test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sever kicking Multiple Times

123457»

Comments

• thejosephinethejosephine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Add another one to the list. I can not log in from any character. Instant Disconnected from server as soon as they try to load a map.
  • tassadortassador Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same here. Every time I go into the PVE window, no matter what I do, it crashes automatically and I am kicked out of the game. Same thing has happened the few times I am quick enough to join a pve and close the window, it kicks me off the server when the pve starts. I have also been kicked off the server and gotten the crash error several times when changing sectors.
  • joelleyjoelley Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    There are many threads on this kicking issue.

The resounding silence from Cryptic/PWE speaks volumes about their approach to customer service.

As a business model, expecting people to spend money on a game run on an inadequate server is plain suicidal.

Ignoring the forum complaints, and running a support page that doesn't work is a bit like playing soccer with a land mine.

Spend money on a game that kicks every five minutes, then refuses to restart ? I don't think so.
    [SIGPIC]Patch.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • pottresspottress Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi started playing yestredray and all i have is lag !
    lag every time i move evrytime i shoot i cant even choose skills !!! getting throught facility is imposible i move 10 meters forward and 20 backwards

and those lags occur even by midninght

I am in europe, i tried to set proxy to EU than it refused to log me in

my ping to google is around 30 and my ping to stratrek servers doesnt go below 150

IS this normal ???? if yes than goodbye i am quiting
  • lidius2lidius2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Similar problem here.

Account Server and Lists of Characters are loading fine, but as i click one of my chars, the map starts loading and a few secs later i get a disconnect.
  • osdffffffosdffffff Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Similar issue here, although i can login after some time, nothing ingame works, e.g:
    - when i try to que for pvp/e the window doesn't show anything but "waiting for server..."
    - In space i see other peoples ships behaving normally, while mine does not move in any way
    - once ingame, i cant log out except for closing the client
    Very annoying, just as i startet to get into the game, oh well...

Edit:
    After stumbling upon this thread: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=272002&page=4
    i played around with the taskmanager and got it working for some 5-10 minutes(can't really say how or why), now its messed up once again.
  • thejosephinethejosephine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Disconnects are getting extremely annoying. It only started after the patch at the beginning of February.

I can now only play the game when connected via the US proxy. Even then, I still get disconnected about once every 15 minutes. Makes playing the game a bit of a chore.

Also, I can no longer Alt-Tab in Fullscreen or Switch windows while in windowed mode. That will cause it to instantly be disconnected. So much for attempting to do other things while playing.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    pottress wrote: »
    Hi started playing yestredray and all i have is lag !
    lag every time i move evrytime i shoot i cant even choose skills !!! getting throught facility is imposible i move 10 meters forward and 20 backwards

and those lags occur even by midninght

I am in europe, i tried to set proxy to EU than it refused to log me in

my ping to google is around 30 and my ping to stratrek servers doesnt go below 150

IS this normal ???? if yes than goodbye i am quiting

Ping doesn't help in properly diagnosing issues in latency. It'll tell you the latency between that particular point and your PC, but not what's going on over the whole route.

Try using the tests outlined in the lag and rubberbanding sticky. It'll really help with seeing the larger picture with your issue.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • taolen7780taolen7780 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi guys somehow know when they will fix the bugs in the game and the server always play me off when the server is not responding
  • rizzothegreatrizzothegreat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Been getting this on and off for a couple of weeks now, totally unplayable when it happens, seems to happen in stops and starts, plays fine for 10seconds, then spends 30seconds where I can't do anything, then suddenly recovers and plays fine for 10 seconds etc etc

Getting constant server not responding errors, log in fine, just have about enough time to click on a couple of doff missions then server times out for 30seconds, comes back for 10seconds etc etc

In UK here if that makes any difference, playing starbase fleet defense earlier, everyone complaining of lag was in Europe, only people who didn't get any where all state side.

Time to run sortthissh*tout.exe cryptpic