What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• Options
    thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    ..Not to mention the KDF gets a big middle finger again when it comes to content.

More like a two fisted double bird once again...
  • Options
    bermanatorbermanator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    SCALE FLEET PROGRESSION BASED ON FLEET SIZE! In other words, actually program an algorithm that scales holdings and requirements to the size of the fleet.

I think this is a great option. Cryptic has said that people would abuse this power and progress a small fleet really quickly so they can get the larger starbase/rewards and then invite everybody back in, and now you have a large T5 fleet in half the time (which isn't fair).

My solution to this issue would be to keep the starbase tiers as they currently are (requiring just as much work, dilithium, etc.), but change when a fleet gets their Mk XII, etc. rewards. A smaller fleet would get Mk XII items at, say, T3 instead of T5. Actually, I would redo that to be like the old Borg set, which scales with you. However, instead of scaling with you, the items would scale with the fleet. I only suggest this because I'd imagine this would be easier to implement, I could be wrong, though. If your fleet size hits a certain threshold of fleet members, the fleet weapons would decrease in relative Mark, assuming a change would be necessary and they hadn't already earned it. By that, I mean if a small T4 fleet invites more members into their fleet and their Mk XII threshold was at T3, and their new threshold would be at T4, then no change would be necessary. I believe my solution would prevent exploitation that Cryptic has pointed out before. I can see how some fleets would be on the edge and constantly being tipped one way or another, but I'm going to have to leave this to Cryptic to figure out best balance.

In the end, fleet starbase progression would take just as long, but would allow smaller fleets to gain their Mk XII fleet weapons in the same amount of time as the larger fleets. The smaller fleets would still not have huge starbases, which I personally don't think they should have any handicap there.

Finally, as absolutwill and others have suggested, scale up the Fleet Marks earned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mindwipecjgmindwipecjg Member Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    I think they knew this the moment Marvel pulled out and they had to scrap all the content and completely replace it; after that it was about trying to salvage something from all that hard work, not create their Next Big Thing. STO was their first post-CoH project that they expected to make big money on; and they have.

Let's face it, it wouldn't be worth asking them to change this if STO wasn't successful; there'd be no point in changing it if there weren't a lot of paying customers unhappy with the change.

do you not pay attention to the ppl who are paying either via subscription or free to play with zen points at this point i already mentioned this to you in another thread.. you need to appriciate this issue to your your masters, and also perfect world being in control and Sthal's predecessor De'Angelo (though short lived), at least work with the community and not fluff them around.

At least De'Angelo DIDNT QUIT , HE RETIRED from the game Sthal came back after quitting quit Zenga for not managing games properly like farmville etc after only 10 weeks.

Now he's back running STO slowly into the ***** into the ground.. and EVERY GAME PLAYER IS RECOGISEs this as they look it up its common history..

seriously man do you look up history on this games developers???

tis why i call them your masters as the old addage of "just following orders doesnt cut it in the STO community! THIS IS A STAR TREK GAME??

and you wonder why since the merger with perfect world this game is loosing revenue!!!!

also why most of the crerative staff have either been fired or left since the end of season 5!!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    incidentally... now you know why alot of STO players have jumped ship to The Old Replublic
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    and you wonder why since the merger with perfect world this game is loosing revenue!!!!

Doubling their staff and teasing their biggest update yet after a series of increasingly large updates is evidence of the exact opposite of losing revenue.

You clearly have no idea what's even going on.
  • Options
    tehburnsteptehburnstep Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Doubling their staff and teasing their biggest update yet after a series of increasingly large updates is evidence of the exact opposite of losing revenue.

I was about to ask exactly what he based that particular... statement... on. Like you I suspect they are making quite a tidy profit, which only serves to make the issue all the more infuriating. I am not however privy to the books so it is merely conjecture on my part...
  • Options
    thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    Please make sure you post your thoughts on the new ships and let Cryptic know what you REALLY think of them..:)

Thank god they have some talented artists working for them.

Its to bad their not programmers to...
  • Options
    captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thebumble wrote: »
    Please make sure you post your thoughts on the new ships and let Cryptic know what you REALLY think of them..:)

Thank god they have some talented artists working for them.

