test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Some Can't Slot Bridge Officers as of 2/14/13 (RESOLVED 2/21!)

Comments

• stephend1stephend1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This bug is really becoming tiresome and costly.

For me it has triggered 3 days in a row and it is changing anything to do with a BOFF that triggers it. So switching stations, skill training anything like that triggers it. Today I have in an attempt to clear it (and in no order):

- changed maps
    - logged out
    - logged another character
    - switched to bridge
    - switched ships

Nothing is working. This happened yesterday and to get the BOFFs to finally assign I had to commission a new officer then discharge him which I discovered by accident as I had tried absolutely everything else. One thing I did notice yesterday is just before it started working my client triggered a patch, which was when it was transitioning to the starship bridge, which I had done 3 times already that session. So I found that a bit odd.

Trying the discharge trick however has not worked today so I am sitting with no BOFFs in any station and no way of assigning any so my ship is unplayable.

Kudos Cryptic.
    Captain Graxxus
    U.S.S Banshee

Federation Fleet
  • andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    getting sick of this. just finished my romulan ground missions and beam back to ship. 1/2 tac slots are empty and 1/2 engineer slots are empty. cant fill the empty slots.
    getting tired of having to zone somewhere else to reslot my officers.
  • stuntpilotstuntpilot Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Any update on this? Or should I take the days of silence as the real answer?

Things are going to go badly if people buy the new Kumari ships in the Zen Store and can't equip BOffs. Then again, maybe that's the only way this will get any attention beyond a cursory "I'm putting together a report guys" from days ago.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For what it's worth, I know people who have fixed it by warping to the fleet starbase.

I had the bug myself and was able to solve it by assigning my boffs first to my shuttle than to the starship...
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • temmintemmin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I haven't tried this thing about going to a different zone yet. Wasn't aware of this problem. Bought a shuttle craft, big mistake. Haven't played in almost year since computer failure, now have a new computer....first night of playing goes wrong.
  • plotacourseplotacourse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am disgusted at the lack of response from Cryptic about this issue. Whatever happened to common courtesy? An update about the progress, if any, of a fix would have helped to prevent an awful lot of anger that has been made evident through some of the posts in this thread. I am certain that Cryptic have lost players through their cavalier attitude and, if they continue to ignore reasonable requests for updates, and continue to fail to find a fix, I am equally certain they will lose more.

I know it isn't fixed already because I have a 'toon that I have just tried to assign BOff's with and still couldn't.

So, Cryptic -- how about a little update? It won't hurt you any to let us know if you are anywhere close to fixing it. Or even if you have no idea what you are doing and the BOff assignment is FUBAR. That, incidentally, would make the game effectively unplayable for many and that is a guaranteed death knell. But your continued silence is not helping you any.

P.S. Incidentally, I also noticed that the BOff's are not able to be modified at the tailor, either. That is not a game breaker like the assignment issue but it is certainly an annoyance.
  • jackdonnerjackdonner Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This problem is still active. I cannot seem to workaround it at all. I have tried changing maps to esd, esd space, the academy, sirius sector space, and ds9. In none am i able to assign bo slot powers. Game is unplayable for me right now. Hope they fix it soon.
  • gwassalorgwassalor Member Posts: 164
    edited February 2013
    Just got my Armitage only to realize I can only slot single ensign tac boff. And when I go to forum, I learn the problem has been around for days...
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I dunno if this works for everyone with this problem but if I visit my fleet starbase I can reslot all my BOFFs on any ship. I have to be aboard the base to do so, in space doesn't seem to be a map rezone.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited February 2013
    I've had this problem for the last couple of days.

I decided to play a mission without my BOFFs, and once I beamed down to do the next part of the mission, I was able to assign my BOFFs again.

Nothing else I tried worked.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had this happen to me today. It took my tac officer off duty and I can't put her back on or change any of the others.

It happened right after I completed the upgrades for T5 Omega and Romulan Rep. Though that might have been just a coincidence.

I changed maps and changed my active starship at the shipyard. It's still stuck so the workarounds aren't working for me.
  • shookyangshookyang Member Posts: 1,122
    edited February 2013
    This has happened on one of my characters for the past two days.

I decided to take my ship out to a mission without being able to slot my BOFFs. I completed the space portion of the mission, then beamed down. From here, I was able to reassign my BOFFs to my ship.

