test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Update on Fleet Marks and Dilithium

Comments

• tehburnsteptehburnstep Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    olivia211 wrote: »
    Sometimes when you do a hull heal, you get a 2 minute cooldown on ALL abilities. You cannot do anything except maneuver. Your shields will not regen either. You are basically a sitting duck.

This happened to me after we destroyed a ship and I was clicking abilities to recover. I clicked my hull heal and poof! 2 min cd on everything.

At least you could maneuver. It happened to me and I couldn't even do that. Couldn't turn, couldn't throttle up, couldn't redist shields, nothing. Sitting duck is an understatement. This happened to me on Friday morning. By some strange coincidence, it coincides rather closely with my first post in this thread.
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    (Which includes me. Got my pitchfork right here.)

Nice! Is that the O-MFG-Industries Rage Master-900 from Bloodbath And Beyond? I'm more of a torch-lass. Check THIS out: the WTFBBQ-4500! Dual halogen illumination and oxyfuel pillage-and-burn mode with the Swedish Design comfort-grip. :cool:
    edited February 2013
    nierion wrote: »

So when it comes down to it Mr Stahl. It's not just the FM's that's the problem, or even just the bugs alone, the whole game needs to be looked at again and worked on & patched up to a standard which your consumer deserves. Stop throwing new ships at us, lockboxes and new outfits, that stuff can come later when we have a stable game.

Also signed by The Marie. :)
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've got quite a few fleet members experiencing the following issues:

1 - Two members are using Beam Overload with 1 Dual Beam Bank and 3 DHCs. When they use the ability, the DMG sometimes swaps with the cannons, so they'll do a 4k shot with the Dual Beam Bank but their DHCs do 20k+ dmg per hit. They've managed to one shot cubes, but it's not happening all the time, just on and off. It's a nice bug, but still a bug.

2 - Many members are experiencing a bug where when they change ship they cannot assign any of their BoFFs. They've changed zones, logged off, changed ship and done about everything that normally fixes this bug. Now their characters are unplayable and has been like it for days. The same thing has happened to my wife and she cannot play her main character anymore as it's been like it for 3 days.

So when it comes down to it Mr Stahl. It's not just the FM's that's the problem, or even just the bugs alone, the whole game needs to be looked at again and worked on & patched up to a standard which your consumer deserves. Stop throwing new ships at us, lockboxes and new outfits, that stuff can come later when we have a stable game.

Well to be fair, the inherent problems with cryptic are cumulative. Meaning, the palyerbase were building up to this point with every bad decision cryptic make. The latest is just the last straw broke the camel's back so to speak and we are now seeing what 3 years of ups and downs have created...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    Nice! Is that the O-MFG-Industries Rage Master-900 from Bloodbath And Beyond? I'm more of a torch-lass. Check THIS out: the WTFBBQ-4500! Dual halogen illumination and oxyfuel pillage-and-burn mode with the Swedish Design comfort-grip. :cool:

Sadly, I can only afford either the pitchfork or the torch.

I'm hoping that now that I won't be purchasing any zen, I'll be able to join the torch-owning community soon. :D

In all seriousness thou - can't believe there hasn't been a further dev comment on this. Not to mention an apology for what has to be the single most borked up patch in the history of STO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tillioutilliou Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Also signed by Tilliou
  • tehburnsteptehburnstep Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Because, lets be honest, how many of you actually played through a non-farming (Or 2 button finish) foundry mission every 30 minutes for your IOR completion?

I did, and I normally didn't run IOR more than once daily. I had other things I needed to accomplish. Did I run grinders sometimes? Sure. I also ran other things too as MY time permitted... in an earlier post I even mentioned The Corsairs as a story mission I particularly enjoyed running. IOR on a 30 minute CD was brain-dead stupidity. That doesn't make their solution any more intelligent.
  • nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Well to be fair, the inherent problems with cryptic are cumulative. Meaning, the palyerbase were building up to this point with every bad decision cryptic make. The latest is just the last straw broke the camel's back so to speak and we are now seeing what 3 years of ups and downs have created...

Yeah, it's essentially turning into a snowball effect. Now I understand that all games will have bugs, it's gonna happen. But there are some bugs which I feel can be avoided or dealt with faster. Personally I don't feel Cryptic have a strong testing phase and don't seem to make a lot of use out of their Tribble server.

I came from FFXI which I played for 8 years. So I'm use to a game where you'd probably get some new major content on average every 6 months minimum and the rest of the time would be spent addressing any bugs or exploits that show up in the game, but they wouldn't be as noticeable as what I see in STO. If they spent more time working on what we already have and slow down the amount of new content they keep chucking out I.E. ships, outfits, lockboxes etc, I'd be very content. Sometimes it's just nice to settle into a game and any MMO should have enough content to keep people entertained and having fun for at least 6 months before they need to release any other major content IMO.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • bizzarquestionbizzarquestion Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    In all seriousness thou - can't believe there hasn't been a further dev comment on this. Not to mention an apology for what has to be the single most borked up patch in the history of STO.

