test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GM/ Customer Service/ Billing Support and Tickets

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    natejam101 wrote: »
    I just need to know if it is normal of for Customer Service tickets to go un-answered for over 5 days..

The first time i submitted a ticket, i got tired of watching the days go by waiting for a response. After 9 days, I finally closed the ticket myself.

3 days ago, I submitted another ticket about the same issue and still no response yet. Just wondering if this is normal wait times for Lifetime and Sub based players?

It depends on the type of ticket you are submitting. What type of ticket was it?

For instance, if it's a behavior ticket (reporting another player), it will never get a response as we can not let you know action taken on or results of an investigation of another player. If it's a bug report, this will also not get a response -- it's sent to QA and they investigate. If it's something else (missing items, stuck, etc.), then GMs should respond.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    edit - ninja'd by branflakes
    Replying to natejam101 in #276 before merge

Depends what the problem is really.

Significant issues that stop you from playing are replied to, but minor bugs and other minor issues are collected and prioritised with the thousands of tickets they would get a week. I say replied to because they are not necessarily addressed immediately. They don't have the staff to personally address every single issue.

If it is a major issue affecting many players, its better to submit your ticked and start a thread in the Bug Report sub-forum. They do silently look at these.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have a problem that I GM ticketed on the weekend and also inquired about in the Game Bug Forums.
    I can neither access nor discharge, either of the T-3 or T-5 Ambassador ships on my ESD Shipyard List.
    Every time I click on either of them the game crashes to desktop.

It has completely tied up two of my ship slots (probably two I paid for).

I've heard no reply on the ticket yet (though based on what I've read around here I wasn't counting my chickens), and the replies in the thread have been no help so far.

Should I continue to hold my breath so to speak, or just toss my hands in the air and chalk it up to a loss that'll I never recoup?

(Of course that means I'll never be abel to fly either ship, as I can only have one of each on this toon)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It depends on the type of ticket you are submitting. What type of ticket was it?

For instance, if it's a behavior ticket (reporting another player), it will never get a response as we can not let you know action taken on or results of an investigation of another player. If it's a bug report, this will also not get a response -- it's sent to QA and they investigate. If it's something else (missing items, stuck, etc.), then GMs should respond.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Its a ticket request to have characters restored :)
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    Its a ticket request to have characters restored :)

I see. Well, that should get a response :) Feel free to also email customerservice@perfectworld.com.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I see. Well, that should get a response :) Feel free to also email customerservice@perfectworld.com.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hmm, well i hope so. Its been in for a few days now but nothing yet. I guess ill give it a few more.

Thanks
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hmm, well i hope so. Its been in for a few days now but nothing yet. I guess ill give it a few more.

Thanks

I hope you get a response soon! I know if anything happened to my characters, I'd want to know that I could get a response from customer support within a few days.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
  • kartimozkartimoz Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

when can I expect an answer? It?s 16 days ago and the only response is (automatically generated) that I have to be patient... mmhh..is it cause I am a F2P-gamer?
  • kartimozkartimoz Member Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    I give up - after answering the same question for 7(!) times now.

Sad but true - it?s not the support I expected.

My emailprovider shut down the service and all I wanted was to change my emailadress because I had to reinstall the game - therefore I need the one-time-code. Unfortunately the support cannot help me (or don?t want to?).
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    All the contact support links on the forum and web page are dead links.
    I haven't received a response for the last three tickets I issued.

This is definitely sub par. in a game where a virtual ship can cost anywhere between $5 usd to $400 in value to obtain, I would expect a little bit better.
    Really quite disappointed. Were it not for my fleetmates i'd go try eve or some other ridiculous money sink.

If this is any indication of what Neverwinter will be like I wont even begin to spend money on that.
    Rather play xbox. I hate xbox.
  • commanderpickardcommanderpickard Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would like to officialy transmit my disregard for the quality of the support team in Perfect World.
    It takes too long to resolve any issue.
    In my case,my account was TRIBBLE by a joker that simply TRIBBLE to my account and e-mail and changed not only the e-mail conected to the account like he too erased all the pc's i had conected to the game.so i cant play because pw sends a message to the jokers bogus e-mail asking to activate my computer.
    this issue was simply resolved if they would just rool back the acount to the original e-mail i created the account with,from there i could improve security,change passwords and connect the pc i usualy play again...but no..2 weeks or more has passed and still just TRIBBLE e-mails asking the same questions over and over,details details details....
    How hard is it to put the original e-mail that was used to create the account in the first place back conected to the account.by normal reasoning the real owner is the one that has the first e-mail that was used to create it right?
    Looks to difficult for them...I used to play Guild Wars for some years and the same happened to me back then once.in less than 24 hours i had the original mail conected to the account and i was playing.
    Note that the hacker was a joker and not a real nasty guy,he didnt changed the password from my P.W. account ,if he was he would be playing for shure i think ,he just erased the pc and changed the mail...

Looks too confusing for the support team...still waiting after 2 weeks and lost the oportunity to gain the ambassador ships... >:(
  • zenstratazenstrata Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wish you luck. Sadly the customer support here is absolutely terrible. expect to wait weeks before you get a reply. And even when someone finally does get back to you, there is a very high chance they will simply say they can not help you.

This has been my experience with customer support here. It is bar-none, the worse customer support I have Ever seen in any company anywhere.

I had better success getting help from customer support in games where the support staff did not even speak my language!
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wow talk about a black mark. ive seen none of these issues resolved, no positive feedback at all. factory of sadness ftw.
    saving my money.
  • commanderpickardcommanderpickard Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lake1771 wrote: »
    wow talk about a black mark. ive seen none of these issues resolved, no positive feedback at all. factory of sadness ftw.
    saving my money.