None of the other workarounds worked for me either.
  • epic0nepic0n Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same problem with the BOFF bug after the Doomsday Device. The thing is i tried changing the ship, on the older ship i can change my officers, but i can't select None. Tho when i change back to my current ship still the same problem. Plus changing the zone/re-logging on different PCs/ even trying to Force Check the game through the launcher, all that didnt work.
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What a TRIBBLE. I just got this bug too. I trained my newly bought Romulan BoFF and all of the sudden my stations were empty. I cannot assign any BoFF to any slot anymore.
  • superineptsuperinept Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Good to see Perfect World is fast at work trying to fix this issue. I came back after a year away to this. Cryptic would never have let a game-breaking bug like this sit around as long as this one has.
  • akarinoryuakarinoryu Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Affecting me, cannot assign BoFFs even from bridge.
  • mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    when doing the mission keep your enemies closer (kdf side) i can no longer put my bridge officers into their stations i hope this can be fixed i sent a support ticket in hope it can be fixed
  • ridinginkridingink Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just got the Vesta class ships, and guess what, i'm unable to slot my boffs like many have mentioned here. I didn't pay $50 to not play a game. They will for sure lose all my business if this isn't resolved. I for one don't pay for something then expect it to be useless. Just isn't how things work.
    bb8ec35.png

• redblade05redblade05 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shookyang wrote: »
    This has happened on one of my characters for the past two days.

I decided to take my ship out to a mission without being able to slot my BOFFs. I completed the space portion of the mission, then beamed down. From here, I was able to reassign my BOFFs to my ship.

None of the other workarounds worked for me either.

Thank you! This is the only thing that worked for me! Thanks!!
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I had the same problem ... tried many ways to fix it until, after reading your posts, for the first time, I visited my bridge and, once there, I clicked "U" , clicked on the tab "Stations" and I could relocate my BOFFs without any problem.
    That's how I fixed this bug in my case ...
    Anyway, while surfing on this forum, I have read about another bug affecting BOFFs abilities on the ground, that is you can't decide when a BOFF should use one of his specific abilities left-clicking on his ability's icon. I remember I ran into this problem when I tried this for the first time ( I am kind of a newbie). Today I tried to replay a mission to see how things were going ... it seems everything was working except for the Weapons Malfunction ability.
    So, here's my question : I have right now 2 engineer BOFFs, one with WM1 and another one with WM2 ; in case everything works properly, these 2 abilities can be both triggered at pretty the same time?
    P58WJe7.jpg

• wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Unfortunately going to the bridge or zoning to a new map isn't working for me. I still can't slot them and between this and not seeing half of whats typed in chat I am getting a little more then .....d off at the COMPLETE INCOMPETENCE shown by PWE once again.

How can a company be such a complete balls up time after time???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • panzer52panzer52 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    Unfortunately going to the bridge or zoning to a new map isn't working for me. I still can't slot them and between this and not seeing half of whats typed in chat I am getting a little more then .....d off at the COMPLETE INCOMPETENCE shown by PWE once again.

How can a company be such a complete balls up time after time???

I agree and have the same problem as you.. and i am about fed up... since the only work around craptic has provided is a Half assed work around that doesn't even work...

Maybe you guys should hold off on adding new freckein andorian and fleet ships until you fix the problems that are already effecting people in the game..
  • mattcan1mattcan1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    count yourself, lucky, I added the Ambassador retrofit. used it, switched back to my Sovereign, next thing I know I get killed by Klingon Raptors, because I can't use Engineering team or anything else.
  • badnissbadniss Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm guessing no fix? Figures, I subscribe and two days later can't play the game due to some crapass bug that can't seem to get hotfixed or retro-acted...
  • sparklysoldiersparklysoldier Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Here's how what finally worked for me after getting a new ship right as the bug started:

1. Switch back to the last ship you had with a bridge crew assigned to it.
    2. Beam to the bridge.
    3. Remove each the BOFF's from their stations.
    4. Leave the bridge and switch back to the ship you want to use.
    5. Beam to that bridge.
    6. Add each of the BOFF's to the stations.

It's seems like there's a combination of two bugs at work, one that makes the BOFF's inaccessible anywhere but the bridge and another that makes them only accessible from one ship's bridge at a time.
  • mattman50mattman50 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I couldnt slot bridge officers after teh temporal ambassador mission like most everyone else. So i went into sector space and entered my bridge, sat down in the captains chair and was able to slot my bridge officers.
  • djacktxdjacktx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was able to reassign during a mission. No more problems so far.
  • ryanmaddenryanmadden Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    djacktx wrote: »

That worked for me, also.
  • galland360galland360 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    mattman50 wrote: »
    I couldnt slot bridge officers after teh temporal ambassador mission like most everyone else. So i went into sector space and entered my bridge, sat down in the captains chair and was able to slot my bridge officers.

I was not able to unslot my officers. Will just have to wait for a fix.
  • temmintemmin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    djacktx wrote: »

I did that today and was able to resolve my issue. Went to one of the PVE ground queue games and was able to assign my officers back to their stations.
This discussion has been closed.