What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sever kicking Multiple Times

Comments

• Options
    terryanders25terryanders25 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Maybe its time for Cryptic to so a full server stop and reload? At the moment I can just hear Scotty... "Cap'n! The main computer is down!"
    Admiral Terry Anders

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    Maybe its time for Cryptic to so a full server stop and reload? At the moment I can just hear Scotty... "Cap'n! The main computer is down!"

Except it's not a sever issue, as I've mentioned several times in this thread :) There was a network "blip" that affected both STO and CO. Things seems fine again based on everything we see on our end. If you're having residual issues, try restarting your router and computer.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    mneinthmneinth Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just wanna pipe in and say been lagging,and booted from server,as well as not being able to enter missions off and on for last few hours
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So it IS the Boston Tea Party again! :P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    mneinth wrote: »
    Just wanna pipe in and say been lagging,and booted from server,as well as not being able to enter missions off and on for last few hours

Not the kicking issue... I am talking overall lag in gameplay that seams to stick around... That would probably be fixed by a full server reset...
    Admiral Terry Anders

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Except it's not a sever issue, as I've mentioned several times in this thread :) There was a network "blip" that affected both STO and CO. Things seems fine again based on everything we see on our end. If you're having residual issues, try restarting your router and computer.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Might what to look again, mate. Just has a mass exodus from Mine Trap a minute ago. Lost the 100 Saves by a few, which could've been saved. :(
  • Options
    eviaxeviax Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Server issue.Loading maps too long,que to missions fails,getting disconnect every 10 mins or less.It's started last night.My net is perfect and its seems just like 3th year anniversary first load problem.

Please check the server.

Regards,
  • Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was getting kicked multiple times over the last 3 hours while doing both marks events, so i t really didn't seem like a "blip" to me. Each time it would take forever to connect to the account server, and it's not my internet, computer, or router because every thing else is working fine.

It just sucks putting in the work for no reward.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Just got kicked from a STF...
    Admiral Terry Anders

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    and it happen again
  • Options
    mneinthmneinth Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I went ahead and restarted my computer,modem and router,and while it did let me in the mission i was trying to get into it still booted me before i could complete
  • Options
    nassirisnassiris Member Posts: 111
    edited February 2013
    Tonight had been really bad for kicks, worst than most nights. Almost want to make me wnat to hit the uninstall button and quite the game for good.
  • Options
    ironskull44ironskull44 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Why they don't just shut down STO until they fix their servers is beyond me. It would be far less frustrating than playing and getting booted every few minutes. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    apostolis78apostolis78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same here been getting kicked all day and now can't even log onto the account server. Are you gonna fix this or? Nice Anniversary by the way... Thanks for all the lag and disconnect gifts and the high pings and all that.
    At least we got a crappy ship and Tasha's bad voice acting.

Thank you Cryptic.
  • Options
    amokhsamokhs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    D/C'd at least 15 times in 90 mins multiple fleet members same issue and saw on zone chat same also.
  • Options
    lex0001lex0001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have been on for about an hour and a half and i have been logged out about 8 times. and i keep getting that do you want to safe log on or log in normal. I have come to realize that choice doesn't matter ill just be logged out again in 10min. Also i never got a straight answer as to why when that launcher issue was going on, my av was flagging the sto.exe as a security risk , which it has never done for the year i have had this game installed.

But one thing at a time i like the Game sto better than the game ,lets see how many time i can get kicked off sto .

I remember back in the good old days ( two weeks a go) I could walk away for 2 seconds ,grab a drink and come back and i would still be logged on..... good times
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited February 2013
    I guess all that testing they did was all for naught.....
  • Options
    srafaoraspsrafaorasp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Just because the road is closed does not mean the store is closed. or that it is the stores fault
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    srafaorasp wrote: »
    Just because the road is closed does not mean the store is closed. or that it is the stores fault

Well, I wish the Hell somebody would either pave over the current dirt, back-road many of us are forced to travel lately...

Or reopen the Super Highway that apparently is Closed For Repairs !
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was trying to do some work in the Foundry last night, and got booted just about every 10 min or so. That really makes it super hard to make maps and create characters for the story.
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • Options
    mastercode123mastercode123 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Is this affecting everyone, or just life time member? Because I am a Free to play and have NO disconnections at all, not as much as a lot of life time members do. ;)
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,875 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Using fiber instead of DSL or cable for my network and still got kicked out about 4 times while doing the Tour this morning. Hope they can fix whatever the issue before the weekend or more masses of people would be affected by this :)
    DUwNP.gif

• Options
    buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is not a STO problem. When STO kicks me off and cannot connect, I have the same issue with many other websites at the same time. Meanwhile some sites remain unaffected. This seems to be a glitch in the WWW network.
  • Options
    drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the game. What's really odd is when I can't connect to the patcher on STO I'm still able to launch Champions Online and connect. As far as I understood, the patchers run on the same server... so not sure what's wrong with that picture... :)
    f3wrLS.jpg
  • Options
    lex0001lex0001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I changed my password and that seemed to work for a while the next day it was back to the

same issue. I changed it this last time and no problems . I have to check again today but im

thinking security issue.....could a player get knocked off if some else tried to log on to that

same account? Or if someone is already logged on to that account? Seriously though i

shouldn't have to change my password everyday just to stay logged in.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    They really just need to Crash-Restart the server...
    Admiral Terry Anders

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think a lot of people get confused over two different problems.

Internet routing issues and outages can be nasty when key hubs are causing problems. You'll find several web addresses unreachable at the same time. It generally corrects itself, but its unstable so it goes back down over and over, there are a number of people suffering from this making the game unplayable right now.

There is also a more localized cryptic issue, pretty much everyone I see is getting kicked out for "server not responding" on map changes only, not for just play the game, with little to no lag or rubber banding. It isn't happening to a lot of people at once, no mass kicks, just individually knocking people off. It must be server related.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A network problem doesn't necessarily mean it's the fault of either the Server or the Clients, it could be anywhere along the route from one to the other. Solar flares, bad weather, technical problems at routing centers or anything of that sort could FUBAR a player's connection to the server. That said, it seems that the problem has become significantly more noticeable since the most recent set of patches and this anniversary event, whether that's a mere coincidence or not, who can say?
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The Internetz must be really overwhelmed this afternoon then...

Cause I haven't been able to stay in the game any more then about 10 minutes at a time.
  • Options
    bibolabibola Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same thing here.
    After 1 year, I'm back to play with a friend, and got disconnected several times since yesterday.

Usually I can't log for 15-20mn.
    Loading screen are frightening me now, it adds some suspens.

Network restarted, and no amelioration.

btw this game is great, Happy birthday "lalalaaaa"