What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sever kicking Multiple Times

Comments

• Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have no particular interest in messing with my computer when I am having no connection problems with anywhere else. I can't help but think that these "Server Stability Adjustments" that were recently made have resulted in connections being dropped faster since this problem was not occurring with such frequency prior to that even during the Holiday event period.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is getting ridiculous. Between the unplayable Lag, and server disconnects there is something wrong on your end. I've done all the things Branflakes has suggested and they have not worked. This all started with your anniversary patch. Please fix this, it really is ridiculous to be having this problem for almost a week now.
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I'm in Japan and I'm having these same issues as well as frequent server disconnects.
    STOP THE
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    jam062307 wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous. Between the unplayable Lag, and server disconnects there is something wrong on your end. I've done all the things Branflakes has suggested and they have not worked. This all started with your anniversary patch. Please fix this, it really is ridiculous to be having this problem for almost a week now.

If you're still experiencing an issue, I would reach out to your ISP to see if they can help troubleshoot and find where the cause may be :) I recently experienced the same thing -- turned out that cabling underground had to be changed, and once it was, all was smooth sailing.

As far as our end, everything looks back to normal.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    kyuui13kyuui13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If you're still experiencing an issue, I would reach out to your ISP to see if they can help troubleshoot and find where the cause may be :) I recently experienced the same thing -- turned out that cabling underground had to be changed, and once it was, all was smooth sailing.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

lets see, My house is streaming a movie, As well as SiriusXM Radio, my wife is browsing, as am I, and I'm playing STO, which has dropped, twice, in 10 minutes. Nothing else has been effected. Not the movie, not my radio, not the browsing. Just STO.
    Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
  • Options
    jamesvt1jamesvt1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm in Tennessee, and can't get a connection at all. :(
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

On my end also since Birthday patch this drives me mad... Somtetimes on one Map i get kicked 3 times within 15 min.. Somtetimes i got kicked immediatly after re-join, or even twice within 1 min. ^^.... This happens up to 10 times in a 1 hour playtime! Seems totally random.
    As for any suspections: nope, my Internet is fine (vdsl) and works fine with everything other (Onlinegames f.e.).

Before the patch i was happy that all things you can find on forums regarding discons not happened to me. After the patch i feel totally ***** by the connection and meet more and more people who just make the same experience (lag- or disconwise).

Plz have a "trek-like" closer look ;), thx.

p.s.: Also plz keep in mind that not everybody who runs into this comes to the forums to complain about. As i said it started for me with birthday-patch, so it's been a while before i decided to post here ;)...
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

ROTFLMAO...

You really luv to put yer foot init, don't cha...

That last line sounded like something right out of "The Stepford Wives".

(both versions) :P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Tried that, not the ISP. I'm able to stream hulu/netflix on 2-4 different devices at the same time. its running better right now, we'll see if it stays that way.
    STOP THE
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The team is investigating this now. More updates as I have them, but from the looks of things, you're all back in?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

NOPE. The launcher window has "unable to authenticate" after I input username and password, then click login.

I wanted to do a force verify...it looks like it might work. I did a force verify the other day when I had login trouble, and it seemed to solve it at the time. It looks like it is working now. The launcher is patching (good sign) =D
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, the force verify did get me into the game, as far as my list of characters, then the server dropped out again. I am currently disconnected and am trying to connect.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    captainhundleycaptainhundley Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This is ridiculous. I have been saving up for LTS, but if the last 10 days of server issues are any indication, I am not sure if that is a good idea. Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but I really hope you guys can get things rolling smoothly again.
  • Options
    shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yeah Im still getting these same problems, launcher issues and server disconnects. I have had no problems until the last couple of patches. I have had the internet people on the phone for a couple of hours today trying to help. The fact is its not on their end nor mine, just cryptics. Furthermore, I find it curious that I can browse and play Battlefield 3 with no issues any time of the day. So, suck it up and please fix these problems.

P.S. been going on like this for 4 days just unplayable today!!!!!!! Support tickets were put in too.
  • Options
    red01999red01999 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Was in the middle of a conversation with someone (ironically that could end up helping PWE make a few sales) and got booted. Can't get back in. This was after struggling with it for a while. Lots of server timeouts. Game's been unplayable for about 3 hours, struggling has been going on for at least 1 with a wide variety of problems, ranging from the Internet Explorer front-end never loading to the account server timing out.