Its a long Holiday weekend, some of them probably also took Friday off to make it 4 days. We will likely not be hearing anything until tomorrow morning at the earliest.

Anyway...Power to the People! Keep up The Good Fight!
  • olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the maneuver bug is older than this patch. if you are destroyed and you respawn, often times you are still targeting a ship and if you are when you respawn, your ship will not respond. if you untarget, it gives you back control. an easy remedy, but still an annoying bug.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • bizzarquestionbizzarquestion Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    the maneuver bug is older than this patch. if you are destroyed and you respawn, often times you are still targeting a ship and if you are when you respawn, your ship will not respond. if you untarget, it gives you back control. an easy remedy, but still an annoying bug.

It seems that is the direction they are heading. If the players can come up with an easy enough 'remedy' they mark it as fixed.
  • bloctoadbloctoad Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    themarie wrote: »

*casts Flaming Hand of Fiery Doom at Stahl*
    Jack Emmert: "Starfleet and Klingon. ... So two factions, full PvE content."
    Al Rivera hates Klingons
    Star Trek Online: Agents of Jack Emmert
    All cloaks should be canon.
  • smoketh2smoketh2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    While on the subject of old annoying bugs how long has the revive bug been in the game for now?

Y'Know the one where you go to revive someone in ground combat, get half way through it and it stops and you have to start all over again. This can be infuriating at times AND ITS STILL NOT FIXED!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • papertoastypapertoasty Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    smoketh2 wrote: »
    While on the subject of old annoying bugs how long has the revive bug been in the game for now?

Y'Know the one where you go to revive someone in ground combat, get half way through it and it stops and you have to start all over again. This can be infuriating at times AND ITS STILL NOT FIXED!
    yea its bad when you try 2-3 times before it works
  • zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Here's an interesting quote from the Company Profile page of the parent company's website in Beijing...

"We are a leading online game developer and operator based in China. We primarily develop online games based on our proprietary game engines and game development platforms. Our strong technology and creative game design capabilities, combined with our extensive knowledge and experiences in the online game market, enable us to frequently and promptly introduce popular games designed to cater changing customer preferences and market trends."

So if that is the parent company saying that, then how does the "child" not know it also?

PWE/Cryptic Stop the FARM! Bring back the FUN!

Zeus
  • ramarblackhandramarblackhand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    They funny part about the revive bug is it has been around since beta so that should tell you about there bug fixing track record.
  • thebumblethebumble Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    yea its bad when you try 2-3 times before it works

No, no, no. You got it wrong fellas.

That's 'Working as intended', the Cryptic way...
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    PWE wrote:
    enable us to frequently and promptly introduce popular games designed to cater changing customer preferences

Maybe PWE are just getting rid of us so this can be a Star Wars game when TOR folds? :)

Hmm... does that mean I can haz a Death Star?
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • ramarblackhandramarblackhand Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well then if you look at it that way then the foundy before remove fm reward was working as intended. So I guess shipping patches out with bug is also working as intended.
  • kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sometimes when you do a hull heal, you get a 2 minute cooldown on ALL abilities. You cannot do anything except maneuver. Your shields will not regen either. You are basically a sitting duck.

This happened to me after we destroyed a ship and I was clicking abilities to recover. I clicked my hull heal and poof! 2 min cd on everything.

Wow so another game breaking bug introduced into the game by cryptic, again. And they claim they have QA.
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
  • nova2284nova2284 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    olivia211 :D:D:D good youtube video

"i want fleet marks back!" - we all need just post that over and over again because not getting message.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DELTA RISING FIXS THERE NEVER COMING WHY I'M I WASTING MY TIME ASKING FOR THEM ???
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe PWE are just getting rid of us so this can be a Star Wars game when TOR folds? :)

Hmm... does that mean I can haz a Death Star?

Remember what I've been saying for the last few weeks Kaz? That I have a sneaky suspicion that the powers that be are slowly winding this game down so they can focus on a newer, shinier game.
    I need a beer.

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    She did say "legitimate missions" so they are not being blamed IMO they are being made out to be the poor innocent parties.

I don't see why any mission needs to be defined as "legitimate."

It was on a half an hour cooldown. Missions did have to meet certain internal criteria to qualify for rewards.

I totally get the idea that 50 was too many. Leaving it at 50 when the wrapper once required three missions and was daily when the wrapper required one mission and was doable every half hour was dumb on Cryptic's part because it made the Foundry better as a FM source than other gameplay types.

