying to get the damn Boff interface to work on any one of my characters.

And yeah, as I said before, none of the workarounds changed anything for me. Either this gets fixed FAST, or PWE has lost me as a customer. Forever.
    Arc is garbage. End of discussion.
  • adamashiadamashi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not just for people who accomplished anniversary mission. The only toon I have this problem with is the one toon that DIDN'T do the mission.
  • darkwolf008darkwolf008 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Had this one too. Tried all the suggested approaches. The one that worked for me was adding a new BOFF, (I happened to have an open slot), I had to put the new BOFF in each slot to open it up. After that I could assign normally.
  • sercalionsercalion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thank you! worked for me.
  • krypter3krypter3 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am so annoyed, just spent fifty dollars on the game to be screwed out of using me new ship by this -_-
  • krypter3krypter3 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Found a fix that worked but caused me to discharge some of my most beloved birdge officers. Damn you cryptic, fix your bugs for crying out loud.
  • dantekaderdantekader Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm having the same problem. Completed Temporal Ambassador as Klingon. Tried switching into the Kamarag Refit. Can't assign any BOFFs. Have tried all the suggestions in the thread and nothing is working.
This discussion has been closed.