Stupid enough from them is asking me,a guy that was TRIBBLE, not only the pw account but the e-mail as well to write from the same e-mail personal information like last credit card digits full ,:mad:adress and more stuff including last transactions to prove that you are the same person...im not asking to roll back the account or anything,just to change a e-mail that is bogus for the one i created the PW acount with in the first place...:p
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Stupid enough from them is asking me,a guy that was TRIBBLE, not only the pw account but the e-mail as well to write from the same e-mail personal information like last credit card digits full ,:mad:adress and more stuff including last transactions to prove that you are the same person...im not asking to roll back the account or anything,just to change a e-mail that is bogus for the one i created the PW acount with in the first place...:p

But they don't know that you're not a hacker who got ahold of an old email address that's no longer in the account holder's control. Asking you to prove your identity is something you'd very much want them to do if it were a hacker calling them, isn't it?
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • robynsrobyns Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Does anyone know how long it usually takes for a Customer Service representative to review a ticket & come back to Gold Members? My ticket has been waiting already for 5 days, and while I see that the ticket is there, I am starting to think that it hasn't reached anyone.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My most recent ticket (on 2/3/13) was answered after 8 days...

And They solved my problem to my satisfaction.

:)

(I'm a LTS, BTW)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • robynsrobyns Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ok, thanks. I'll give them more time then. :)
  • picardtheiiipicardtheiii Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You will most likely receive a form letter within a few days.
  • dudikusdudikus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Their support is awfull. They try to help, I won't deny that, but anything that is simply outo of the box is out of the box. I am infurriated to say the least. They won't properly read your reply, try to give you generic answers and when that won't work then.. you are out of luck.
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Minimum 5 days for initial answer and then same for each reply..

Yes pretty dang bad customer service around here to be honest, and I wrote and told them that once. Even included a comparison toplist of different mmos customer services from my personal experiences.

Think I got a reply to that with something like: Yadda thank yous. and feel free to post your opinions on our forums. Yeah right. :rolleyes:

There, now I got that too off my chest and it's friday!
    signwidrona.png
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    5 Days is better than my "discussion" with Turbines customer support about a refund when I'd cancelled my sub and they still charged me for the next month.

Then they had the gall to take the funds again 2 days later for the same thing after their support guy had claimed that they'd cancel everything from their end.

As for EA's 24 hour guarantee for a response, 2 weeks to get a response that they were escalating my ticket, and another 2 weeks for someone else to get back to me again.

I will happily wait 5 days for a response from PWE on an issue.
  • zix74itaelitezix74itaelite Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    it's been 3 days since i'm in need of the suppor but the link on the main page of the forum its DEAD.

FIX IT NOW

I'm a subscriber and I can't check whats happening to the tickets i've sent ingame...
    I NEED SUPPORT because the ships I PAYED for are not working as they should and I'm tired of waiting... I've got problems with: guramba, b'rel, difficulties in slotting DOFFS.. and the list goes on...

I DEMAND THE SUPPORT LINK TO BE FIXED (yes shouting but its your fault I know this problem with the support link its not new!!!!!!!!)
  • kronplah78kronplah78 Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello STO community,

Has anyone experienced a less than satisfactory customer service from Cryptic's support/customer relations team? Things such as no response to some of your tickets, or responses that direct you/"pawn you off" to the forums with NO specific area to search under for your issue? How about NO clear indication or explaination to why they made a certain decision that concerns you? Perhaps when when you do get a response, is it vague and does not answer your issue or inquiry? Or here's an extreme, have you ever been THREATENED by cryptic that you will punished for attempting to demand clarification from them on a previous vague and unclear response? Or maybe someone has other 'unique' issues.

I had requested help on issues of how to gain admin proviledges on a player made channel, it was just a simple question. The unfortunate situation was where the creator of the private channel left the game due to real life reasons and myself and friends want to manage it in his absence. The response I received, was basically a link to goto the forums and that was it. No one actually wrote me back with a brief but clear response to my concern. You don't feel that sense, that someone took the time make that individual connection to you to make your issue seem relevant to them, basics of customer service, which I've been doing over 10 years.

If no one 'minds', would you care to share your experiences on this issue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] THE POWER OF KRATOS!!!
  • ussfuryussfury Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You first.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yeah. never heard of bad costumer service from cryptic. ever.
    Even when they were with atari they didn't even bother to have bad CS.

Must be an off day for them.
    Maybe a year from today it will be a "one year anniversay" of the one day cryptic couldn't do CS to save their lives.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • kain9primekain9prime Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    What's going on here? An attempt at a coup d'etat!

:D
    The artist formally known as Romulus_Prime
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm going to point out that this is a topic fraught with potential forum rules violations.

Posting Private Correspondence
    You may not post messages that have been sent or received in private. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • PMs received from other users and PWE Staff.
    • Correspondence from our Customer Service Department or moderators.
    • Discussing disciplinary actions taken against any forum, or game account.

Please consider the forum rules before posting, and don't be surprised if we have to lock the thread.

~Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    *Not gonna touch this one today.* :)
    signwidrona.png
  • fudge1975fudge1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    well, as it's now running into 5 days without a response to my ticket, raised due to my illiteracy with numerics and no commas in the sale price window on the exchange, i think i'd agree.......am resigning myself to the "pawned off" reply though, as it's not winning me over, this customer service...

*edit*
    1 week....
This discussion has been closed.