But it's a valid alternative type if they just knocked down the rewards so they weren't the best. Cryptic needs to stop fighting so hard for queued events. They're boring.

A solo player in a Foundry mission is engaging in social play because somebody made that. I think the failure to consider that as social (and continued failure to have adequate authorship rewards) is an area where I think Cryptic demonstrates that they see the Foundry as a resource to plunder without showing any great respect to the work involved by authors. I feel like when they DO get blown away by a Foundry mission, the reaction at work is probably something like, "And we got someone to make this FOR FREE!" And it becomes this showcase on the power of crowdsourcing.

I don't believe in crowdsourcing. I think it's a purchase of labor made on credit and that credit will eventually be paid, maybe with another intangible like lost goodwill or closed markets as fringe areas make crowdsourcing illegal. I think there's a limited amount you can benefit from it but that the costs associated with it aren't nearly as limited... and need to be quantified. Even dodging every other bullet, the next question then becomes why devs need salaries once enough things can be automated or crowdsources; that may never impact STO but I guarantee you that somebody, somewhere is dreaming of what it would take to make a totally automated MMO without devs for content or systems balancing, where everything is user submitted, datamined, or handled by vote. At best, eventually somebody is going to launch an MMO with a Foundry-like tool that pays authors cash for content and steal the best authors that way.

We'll see though.
  • weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Remember what I've been saying for the last few weeks Kaz? That I have a sneaky suspicion that the powers that be are slowly winding this game down so they can focus on a newer, shinier game.

Well there's no doubt that STO's getting neglected because of Neverwinter - also, when NW gets released (in typical buggy, barely fit-for-purpose MMO fashion) it'll be all hands on deck for the inevitable 45-day patch.

How this will impact their grand plans for 'The Season formerly known as Eight' remains to be seen - you'll forgive me if I'm not too optimistic though won't you? :)
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well there's no doubt that STO's getting neglected because of Neverwinter - also, when NW gets released (in typical buggy, barely fit-for-purpose MMO fashion) it'll be all hands on deck for the inevitable 45-day patch.

How this will impact their grand plans for 'The Season formerly known as Eight' remains to be seen - you'll forgive me if I'm not too optimistic though won't you? :)

Don't worry, NW will get neglected as soon as Cryptic gets its hands on another IP to build a storefront out of.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    so does this mean the patrol missions and the defiri(sp) dailies are not legitimate? they have no story and are just shoot shoot mob grinds. we should remove all rewards from them as well. or all dailies for that matter they have no story to them so why should they give rewards

/sarcasm
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
    edited February 2013

Half finished. Full of bugs. Glaring graphical issues. Holes in the floor. At least three of the promised unlocks will be unfinished while the rest don't work as promised or are outright bugged. We will be stalled for weeks and weeks until they finally stop responding to those questions... Meanwhile we get weekly patches to fix spelling and grammar issues in the lockbox premiums.

Cynical? Oh you bet. It's what we've gotten before and nothing has changed going forward.

I'll keep playing though -- just in case they wake up one day and decide to do better.
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And here it is...

I know this release (http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=821691) was planned a while back and they'd announced it would be discussed soon. Planned, sure, but certainly "well-timed" to come out now, though...

YEP, several of you called it - here's the new "ooooh, shiney" that was predicted would come out just in time to try and run interference and cloud the issues in this thread! Some of ye need to consider a career on The Psychic Network," ha! Nah, it's just that you know your Cryptic, eh? ;)

Sorry, chaps: these ships are cool, but not a single penny more until the issues in this thread (at VERY least - one could hope for more...) are addressed!
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • giaranagiarana Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't think the Devs/PWE have the time to spend on this issue, they have more money making advertising to make $$$$$$$$$$$

At least it's nice to know that they are in the forums, I guess this tiny little thread isn't busy enough for them to look in and say hello...

Dan, Dan he's our man,
    if he can't answer,
    nobody can...
    HOMO SAPIENS NON URINAT IN VENTUM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    =/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
    Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
  • captainmerzancaptainmerzan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thebumble wrote: »
    That could very well be.

Dev: 'But Dan, its not ready yet!'

D.Stahl: 'Don't worry, we have over a year or so to fix it before people even begin to come close to Tier 5. They'll never know..'

Almost a year later...

Dev: 'ZOMG!! A fleets going to be Tier 5 in a week!'

D.Stahl: 'Nerf EVERYTHING that has to do with Fleet Marks! That'll slow them down..'

Dev: "But, what about the backlash from players?'

D.Stahl: 'Don't worry, we got a 3 day weekend. It'll blow over...'

XD

lol too funny, they just letting us punch ouselves out lol.
This discussion has been closed.