Ugh.
  • Options
    daedalus27daedalus27 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Still getting the stutter and disconnections. Nothing else is experiencing this between youtube, netflix, podcasts, other multiplayer games like PS2 and others as well as other computers on the network doing a similar things. Only STO has this problem and only since the aniversary update. It is not a problem on our end with so many people having issues.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    daedalus27 wrote: »
    Only STO has this problem and only since the aniversary update. It is not a problem on our end with so many people having issues.

....../this!
  • Options
    bibolabibola Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This morning patch don't makes things better for me.
    Disconnect form server after 3mn traveling in sector map.
    (Crafting at alpha centauri is totaly impossible, disconnected in 2-3mn, several times since yesterday.)

About the cable joke, notice that Civ5 co-op, Trackmania, NS2, Orcs 2 co-op, Portal 2 co-op, and several internet services (FTP, VPN, Rich Web Application, ect) works fine.

Keep investigating this weird issue please.
  • Options
    srafaoraspsrafaorasp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just to put this out here. i was playing all night with my fleet. 7 people all on teamspeak and in STO. for 5+ hours. and we only had 1 disconnect. (one person disconnected once)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    srafaorasp wrote: »
    Just to put this out here. i was playing all night with my fleet. 7 people all on teamspeak and in STO. for 5+ hours. and we only had 1 disconnect. (one person disconnected once)

Very lucky one from here ^^.... i can't play 1 hour without disconnect nowadays. ONLY STO! Everthing other is fine (streaming, onlinegaming, etc...).
  • Options
    campbell3campbell3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have been playing this game faithfully for quite a while (2009), for the most part I have never had any problem with the game, a few little glitches there an there, nothing major, but for the last few days (since the last update) I have not made it past the load up page after clicking play, this is of course using my main character that I have used from the get go, devoting time,money, uniforms , ships, gold etc. any other character I have of lesser importance can log in fine, and I did manager to log my main guy in last nigh long enough to turn my star ship and head for earth, then oops, bump back to desktop. Bran flakes you are wrong pal, it's NOT on our end, the only one to change anything is from the games end. I have been a paying customer from the get go, but now with this going on, it's making me want to cancel my whole subscription all together. Going to wait and see how the update goes today.....but don't even go the route that the issue is on OUR end,no way to pass the buck there Bran..
  • Options
    terryanders25terryanders25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think "There is nothing wrong with the server here!" is like there standard greeting for all problems...
    Admiral Terry Anders

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crappynamerulescrappynamerules Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It had stopped when it was first going, but since I have been getting the random DCs, usually when I am in instances talking with other players. When I am off doing things on my own, no issue.
  • Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would really like to play STO for more than five minutes without a 'server not responding' and getting booted to login. I am usually pretty relaxed about such things but the amount of d/c's is getting very frustrating. I play alot of Foundry missions and STF's and the current situation is severely hampering my enjoyment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    v13ironsidesv13ironsides Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've been getting kicked from the server every couple minutes. It doesn't matter what I'm doing when it happens. This has been going on now for the last couple hours. The same thing happend to me and a friend last night too. Fix the issue!!!!!!
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,656 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    One more to the DC pile... Right now even the login page of the launcher isn't coming up.
  • Options
    aeternaliaeternali Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    we are loosing people in the fleet for STFs. You have got to fix the constant disconnects and server not responding problem.
  • Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Three more d/c's since my previous post. And as someone stated above, putting the blame on this end is not a cool move. My pc or connection is not the problem as I can do anything else I wish online with no problems whatsoever. I assure you that the problem is on the end of the game servers. Please take a look at this issue, many people are becoming frustrated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Three more d/c's since my previous post. And as someone stated above, putting the blame on this end is not a cool move. My pc or connection is not the problem as I can do anything else I wish online with no problems whatsoever. I assure you that the problem is on the end of the game servers. Please take a look at this issue, many people are becoming frustrated.

This is correct, too many people are experiencing this for to be our computers.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Guess the problem isn't fixed.

Just booted me and won't let me log back in. :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Booted again just outside of SB1.

I patched already today, why does it always try to patch, why does it always fail?

With every patch you seem to disconnect people or totally TRIBBLE up the stability of your infrastructure.