Its to bad their not programmers to...

it looks like a federation BOP.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »

Um I know one subscriber who isn't anymore and SINCE S7 many subscribers have ended their subscribtions due to cryptics action. The game has become a grindfest. Something we have said time and time again. And taking of fleet marks on Foundry just adds fuel to this fire. I fire that has been ignored again and again and we're frankly getting tired of it. THEY ARE LOSING CUSTOMERS. I have paid real money since S7 except once for room for the Ambassador.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I was about to ask exactly what he based that particular... statement... on. Like you I suspect they are making quite a tidy profit, which only serves to make the issue all the more infuriating. I am not however privy to the books so it is merely conjecture on my part...

really you seen the revenue stats personaly via company lately?? GO LOOK AGAIN! (and im a Sto fan this needs to be fixed) i point this out cos they are being totally outshined!!! this latest senario isnt helping...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    THEY ARE LOSING CUSTOMERS.

Of course they are. Subs leave all the time with every game. There is another side to the equation though. Can you say with absolute certainty those losses aren't being fully offset by new subs?
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Of course they are. Subs leave all the time with every game. There is another side to the equation though. Can you say with absolute certainty those losses aren't being fully offset by new subs?

are you going by that image they just recently released or do you have the exact numbers on hand of Old Subs vs New Subs?
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • Options
    smoketh2smoketh2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    While all these new ships are really nice we are lacking the content to really put them through their paces.

Its great having a new ship but the novelty soon wares off when you find yourself playing the exact same content over and over again. At this point I would even consider buying new content off the c-store if it was an option! Most games usually sell dlc these days anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    really you seen the revenue stats personaly via company lately?? GO LOOK AGAIN! (and im a Sto fan this needs to be fixed) i point this out cos they are being totally outshined!!! this latest senario isnt helping...

Where did I say I saw "the revenue stats"? In fact, I said the exact opposite. I haven't. Therefore any statement I make regarding Cryptic's bottom line is a guess at best. We won't get into what it would be at worst.
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Pretty much, for what reason would they have to subscribe. THAT'S the point. Many subs Specifically said that S7 was they reason they quit, they're some you have posted on this topic that they are done subscribing to STO. THIS is seriously the problem.
  • Options
    deathstalker89deathstalker89 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zeus16nbs wrote: »
    Here's an interesting quote from the Company Profile page of the parent company's website in Beijing...

"We are a leading online game developer and operator based in China. We primarily develop online games based on our proprietary game engines and game development platforms. Our strong technology and creative game design capabilities, combined with our extensive knowledge and experiences in the online game market, enable us to frequently and promptly introduce popular games designed to cater changing customer preferences and market trends."

So if that is the parent company saying that, then how does the "child" not know it also?

PWE/Cryptic Stop the FARM! Bring back the FUN!

Zeus

In the good old day you had to spank a child to make it listen.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    smoketh2 wrote: »
    While all these new ships are really nice we are lacking the content to really put them through their paces.

Its great having a new ship but the novelty soon wares off when you find yourself playing the exact same content over and over again. At this point I would even consider buying new content off the c-store if it was an option! Most games usually sell dlc these days anyways.

don't give them ideas there, next mission might come in a lock box. but being here for the entire length of the game the whole 3 years even beta access, I pretty much know each mission from the back of my hand, I have 13 toon in all, 10 Fed and 3 KDF.
    lHut1H2.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    captw wrote: »
    are you going by that image they just recently released or do you have the exact numbers on hand of Old Subs vs New Subs?

That is exactly the point I'm trying to make. I don't have that information, and neither does anyone else on this forum. Saying ZOMG CRYPTIC IZ LOOZING MUNEES!!!1111!!!!!!! without the financial statements to back that up is... yeah. Fact is we don't know.
  • Options
    gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Can you prove with absolute certainty those losses are being offset by new subs?

Asking questions like this is pointless since we, the players, are not privy to their books, metrics etc.
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trellabortrellabor Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please, don't turn this thread into a poo-throwing competition or the Mods will close it. We need to keep it relevant to the issues at hand and pointing fingers at each other isn't going to accomplish anything.
    ____
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The o3 - Killed you good
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Where did I say I saw "the revenue stats"? In fact, I said the exact opposite. I haven't. Therefore any statement I make regarding Cryptic's bottom line is a guess at best. We won't get into what it would be at worst.

But what we've been saying is this is TRIBBLE but here's what you can do to fix. And it goes in one ear and out the other. WE WANT STO to succeed.
  • Options
    giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Looks like we're not the only fan/player base of a major IP MMORPG finding that the goalposts are being shifted.

SWTOR Forum thread

Still not as hot an issue as it is here, but then again we have a "few" other issues that we would like settled, this latest one just seems to have tipped the balance...

And purely as a side question:

If this game is supposed to be the IP of CBS, who themselves are more than aware of the great influence of a LARGE and VOCIFEROUS, even at times FANATICAL fanbase that spend a great deal of real money on their IP... Are/should they be aware of how this fanbase is reacting to a licensed commercial product, based on that IP?

investorrelations@cbs.com
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    the point im making although TOR.. though having a finicial back STO of late has not.. its relying on the backing ot perfect world and though i dont like stahl's decisions you have to admit folks he is governed by the chineese company he ultimatley works for... they have an agenda to make mony and not creativity.. as a result cryptic has had a turn over of staff of many creative personsel...

alas though aside smoketh2 is quite correct in his assesment same content (lack of progresss to sum it up) this game is now turned into the startrek equivilant of Fly For Fun (or even worse).. JJ ABRAHAMS alternate time line drival for creative content.. this is a cash cow and not a game any more and the more the content is re organised and re organised and re organised to fuel revenue than game play then you can guarentee folks are gonna be ****** especialy on a popular franchise like Star Trek.

at the rate this is going.. it will end up RIGHT NOW! like STAR TREK LEGACY was with this latest divelopment as that game was out of the BOX!.. THINK ABOUT IT FOLKS
  • Options
    smoketh2smoketh2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    captw wrote: »
    don't give them ideas there, next mission might come in a lock box. but being here for the entire length of the game the whole 3 years even beta access, I pretty much know each mission from the back of my hand, I have 13 toon in all, 10 Fed and 3 KDF.

Quite right, I guess the sarcasm didn't come through all that well and they probably would take it as an idea! :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warbird001warbird001 Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Its sad, 189 pages of posts and ignored completely by the Devs... They honestly don't care so lets just give up and go do something else. This is a lost cause.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    But what we've been saying is this is TRIBBLE but here's what you can do to fix. And it goes in one ear and out the other. WE WANT STO to succeed.

Absolutely 1000% agreed. If I was happy with the state of affairs I would be playing. Don't misunderstand. I'm not apologizing for anything Cryptic has done in this. They are dead wrong and it needs to be addressed. Period. My point is simply speculating on the financial health of the company is pointless.
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    warbird001 wrote: »
    Its sad, 189 pages of posts and ignored completely by the Devs... They honestly don't care so lets just give up and go do something else. This is a lost cause.

The silence is deafening... both here and on Twitter.
  • Options
    gr4v1t4rgr4v1t4r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    warbird001 wrote: »

Never surrender.
    Lost and Delirious... and Disenchanted too
    Apparently some forum posters have diplomatic immunity nowadays, where can I get mine?
    askray wrote: »
    Expressing my opinion isn't trolling but nice try. Besides, if I was you wouldn't know it ;P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yep a brand new ship to grind in the bug infested game. WHOOO... not.

It doesn't fit in my metrics right now....

Sorry guys. My metrics are what I go by.
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
  • Options
    squatsaucesquatsauce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't think anything's being ignored. Silence is usually preferable from a RP standpoint than a hasty conciliatory announcement that subsequently must be overturned.

Pulling fleet marks off the foundry missions wasn't the problem. The problem was that whole lot of otherwise content players were effectively told that the would need to now spend several more man-months in order to get their fleet bases up to snuff and buying keen fleet gear would take even more time.

I'm fairly certain that there's a potential solution in there, but the fact that it wasn't implemented at the same time that FMs were pulled from the Foundry says that someone somewhere's grasp of scheduling could probably use some work.
This discussion has been closed.